• Published 26th Oct 2013
  • 634 Views, 21 Comments

Saint Beast: From Pony to Dragon to Pony Again - Setten Sun



Saint Beast is the child of two thieves that were killed by his adopted mother, a red dragon. Now he has turned 11, and is sent to Ponyville.

  • ...
7
 21
 634

A dragons plan

"So" The princess started "why did my gust run into Everfree?"

The three mares looked at Sweetie. When she finally understood the meaning of the looks she recapped her story. "I was going to Zecora's...and I must have taken a wrong turn. I ended up lost, so I tried to go back. Well that didn't work for me, so I sat by a tree for a long time hoping somepony would find me. Soon after I heard a branch snap and I saw him! I ran over to him and he made some scary noises and he looked threatening, so I ran from him. No matter how fast I ran he was right behind me! Soon I saw the exit of the forest and I screamed for help." She then looked at Twilight.

Twilight looked at Sweetie, with her mouth slightly ajar, as she spoke "So he didn't even" The princess quickly interrupted.

"Twilight please continue the story"

"Yes, princess. Well, we could hear Sweetie's cries for help. So we left Fluttershy's home and Sweetie jumped behind us as she told us that he was trying to kill her. So I trapped him in a containment field, only for him to break it like it was made of paper! That's when Rainbow said she would handle him." They looked at Rainbow to see what she had to say.

"Well it went like this, I told Twilight that I would take care of him. He's just a colt after all. So I took off like a bullet and he came at me. I jumped to the side at the last second and grabbed his tail. Then"

"That's not what happened!" Twilight cut in "She few at him only for him to run forward and grab her. Then with her momentum he slammed her into the ground. He then ran off when we went to help Rainbow." Twilight finished as she looked at Rainbow. Rainbow however was looking at the ground trying to hide from the others.

That's when Fluttershy spoke up "And...um, Rainbow was hurt."

The princess took a step towards Fluttershy "What was that?"

"I" she started as she retreated into her main "I, I said she was hurt she had four cuts on either side of her chest." The princess turn towards Rainbow, as Rainbow stated that the others had fixed her up already.

"I see" The princess said "Well, his name is Saint Beast. He was raised by the matriarch of the red dragons. So if anything happens to him right now, we may be looking at war. So since you four scared my guest away I leave it to you four to bring him back" She then told them "I will wait for your return in Fluttershy's cabin." As the four left Celestia thought 'I am so glad I don't have to run around looking for him' with a smile on her face she entered the small cabin.

Saint Beast

'I must have ran for at least 20 minutes by now' he thought as he reached a water fall. Happily he thought as he gazed at the falls 'Looks like there's a cave behind the water.' He ran to the cave and looked inside 'Well this looks like a good place to stop.' He entered the cave and fallowed it back a short ways until he entered the only room inside.

As he entered fires came to life "Look at this, my lunch has found me" A good sized dragon slams to the ground from above. He was a young red dragon no more than a 1000 years, barley more than a kid in dragon terms, he was 8 feet tall with yellow spines and wings. As fast as lightning the entrance to the room was engulfed in flames as he laughed.

"Hi Vulcan, I haven't seen you since you watched over me." Saint said ecstatically. This stopped the drake and make him look at his pry closer. "What are you doing here? I thought you lived by a desert not in some woods."

This made Vulcan jump back and ask "Is that you brother?" And as Saint nodded his head. The flames died as Vulcan fell on his back laughing his ass off. "This is too much, mother told me to help you. She even told me you looked like a pony, But this is too good!"

"Mom sent you?"

After another 10 minutes of Vulcan's laughter he finally stopped to wipe a tear from he's eye. "Ya, mom sent me to see that you meet the princess and that you don't need to go home. Now tell me, what have you seen so far?" So Saint told him about the three mares and the fake princess. this made Vulcan burst out laughing again. "You thought a filly was the princess? You fool, the princess haves both horn and wings! As for the three mares I can tell you That you need to be nice to them, I have seen them with the princess a few times."

"How in blazes do you know all that!" asked a confused Saint.

"Did you forget after only 4 years that I am the dignitary to the pony kingdom? So it is only natural that I know such things, why else would mother send me? Also a bit of trivia for you, did you know that they have 9 mares for every stallion? Because of this stallions do not mate with only one mare, but instead they have what they call a herd. I wish dragons were like that." The last part was said with a tad bit of spite. "Anyway go find them and act submissive, their whole race revolves around that aspect. Knowing them, they will bring you right to the princess. Also her name is Celestia." With that said Saint walked out of the cave and started to try to find his way back.

Twilight, RD, Flutter, and Sweetie

The four had been walking on the side of a river for the past 5 minutes when Rainbow finally broke the silence "Twilight I thought you said you knew where you were going! We've been walking for like ever."

"Rainbow, we have only been walking for half an hour or so. Besides this is the easiest way to find the cave. Like Celestia said he was razed like a dragon right?" Rainbow nodded her head as Twilight kept talking "And dragons seek out caves right?" again she nodded "So we are going to the closest cave to see if he's there. That's our best chance of finding him." as she stopped talking a waterfall came into view. "See, were here."

The four ran into the cave hoping to find the colt, they came to a room in the cave, Twilights horn was the only light when the entrance burst aflame. The four huddled together as Vulcan dropped to the floor. He eye the four trapped ponies, he recognized the four instantly form the conversation with his little brother. An idea flashed in his mind as he shouted with all his might "Brother, come quickly" 'Alright now for some great acting' he thought to himself.

Saint Beast

Saint was merely walking when "Brother, come quickly" He turned around and flew as fast as he could. When he arrived, he saw the cave of fire. Without a second thought he few in and reached the inside room shortly after. He saw his brother knocking around the three mares.

Shocked Saint demands "Brother, what are you doing?"

His brother turns around and brings his face close to his brothers and yells "Spar with me brother, and give them a show. Remember mother forbids you form using your flames." He let the flames around the entrance die, as he swung a claw which Saint dodged.

Finally understanding Saint jumps at his brother, plowing him agent the wall.

The four trapped mares limped out of the cave as the fighting kept going.

"I see you learned the strength of the brown flight, but that is not enough to stop me!" Vulcan used his tail to rap around his younger sibling and smash him agent the wall. "Alright they are safe" Vulcan said as he tossed his brother at the far wall "Now get out as I bright this place down!" Vulcan then smashed his head agent the ceiling creating a chain reaction of falling rocks, he then grabbed his brother and snapped his wing. Saint let out a large cry of pain as his brother said "It's not that bad. Besides this way it looks more realistic, and mares love to help their hero. Your welcome." Saint dashed, as his newly broken wing brushed agent the floor, for the exit as his brother fallowed soon after. As Saint entered the outside, the cave fell in onto his brother, a noise could be heard from inside "Did it work?"

"You asshole, I'll kill you next time!" was the replay Vulcan heard back. Since it sounded like it worked Vulcan decided to take a nap before digging himself out.

Fluttershy was the first one to the colts side carefully trying to look at the damaged wing, but ever time she moved to look at it Saint would move away. 'Shit what do I do now' he thought until he remembered his brothers advise. 'Alright passive' Saint sat down and let the four ponies get close they were franticly talking to one another, still in a language he could not understand. So he kept thinking 'They will not try to harm me.'

"Is he alright" the small one asked.

Fluttershy answered "I, I'm afraid not he, he haves a lot of cuts and he broke a wing saving us."

"Let's get him back to Princess Celestia" replied Twilight as she made a bubble to keep the colt safe. The four ran, well limped as fast as they could, with Saint floating safely behind them.

Author's Note:

Alright that's number 2!

What do you think so far?