• Published 18th Sep 2013
  • 1,354 Views, 19 Comments

Equus Magi Twilight Magica - Dragonfire2lm



Twilight Sparkle makes new friends and discovers the world of Magical Filles and Night Mares. Puella Magi Madoka Magica/MLP FiM Crossover

  • ...
3
 19
 1,354

Something Wicked This Way Comes

Twilight walked into the kitchen that morning and turned the radio on to the news station while she preapared breakfast, she paused when an emergency news announcement came on.

"The Town Guard found well-known businesscolt, Filthy Rich, dead in his home last night after a concerned neighbour reported not seeing the stallion leave his Ponyville home for several days. His 10-year-old daughter, Diamond Tiara has also been reported missing by the local school teacher. If anypony has any information, please contact the Town Guard Immediately.

In other news, a local Sydneigh mare by the name of Dreamer Prose has announced her intention to travel to Canterlot and the surrounding towns for book signings. Dreamer Prose is the writer of many award-winning short stories and fairy-tales and the young author has stated, she owes her success to her "over-active imagination". Fans eagerly await her arrival in the coming weeks...".

"It's shocking that something so terrible could happen in a small town like this..." Twilight said and went back to her breakfast.

***

Twilight trotted down the dirt path, past trees and well-kept flowerbeds near the outskirts of town, in her magic was a piece of paper with directions to the animal shelter. Strapped to the unicorn's back was a pair of saddlebags bulging slightly with thick tomes.

She smiled as she turned a corner a spotted a cottage created from a tree with a beautiful garden, complete with a pond at the front and a few trees for birds to perch on. Animals of all kinds could be seen going about their business, some of them even crowded around the familiar butter-yellow pegasus as she sat in the sun, reading a book.

"Good morning Fluttershy!" Twilight called out, and winced as the animals scatterred in fear.

Fluttershy looked up from her book and smiled.

"Good morning Twilight, you're a bit early though".

"Oh, that's not a problem is it?"

"Not at all, why don't you head on inside and we'll get started," Fluttershy replied kindly.

When Twilight walked through the front door, a carrot smacked her in the face. The shocked unicorn looked down to see an irritated white rabbit glaring at her.

"Angel Bunny!" Fluttershy scolded as soon as she walked in. "That is not how we treat guests! I'm so sorry, I just don't know what gets into him sometimes...."

"I'm ok, it's not like he hurt me or anything," Twilight replied.

"I know, it's just he can a hoofful at times"

"I can imagine," Twilight said with a laugh. "So I brought some books with me, we can take a look at them now if you want...".

"Sure, I just need to go and check on the chickens one last time. Elizabeak has a habit of escaping when I'm not looking," Fluttershy replied and headed out the door.

Twilight placed her saddlebags on the nearby table and took a proper look at the room, there was a green sofa by the window, a few shelves with photos and books on a the adjacent wall, a fireplace and an archway leading to the kitchen, as well a staircase to the upper level.

As she pulled her books out with magic, something white moved in the corner of her eye. Twilight turned around to see nothing but empty air, shrugged and went back to her books, now in the process of sorting them into the right categories. It wasn't long before Fluttershy returned.

"Twilight, I'm so sorry to trouble you, but Elizabeak escaped again, could you help me find her? I just hope she didn't wander into the Everfree Forest..." the pegasus asked.

"Don't worry Fluttershy, I'd be happy to help, so where do you want me to start?"

"Could you check the backyard for me? I'll fly around near the Everfree border and see if I can't spot her," Fluttershy replied.

***

"Here chicken, chicken, chicken...Ugh this going nowhere," Twilight sighed as she walked past the chicken coop for the third time, there was no sign of the escaped hen anywhere in Fluttershy's large backyard.

A rustle in the bushes caught her attention, a chicken's head popped up, clucked once and vainshed.

"Elizabeak!" Twilight called out and ran after the bird. she caught sight of it as it ran towards the forest, wings flapping.

"Wait!" she yelled and bolted after it.

Further the unicorn ran into the Everfree, folllowing glimpses of a white wing or a chicken's foot as it disappeared from view once more. It was only when she tripped over an exposed root that Twilight took notice of how the trees towered over her and blocked the sunlight, how it appeared that eyes were staring at her from every nook and cranny in the dense undergrowth.

Something white moved in the corner of her eye and Twilight whirled around, expecting it to be the sought-after hen. What she found was a white foal with a pink mane and tail that flowed behind her on an invisible breeze. Her eyes were purple and Twilight was surpised when she saw not only a unicorn's horn, but a pair of pegasi wings folded neatly on the filly's back.

Without a word the young pony ran into the brush.

"Twilight? What are you doing here?!" a voice called out in surprise and Twilight looked up to see Rainbow Dash hovering nearby.

"Rainbow! Am I glad to see you, I was chasing after one Fluttershy's chickens, did you see where it went?"

"No, all I saw was you running in here, don't you know how dangerous the Everfree Forest is? There's all kinds of monsters and stuff in here!" Rainbow explained.

"I'm sorry..."

"No sweat, we'll just find that chicken and high-tail it out of here before you can say Sonic Rainboom!" the prismatic pegasus declared.

A voice drifted to them from the darkness, it almost sounded like a young filly.

"knalf knalb!".

The two ponies screamed as a wall of twisted, mutilated colours engulfed them.

***

"What happened?" Rainbow asked. "Where are we?".

They were in some strange new dimension: a fushion of an upper class home, a fancy manor and a palace. Expensive pieces of furniture dotted the landscape or stood at odd angles. Photos of a stallion, his wife and a pink filly hung in the air, along with more pictures of the fillie's mother and another young pony, a grey coated filly with a lighter grey mane in a single braid, wearing pink glasses and a blue pearl necklace.

Gold bits and gems of all colours hung suspened in the air, as if frozen in time. The floor beneath their hooves was a mash-up of fine wooden flooring, marble tiles and elegant red carpet.

A strange mix of laughter and screams filled the air as giant silver spoons flooded in from behind furniture and began to circle the two ponies.

"What is all this?" Twilight fearfully asked.

"Where's the exit?" Rainbow shouted in panic.

One spoon, larger than the rest, with a pair of fancy pink glasses on its 'face' and a necklace of blue pearls around the handle approached them, its comrades giggling. The two frightened ponies huddled together and expected the worst.

Before either of them could react, golden coloured apples flew through the air and exploded upon impact with the spoons, the leader shrieking and jumping back.

"Are you two ok?" A voice with a southern drawl asked and the pair opened their eyes to see Applejack standing in front of them. She was wearing a white collared shirt and an orange checkered skirt a shade lighter than her coat. Her mane was tied in a pair of braids, her tail was also braided. Brown work boots were on her back hooves and three red gems in the shape of apples adorned her flank.

Her stetson was white with a gold ring of material around the middle, pinned in the middle of that was an orange gem in the shape of an apple. A pair of black saddlebags were at her sides, with some rope coiled up and attached to the straps.

"What's going on?" Twilight asked. "What are those things".

"They're called familiars, servents of a Night Mare" the farm pony explained and leapt up, grabbed the rope in her mouth and used it like a whip against the approaching horde of aniamted silverware. With a crack akin to thunder, it slammed into a group of spoons, shattering them to pieces.

"What's a night mare?" Rainbow asked.

Applejack landed on all four hooves, reached into her bag and pulled out a series of small, apple-themed grenades that she hurled at the remaining familiars, they exploded on contact, leaving the leader behind. Lastly, the jewel on her hat glowed and an axe appeared in her mouth. The farm pony reared up on her hind legs, threw her head back and launched the axe as hard as she could could, it spun through the air and embedded itself in the 'head' of the lead spoon, the area around the wound cracked until the creature shattered into miniscule peices.

Upon its demise, an ear-piercing scream filled the room.

"Well Rainbow, you're about to meet your first night mare," Applejack stated.

The scenry shifted around them, colours and objects changed to a blur.

"What's happenning?" Twilight asked.

"Well I just destroyed the lead familiar," Applejack explained. "An' the night mare ain't too happy about that, so she's bringing us to her".

The trio soon found themselves in a room that looked like a mix between a doll's house and a throne room, the walls had red paint that chipped in some places, the floor was dark brown wood and a light shone down into the centre of the room, revealing a small filly's tea party in front of a golden throne.

Twilight fought back the urge to scream when she laid eyes on the thing that sat on the throne. It vaguely resembled a pink unicorn pony with large blue doe-eyes, too big for its head, white wings too small for its body, it's legs were long and gangly with golden shoes a size too big on each hoof. It's two-toned purple and white mane was in a clumsily made bun, while a comically large blue bow was tied to the base of its long tail. Perched on its head was a purple tiara, and a black one identical to it was on the creature's flank. The image seemed to pulsate and shift to different shades of black and grey.

"That is a night mare," Applejack said solemnly.

A banner floated over the throne, it read, Introducing: Pwetty Pony Pwincess.

"Pmur! pmul-ragus, pumb! Pumb!" cackled Pwetty Pony Pwincess.

"Now ya'll stay back, ya hear? This is dangerous stuff" Applejack said, the gem on her hat glowed again and an orange force field covered the other two ponies.

"Applejack!" Twilight and Rainbow yelled as the orange pony leapt into the fray.

Pwetty Pony Pwincess yelled in anger as Applejack attacked it with her rope, whipping it's hooves and chest, then back-peddled as the monstrosity's hoof almost crushed her. The mockery of a pony raised its head and its horn glowed as it summoned immpossibly large diamonds to fly through the air at the pony attacking it.

One of the jewels slammed into Applejack's side, which sent her sliding across the room. With a grunt, she pulled herself to her hooves and whipped out a golden apple from her bag and hurled it at the night mare. It exploded into a gold net that trapped the creature.

While it struggled with its bonds, Applejack pulled out more grenades and threw them at Pwetty Pony Pwincess, the explosion that followed, sent it slamming into the wall behind it, its gold throne nothing but a twisted lump of metal.

Enraged, Pwetty brought forth a blizzard of bits from her small wings, the force sent Applejack skidding backwards and slamming into the barrier that protected Twilight and Rainbow. A house sized diamond materialised over the group and as it began to fall, a pink ball of rose petals slammed into it and broke the gem into much smaller pieces that rained harmlesly down onto the group.

"About time ya got here, with these two tagging along, I can't exactly go all out," Applejack as she got up and turned to face the new comer.

Both Twilight and Rainbow felt their jaws drop in shock as they spotted the familiar yellow pegasus, her wings outstretched and glowing slightly.

"F-Fluttershy?" Rainbow said.

Fluttershy was wearing a long-sleeved white shirt and pink ballerina-style shoes on each hoof. Her mane was pulled back by a green headband decorated with three pink butterflies on each side and on her flank was a pink jewel in the shape of a butterfly. She also wore a simple light green short skirt.

"Oh my, I didn't mean to be late Applejack..." the yellow peagsus replied.

"Now, don't you worry none sugarcube, just help me clean this mess up," the farm pony replied and summoned her axe.

Fluttershy nodded and the gem on her flank glowed, a glowing pink bow appeared and she held it in her wings, using her primary feathers the same way as fingers, she drew the bow string back, which resulted in an arrow made of pink light to appear.

At the time, the two ponies launched their attacks, striking the night mare in the chest. There was a scream as the creature spasmed and thrashed in agony, before it burst into a cloud of black energy, leaving nothing behind but a small, black seed with a purple tiara engraved on it.

The strange dimension warped and twisted for a second, then vanished, leaving the four ponies in the Everfree Forest. The force field around Twilight and Rainbow diappeared as Applejack walked over to where the night mare once was, picked up the seed and placed it into her saddlebags.

"What the buck just happened?" Rainbow asked.

***

The group returned to Fluttershy's lounge room and the yellow pony had wasted no time in making sure her guests had a hot cup of tea before sitting beside Applejack as they prepared to answer any and all questions their friends had.

"So what is going on exactly?" Twilight asked. "The two of you can use magic I've never even seen! And what about that...that place we were in? What was it? And those creatures-".

"Hold your horses Twi', I'm gettin' to that," Applejack answered and removed her stetson. "You see this gem here on my hat? This is the source of my magic, the gem on Fluttershy's flank is the source of her's,"

"You see, Applejack and I are 'Magical Fillies' and we each made a wish and in return, our job is to fight those creatures you saw earlier," Fluttershy added calmly.

"Wait a minute, you made a wish and then you get all that cool magic?" Rainbow asked.

"Um...yes...."

"Ok..then what are those creatures, you mentioned something called a 'night mare'?" Twilight asked.

"Well, if Magical Fillies are made from wishes, then Ah reckon Night Mares are made from curses," Applejack replied.

"What? But there's no such thing as curses!" Twilight protested.

"Do you want me to explain or not?" Applejack said sternly. "You see them night mares are monsters, they go around cursin' ponies. You heard about that murder on the radio this morning right? That night mare you just saw was responsible, most likely killed that stallion's poor filly and used her body to manifest itself or somethin'. The job of a Magical Filly is to kill Night Mares and gather these," the farm pony continued and pulled out the strange seed Pwetty had dropped upon her defeat.

Applejack sighed, her body glowed and she returned to normal. Her clothes vanished, her mane and tail changed back to its normal braid and her stetson returned to normal, along with the gem pinned to it.

"This gem is called a soul gem, in order to get one and become a magical filly, you have to make a contract with a messenger of miracles," Applejack explained and pointed to the gem on her hat. "In exchange for granting one wish, the pony must fight night mares,"

"When a night mare is defeated, they sometimes drop a seed like the one Applejack has, they're called grief seeds and are needed to replenish our magic, because when a magical filly uses their magic, their soul gem becomes tainted and the grief seed is used to remove the taint," Fluttershy elaborated and motioned to her gem, which had darkened in colour slightly, as had Applejack's, though to a greater extent.

Twilight and Rainbow watched as Applejack moved the grief seed closer to her soul gem, black mist floated from the gem into the seed and the gem instantly returned to its proper colour and brightness.

"You mustn't let a seed gather too much taint though, or it could hatch into a night mare," Fluttershy explained as Applejack passed the seed over to her to clean her Soul Gem.

"This is just...Awesome!" Rainbow declared. "Sign me up!"

In a flash of light the white filly Twilight saw earlier appeared next to Fluttershy.

"If you want to become a Magical Filly," the pony said. "Just make a contract with me."

Night Mare Bio

Pwetty Pony Pwincess

A 'Holier-than-thou' Night Mare with an arrogant nature that lures unsuspecting ponies into her maze and forces them to admire her, all who try to run or scream at her disproportioned form are beheaded. This Night Mare will do anything to be the centre of attention, even using a pile of bits to lure greedy ponies into her lair.

Her maze resmebles a posh manor: family photos, awards and large piles of money dot the landscape.

Her familiars are giant spoons made of the finest silver that will do anything the night mare commands, the leader of these wears blue stylish glasses and a blue pearl necklace around its handle. It is said damaging this particular familiar will send the night mare into a rage.

Author's Note:

Thank you TimeLord_Whooves for helping me edit.

Ah Dreamer Prose, if only I could share in your success...oh wait you're my ponysona...eh I guess I can dream right?

Originally I was going to wait a few chapters before diving into the magical filly stuff, but really I just couldn't see it dragging for so long, so I just went 'stuff it' and just dumped this chapter on you guys.

I really want to draw a pic of each Night Mare to put in the story, but I can't draw...

Pwetty Pony Pwincess was a last minute addition, originally Screwball was going to be in her place, but then idea for her maze came about and I just couldn't resist, the idea behind this Night Mare was Diamond Tiara's snoobish attitude and the fact that she wears a tiara, also a poorly conceived pun on 'character X becomes an Alicorn', the idea of pony princesses in general and a toy line that is nothing but 'pretty pony princesses' similar to the My Little pony franchise I think it was called filly princesses or something....

Cutie marks in this universe act as either a decoration for a magical fillie's battle form (like Applejack's) or are the girl's Soul Gem (Like Fluttershy's). A night mare's Cutie Mark acts as their grief seed and a symbol of the kind of night mare they are, the main difference between a night amre's mark and magical filiies mark is that a night mare's mark is always black and gives off black energy.

Please point out any typos, I've gone over this chapter a few times and I think I got them all.

I drew the pic myself!