• Published 29th Feb 2012
  • 638 Views, 8 Comments

Hanging by a Thread - DarkLightning'sSting



What would you do if everything you know was hanging by a thread?

  • ...
3
 8
 638

MLP: Hanging by a Thread Chapter 1

The sun rose over Equestria, like it always did, every morning. Rainbow Dash frowned as it shone right in her eye. She squinted against it before flying down to Ponyville. She smiled as she noticed that everyone was awake, and walking around the town, doing their daily business. She smiled and looked up into the sky, making sure the clouds were in check for the day.

"DASHIE!!!"

Rainbow knew the voice well, but she still couldn't move in time to avoid Pinkie ramming into her from behind. She still managed to hold her ground, only moving a few inches.

"Morning Pinkie."

"Guess what happens today?"

"I don't know Pinkie, what happens today?"

Pinkie grinned. "NO IDEA!!!"

Rainbow chuckled. "Of course you don't. Why don't you go over to the library? Say hi to Twilight? Go see your girlfriend?"

Pinkie smiled. "Already did! Fluttershy is sleeping in, she's still tired." Rainbow looked at her. "Go see Twilight then."

"OK!"

Rainbow sighed in relief as she cantered off, leaping up every second step. "Mornin Rainbow Dash." She turned at the voice and saw two ponies come up behind her. On the left was Dark Wing, a purple Pegasus with black hair, with green highlights.

On the other side was Red Lightning, also known as Light. The sunlight seemed to glare off the red highlights in her black hair, which contrasted to her dark green skin. She was a unicorn. The two of them wore their standard gear, which was a jacket with multiple pockets.

"Morning Dark, Light. Going on duty?"

Light smiled and looked at her through her glasses. "Yeah. You'd think guarding Ponyville would be interesting, but it's not. It's so interesting; I had to borrow one of Twilight's books, because I have so little time to read it."

Dark laughed. "She's lucky; I don't know how I'll be wasting my time today." Rainbow smiled. "If you guys want, I'll stop by."

"Sure, if you can manage it."

"C'mon Dark, we should have been to on duty twenty minutes ago." Dark nodded and the two of them walked away to the outskirts of the town. Rainbow smiled. "Now, what to do today???"

"Rainbow Dash!"

Rainbow moaned. "Looks like everything will be decided for me today, great." She muttered as Spike came running up to her. He gasped in exasperation at her. "What's up Spike?"

"Twilight said she wanted to see you, said she wanted to talk about what you guys talked about earlier."

Rainbow Dash smiled. "I'll go meet with her now then."