• Published 2nd Mar 2012
  • 1,888 Views, 21 Comments

Elements Of Discord - Riften



The different storys behind the 6 holders of the elements of Discord

  • ...
4
 21
 1,888

The Element Of Deception Pt. 1



" And we're back mares and gentlecolts to Equestrian poker tourney. Were over our commercial break the newcomer Diamond Back pulled out on top of yet another hoof!"

"That's right Tom! We've definitely got somepony special here, Ive been in this business for 10 years and I've never seen anypony play like he does! Ever draw of the cards seem to be in HIS favor!" Lets see if we can get a closer look at the game." The announcers voices fade out as the camera pans over to the table. The frame settles on three ponys, a rather nervous looking stallion, a mare practically swimming in perspiration, and at the end of the table a deep orange pony smiling leaning back in his chair. The orange stallion sits up and pushes his massive pile of winnings into the center without saying a word, he returned to his previous position leaning back in his chair with his hat covering his face. The nervous stallion flings his hooves in the air screaming. "Dammit all! Fold! " he slams his face into the table trying to cover his shame. The mare glances left and then right shaking in her chair. " Uh-uh- f-fold." She falls back onto her haunches covering her face with her hooves. The orange pony leans forward placing his cards on the table. " Two pair." The entire audience gasped. Whispers flowed through the crowd "He was bluffing!?" "What the hell just happened?" "That's like his third pair of twos...." The camera panned forward settling on the orange stallion. The announcers mic boomed. " And there we have it ponys! The newcomer Diamond Back just won the final hoof of the Equestrian Poker Tourney. After counting all his winnings Diamond will be walking away with over 400,000 Bits! Thats more than most ponys make in a lifetime!"

"Well thats what he deserves for being the best Bob!" The announcers continued to speak for a few more minutes but eventually their voices died out as everyponys attention turned back toward the table as a conversation between the two gambling stallions. " I don't know how the hell you do what you do. But MAN ive never seen anypony with poker face like yours. Hehe I fell for every single face you made." The orange stallion bowed and tipped his hat and spoke up. " The pleasure was mine mate, after all, Its my talent." He hinted toward his back revealing his cutie mark. A silver forked tongue. " Well I'll be damned...." The stallions eyes widened. " Yea quite the beute aint it?" The two shook hooves and began walking off. But not before Diamond had a little fun. " Hey, whats your name mate?" The stallion looked up for a moment. " Oh uh Aces High." A smirk grew on Diamonds face. " Wait, Aces High? I met a stallion earlier sayin HE was Aces High. Went 'round claiming to be the best, how nopony had a chance in beatin'em." The stallion contorted in confusion. " What the hell are you talking about? I got here late? I had literally no time to prepare. Mind telling me what this pony looks like?" His face started to fill with anger. Diamond just smiled. " Actually, see that yellow stallion, that one right over there." He lifted his hoof pointing to the nearest yellow pony he could find. " Oh its on, oh and thanks. Now if you excuse me I got somepony to go bust." Diamond tipped his hat as Aces walked off. Diamond started chuckling to himself and slowly grew louder as his "friend" got out of earshot. " Ahhahahahaha, oh Sweet Celestia thats good stuff." He watched as Aces approached the random yellow stallion. "Hey! Buddy! You know who I am?!" The two started yelling at eachother for a few minutes before finally Aces threw a punch knocking the poor unfortunate pony off his hooves. Diamond just sat back and laughed at all the trouble he had caused. " Ahahahahahaha, Oh look here comes the security. Hahahaha. Oh I swear this is get'en way to easy for old Diamond." He continued laughing as he trotted off to the exit doors with massive bags of bits slung across his back.

He had just moved a few feet out the door when it burst open revealing a VERY angry pony. " Where is that lying son-of-a-bitch." Aces stood by the door as a few of the security guards stood by him. "Oh...this is not good." Adrenaline started flowing through his veins (Open in new tab)
One of the security guards saw Diamond as he was trying to sneak off. " HEY YOU! STOP!" Diamonds ears perked up. "Oh crap." At that moment everypony broke into a full sprint. Diamond was running through crowds of ponys in front of him not slowing down for a second. "SOMEONE STOP THAT PONY!" He kept running bobbing and weaving in between what must of been half of Equestria itself. He was jumping off of stalls set up, sliding under Diamond had reached the end of the crowd, but directly in front of him stood a very familiar sign. " TONIGHT ONLY, EQUESTRIAN POKER CHAMPIONSHIP." His face dropped to a flat look. " You've got'a kiddin me."