• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 1,178 Views, 17 Comments

ApplePie Prompt Tag Group Collab! - Starswirls Beard



A collection of 100-500 word mini-fics about Applejack and Pinkie Pie, written by the many talented members of the ApplePie Group!

  • ...
1
 17
 1,178

Pets (Starswirls Beard)

I knew I had to have her from the first moment I saw her. We were in town, and she was standing there at the apple cart. She was helping close down shop when someone called her name and she turned, the light hitting her just so. Her coat glistened with sweat from a day of hard work and her muscles rippled as she moved. She looked like a goddess, one I’d happily spend the rest of my life worshipping. Someone like her should be celebrated in the streets, although she’s far too modest to want such a thing for herself.

Sometimes I think I should just get it over with and tell her how I feel. Could you imagine the look on her face? She’d probably run away in disgust or laugh off my advances. She and I are too different you see. She’s so full of love and life, and I am a mere shadow of what could possibly interest her. Maybe someday we’ll be sitting in the park, when we’re both old and gray, and I’ll casually mention how I cared for her. By then not only would it not matter, but she’d laugh at the very idea of such a thing and brush it off. She’ll go back to her loving family and friends and I’ll go back whatever it is I’d do to occupy my time.

There she is...that vision of loveliness. The only star in my sky, the only one for me. If only I could tell her how I feel. If only I could make her see me!

Winona bounded up the path to Pinkie and Applejack’s usual meeting spot. Panting and wagging her tail with joy she ran up to Gummy and tackled him, licking the toothless gator enthusiastically.

“Y'know Applejack, Gummy has been as pleased as toothless alligator punch that we’ve included him and Winona on our dates to the park. Do you think maybe we could add another day for just the two of them?”

AJ smiled and glanced over at the two pets frolicking in the cool grass. “If it means seeing you more, I’m all for it sugarcube.”

On his back with his tail being chewed playfully, Gummy could think of nothing better.