• Published 25th Sep 2013
  • 578 Views, 9 Comments

Curator of the Stars - Sepulcher



An ancient race Observes the species of 3QU15-1.

  • ...
0
 9
 578

Message #1 - From Curator Ω to Xi

Message - From Curator Ω to Xi

You, Xi, are to uphold the integrity, honour, and unwavering diligence to us as a whole. As a Curator, your entire life must be devoted to the Cataloguing and Observing of an endless amounts of species.

In your travels, you will come to witness things that are more beautiful than anything you will have ever Observed previously. You will find brilliance of previously unheard of levels. You will find understanding of things that most of us strive our entire lives to find. Perhaps you may even find a species capable of being our successors, a species that we may bestow our knowledge and technology to when we ourselves die out.

There is a price, however. Like everything else, there must be an equilibrium. For every beautiful thing that graces your eyes by its very presence, there is something else so terrible and grotesque that you will be forced to Cleanse. For every brilliant thing you discover, you will find equal amounts of dementia and ignorance. For every understanding, there will be something that you simply will not be able to answer.

So is the way of the Universe. Be warned: Once you accept the Title of Curator, you will leave your old life and name behind. It is a worthy and noble sacrifice, but not one that we will force upon you.

If you still wish to become a Curator, your Title shall be given to you immediately and your training will begin at once. If you decline this gracious offer, you may find another Title and Mission of your choosing.

-Curator Ω


Message Response - From Xi to Curator Ω

I accept your generous offer, Esteemed Curator Ω.

-Xi