• Published 1st Feb 2014
  • 903 Views, 11 Comments

No restraint - zombitomcat



With Ponyville finally getting it's own sheriff, everypony is excited to get to know their new lawpony. Yet Twilight has some reservation about this mysterious newcomer and his firey haired daughter.

  • ...
2
 11
 903

Princess meets the sheriff

Chapter 2: Princess meets the sheriff

The world was too bright, too loud and a jerk. Strom sat in the small train cabin nursing a headache. His sun glasses offering little relief from the offending light, and the train could fuck off with the sound.

"Hangover daddy?" A small unicorn sitting beside him asked. She got an irritated grunt in response. The red manned filly giggled and opened a book and turned the pages as loud she possibly could, which wasn't very loud but Storm Cloud still got the message. He made another annoyed grunt and drank greedily from a bottle of water. "How long until we get there?"

Strom stirred in his seat and looked out the window. "About an hour, hour-half." He closed his eyes.

"What's it like in Ponyville?" Cherry asked as she closed her book.

They grey winged Pegasus rubbed his temples. "You make a lot of noise." He laid an arm over the filly's shoulders and sighed. "Well the streets and paved with gold and the trees grow fruit the size of-" Cherry elbowed him. "Gah- I was shot there sweetie!"

Cherry responded flatly. "I know."

Storm laughed. "You're defiantly your mother's kid." he coughed a few times and cleared his throat. "It's a quite little farming town, the kind of place where everypony knows everypony."

The unicorn put her feet on the seat and leaned into her dad. "That'll be nice." She reopened her book and began reading.

Storm shifted again and closed his eyes. "Yeah it will be a place to escape in."


Twilight watched the tall Pegasus stallion with careful curiosity from a table in the corner of the town hall's main room. He was nice enough, but something was off. His eyes bugged her, something about the way he looked at everything. It was like he would scan everything and everypony, like it was habit.

"Like what you see?" A soft voice with a fading accent pulled her from her thoughts. An earth pony mare with a charcoal mane sat down next to her.

"What?" Twilight asked confused.

The mare smiled. "Twilight you were staring at that stallion for a good five minutes."

Twilight frowned and rolled her eyes prompting a laugh from the mare beside her.

"Hey Twilight," a second mare with an electric blue mane draped her arms over the dark manned mare "stop hitting on my Octi." It was Octavia's turn to roll her eyes. "So princess, done eyeing up the new guy?" The blue manned mare asked with an overconfident smile.

"No it's-" Twilight started.

"Oh you want some more time?" The third mare asked wryly.

"Vinyl, behave yourself." Octavia scolded the DJ. Vinyl laughed in response hugging the mare.

Twilight cleared her throat. "As I was saying, he just doesn't make sense." The princess' eyes narrowed as she watched Storm talking with Filthy Rich.

"Then make sense of him." Twilight turned to look at Vinyl. "You're a sciencey type pony right? Don't sciencey ponies do that?" Vinyl looked at Octavia for confirmation. Octavia gave an embarrassed smiled.

Twilight thought it over and agreed. Standing up she downed a cup of punch and walked over mentally preparing. She looked him over, examining him once more. He was tall for a Pegasus with broad shoulders. His grey wings were large perfect for sustained long distance flight unlike Rainbow Dash's much smaller wings good for quick aerial acrobatics. He had dark blue hair that was combed neatly and pulled into a pony tail, bright golden eyes, and dark skin. He wore a trench coat that was once white but had since changed colour, a button up shirt, dark pants, and cheep looking leather boots. He was a handsome stallion, but he didn't draw attention, he was just another face in the crowd. He seemed too normal, so ordinary it was strange. "Mr Cloud?" Twilight asked sweetly. The Pegasus turned away from his conversation to give his attention to Twilight.

"I'll leave you two alone." Filthy Rich said as he backed away politely. "Don't forget Storm, I expect to see you on the golf course."

Storm rolled his eyes. "Yeah I know." He took a deep breath. "Princess," he said with exhausted cheerfulness "what do you need?"

"We just need to discuss some things concerning your new role as sheriff."

"Can't that wait?" Storm said annoyed as he grabbed a small cup cake off a passing plate carried by a waitress.

"No it can't" Twilight started.

Storm bit into the small pastry. "Props to the cook," he took a quick look around "and to who ever put this together, they really went all out."

"That would be Pinkie Pie," Twilight informed him "But we reall-"

"She's the bouncy one right?" Storm interrupted.

Twilight blinked in shock. "Y-yeah, Storm I think we should start-"

Storm stopped her with by putting his finger to her lips much to Twilight's shock. "Look I just got off the train, and I'm a little hung over-"

It was Twilight's turn to interrupt. "You're hung over?"

"Yes, and I would appreciate it if you would not interrupt me." Storm waited a few seconds until Twilight nodded. "Thank you. Now as I was going to say before somepony interrupted me, I still need to move in. But if you're that busy, I'll be at the station later today around four, we can talk then."

"Fine, we'll talk then." Twilight said frustrated. “So much for science.” She muttered under her breath.

A unicorn who was close by stepped into the conversation. "Now now Twilight don't keep the guest of honour all too your-self." The elegant mare curtseyed slightly towards Storm. "Pleasure to meet you Sir, I'm Rarity."

"Pleasure's all mine Miss Rarity." Storm kissed one of Rarity's hands, prompting an exhausted sigh from Twilight and the attention of Spike.

The fashionista smiled. "Please, no need to be so formal my dear."

Storm smiled back, a pleasant warm smile. "Very well then Rarity."

"So tell me darling," Rarity asked, "What did you do before coming to our little hamlet?"

Twilight walks away irritated and slumped down onto a chair. Spike walks up, visibly upset. "Who does he think he is hitting on Rarity?!" The small dragon crossed his arms with anger.

"He's not flirting with her Spike." Pinkie told him. Twilight and Spike both jumped at the sudden appearance of the pink pony. "He is being a gentlestallion."

The two looked at her with confusion. "That looks like flirting to me." Twilight responds.

"Oh Twilight, you just don't have the same classical refinement as I." She finishes the sentence with a flourish of her hand and bounces off.

"I'm Royalty." Twilight said to no one in particular.


Twilight was getting angry. It was supposed to be a good day, but it was shaping out wrong. Rainbow Dash was "sick" probably curled up in bed. The sheriff was unprofessional, and probably worst of all, LATE! The princess sat in the sheriff’s new office and watched a clock mounted on the wall. She counted every second he was late, she would find some suitable punishment for every second he is late. He was at 234 punishments. 235. One strand of her mane suddenly popped out of place.

"Okay that's creepy." Storms low voice stopped her counting. 236. "I know for a fact hair can't do that." He smiled and chuckled.

"You're late." Twilight's eye began to twitch.

Storm was unfazed by the growing insanity he saw. "I'm a dad, we tend to be late."

"Fine." 230, he had a valid reason. She stood up and presented the chair to him. "This is your new office."

"Thank you." He passed the opposite side of the desk. "Nice desk." He felt the surface of the smooth oak. The sharp sound of metal against metal rang out followed by a loud thunk. A long silver knife sticking out of the desk vibrated slightly. "Now Sparkle, I believe you wanted to talk." He fell into his chair and put his feet onto the desk top.

Twilight's eyebrow twitched. "Call me Twilight."

"Shouldn't I call you princess?"

"I'd prefer that you didn't."

Storm laughed. "Ok then Sparkle, what did you want to talk about?"

"You."

"Oh goody, my favourite topic." Storm took his feet off his desk.

Twilight smiled not catching his sarcasm. "What did you do before this?"

"Let me stop you there," Storm put his hand up "my past is my past. Nothing against you but please understand, there are things I want to leave behind me. For my daughter's sake."

Twilight nodded. "Is there anything you can tell me? Honesty is the key to friendship."

"Honesty, I've never really been good at that." Storm sighed. "Okay Sparkle, I'll tell you this. I was a good pony that did bad things, the type of things that you don't talk about."

"What are you now?" Twilight asked carefully.

"A father trying to make up for his mistakes."

"I don't have a clue why Celestia picked you, but I trust her judgement." Twilight stood up and walked towards the door. "Welcome to Ponyville sheriff Storm Cloud."

"Thank you for giving me a chance." He watched Twilight leave before leaning back in his chair. "Don't betray my trust."


Storm Cloud fell onto the new tan leather couch in his living room sighing loudly. "What's up Shadow Wing?" A shaggy head of rainbow hair hung over him wearing a cocky grin.

"Light Spectrum, what's it been ten, twelve years?" Storm laughed.

"Ten." Rainbow dash hopped over the back of the couch and landed beside him. "You got old."

"With age comes experience, and besides I'm only three years older than you." Strom put his arm around her. "Good to see you Dash."

"It's good to see you too Hurricane." She reached under the couch and pulled out a large bottle filled with a brown liquid. "I got you a present."

Storm grabbed it. "Cheep whiskey, classy. Oh and the name is Storm now, officially Hurricane Blaze was shot two days ago in a shoot out with the police."

"Good to know." Rainbow opened the bottle and took a swig. "To Hurricane, he was a good stallion."

She passed the bottle to Storm who shrugged. "I always thought he was bit of a dick." Rainbow laughed.

The next morning they were both certain that Celestia had a personal vendetta against them.

Author's Note:

Hey what's up! Yeah I'm still kicking I know it's been a long time. Not my best work but it gets the plot where I need it to be. Hope you enjoyed