• Published 23rd Dec 2013
  • 266 Views, 0 Comments

Learn to Love - N1Chris



A 2,000 year old commander has never had friends since his wife died. Celestia decides it's time to make new ones when the changelings attack the Crystal Empire!

  • ...
 0
 266

Just FYI

“Hmph,” grunted Sky Warrior as he was on his way to the Crystal Empire with nothing but one armor suit which was already on him, his sword, and the 50 soldiers for him to command, “This is complete bullshit.”


Two scouts were ahead keeping an eye out to find the Crystal Empire when they spotted something gleaming brightly, as to even match the sun in such brightness. “Hey, sir,” they shouted, “I think we found it!”


“Oh, great,” he says sarcastically though no one seemed to notice, “prepare to land!”


The squadron landed beneath the Crystal Castle where they were to await further orders from the ones ruling the Empire. Sky Warrior, still not pleased with it but still loyal to the Princess to even death, stands at attention with the squadron with the Heart glowing brightly in pulses behind them.


A voice from above them can be heard, “A-are you there, soldiers of the Princess? If you aren’t, then please be on your way.”

Sky Warrior steps forth and says with a loud voice as to be recognized as the Royal Canterlot Voice, “We, the soldiers of the Princess, are here. Come forth, ruler of the Crystal Empire.”


A pink Alicorn carrying none other than Shining Armor appears in complete armor with the symbol resembling the Crystal Heart on the front with Shining Armor seeming to be in much of the same.


“You must be Commander Sky Warrior,” the Alicorn states, “Shining Armor has told me all about you.”


“Not everything,” responds Sky Warrior slowly, “but we were instructed to await further orders here. Can you please tell me what those are?”


The Alicorn then starts, “Well first off, you may call me Cadence, and you’ve already met Shining Armor. And here’s….now…ugh…where’d she go this time? Anyways, you’ll meet her later on, but your orders are to follow me to get you the feel of the Empire such as where everything is and where our borders are especially where those mean changelings are.”


“Well then, let’s get a move on, then. I need to get a patrol up soon so that we don’t get the changelings in here under our noses,” responds Sky Warrior upon hearing that they’re going on a tour of the ENTIRE Crystal Empire.


"I don't think that's necessary," responded Cadence while she chuckles lightheartedly, "Shining Armor had all the soldiers out on the borders as soon as we got the warning from the scout early about three days ago."


Looking at her as if he had just heard the dumbest thing in the world, he asks softly, "How many soldiers would that be?"


"We have about 500 out, and that's all the soldiers we have and will ever need against the 50,000 changelings headed our way," replies Cadence with a smile on her face.


"Now I KNOW this is a mad city doomed to hell," thought Sky Warrior.


Cadence then leads Sky Warrior and the 50 soldiers through the whole of the Crystal Empire, showing them the sights and interesting architecture that they didn't even seem interested about. Some of the soldiers asked some questions to make things interesting, but other than that, everyone was pretty much silent. Sky Warrior seemed to ignore what the Princess was saying and was rather looking at the sky and where he could put his soldiers.


"The delta squadron can go there," he thought, "and the Epsil-DAMN IT! I just don't have enough soldiers! This fucking city is doomed because the Princess has to be such a greedy ass when it comes to soldiers"


"Anything the matter, Commander," asked the pink Alicorn in front of him, noticing his constant grimaces.


"No, nothing, other than I'm unable to protect the Crystal Empire with the amount of soldiers I have," replies Sky Warrior indignantly.

Laughing almost hysterically, Cadence replies, "I don't think even 50 is needed. Tia must honestly underestimate the power of the Crystal Empire."

Reluctantly and downheartedly, Sky Warrior continues to follow the princess throughout the entire Crystal Empire until the return back to the castle.


"The only thing I have left to say is sleeping and resident arrangements," Cadence announces loudly, "Sky Warrior, all your men will make camp right over there where we set up the tents for the Crystal Fair, while you..." trails off when someone whispers something in her ear something of quite importance, "I'll be a moment," and then turns to converse with the person.


"What a load of fucking bullshit this day has been,"thinks Sky Warrior while he waits but then turns his attention to something resembling a pegasus blocking the sun and moving quite fast towards him, "well, if that's one of my soldiers, they are fucking court martialed."


The thing flying extremely fast towards him crashes and completely tackles him. He looks up while still on the ground to find a blue Crystal pony pegasus jumping up and down in front of him and continuously says, "hi, hi, hi, hi, hi!" Sky Warrior confused as to why this happens taps on Cadence's sholder and points to the pony that just crashed into him.


"Oh! There she is! That's Perrie," Cadence states while seeing her, "she agreed to take you in as a guest at her house. I certainly agreed to do so."


"WHAT?!" exclaims Sky Warrior when he heard this, "DON'T I GET ANY FUCKING SAY AS TO WHAT I CAN AND CAN'T HAVE?!"

Cadence, understanding his frustration, replies with, "Come on. You're an officer, and officers need to be housed in luxury. Plus, Perrie's nice, and she's one of the very few ponies to have a vacant room inside her home. She seems like the pony who could use the company."


"You got to honestly be fucking kidding me," replies Sky Warrior while Perrie comes next to him and jumps up and down in front of him while smiling quite largely who says, "This is gonna be fun! Can't wait to have a roommate!"

"This is honestly gonna be fucking hell..."