• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 1,779 Views, 40 Comments

Three Kings - MorseCode



Three brothers find themselves magically transported to Equestria.

  • ...
11
 40
 1,779

Arrival

It is a beautiful morning in midsummer. It is arguably one the most gorgeous mornings Equestria has ever seen. Twilight Sparkle trots down the road on her way to the outskirts of Ponyville with her baby dragon Spike to meet her friends for a picnic. They had planned this picnic weeks prior and Twilight had been well anticipating it for some time.

"It's a wonderful morning isn't it Spike?" Twilight asked the adolescent dragon, who was currently half asleep on her back while taking a deep inhale enjoying the scent of the mid-morning. The only response she received was a discontented grunt and a small murmur of a complaint from her purple and green companion. After being made a princess and taking time to adjust to her new role, she hadn't seen her other friends much, and she missed them dearly. Thinking about it simply got her more excited to see them again, as she found herself walking much faster now.

------------------------

Twilight made her way out of town and toward a clearing in the field. After walking a short distance, Twilight could make out the familiar sounds of her friends voices and, not long after, was able to clearly see all five of her friends sitting on a large checkered blanket. Spike opened his eyes and stepped off of the purple unicorns back as she smiled and walked forward to greet her friends.

"Mornin', Twi." said the orange cowpony, Applejack. "Glad you made it. This really will be a good time now won't it?"

"Good morning, darling." the alabaster unicorn, Rarity, spoke second. "it truly is a pleasure to see you again. Good to see you as well my little Spikey-Wickey."

"Uh-uh. Hey, Rarity." Spike spoke, slightly embarrassed by Rarity's nickname for him.

"Hello, Twilight." came a timid voice belonging to Fluttershy.

"OHMYGOSHTWILIGHTIT"SSOSUPERTOSEEYOUAGAIN." the hyperactive pink mare, Pinkie Pie, said all in one breath. She took a deep breath and spoke again. "This is so great don't you think?"

"Hey, Pinkie," Twilight responded with a smile. "It definitely is. I've been looking forward to it."
Suddenly a rainbow blur sped up toward Twilight.

"Heya, Twilight" the blur, Rainbow Dash, spoke last. "So if everyone's here can we start eating?" Rainbow asked as a low grumble came from her stomach, which caused the five other mares to laugh.

"Sure, Dash. I don't see why not." Twilight said as she sat on the large blanket. "So how has everyone been?"

------------------------

The six mares spent the next half hour reminiscing, telling tales of recent happenings in their lives and enjoying each others company while eating. It seemed as though it was going to be a truly perfect day, surely nothing strange or terrible would happen. That was how it seemed at least until a large crash is heard not far off in the distance from where the six mares were currently enjoying their picnic. The noise startled the six mares and cause Fluttershy to let out a soft 'eep' and attempt to hide beneath the blanket.

"What in Equestria was that?" Applejack said to her friends.

"I have no idea." Twilight quickly responded. "We should investigate." Four of the five other mares nodded in response, Fluttershy simply squeaked and continued hiding until Rainbow Dash grabbed her by the tail and began to drag her off in the direction of the noise.

"Come on Fluttershy, what if some animal is hurt," Rainbow said to her timid friend. Upon hearing this Fluttershy's attitude completely changed, and she immediately turned around and began to run in fear that some poor, defenseless animal may have been endangered. She immediately stopped as she reached the site of the noise, for the sight, was one that none of the six mares were prepared to see. There before them in a pile of ashes, blood and metal were three strange, furless creatures with strange appendages, that looked like hairless monkies. They each had on tattered, and in some places burned, clothing and appeared to be severely injured.

Gary found himself slipping in and out of consciousness. Every time he opened his eyes his vision is assaulted by bright colors he noticed a blur of purple, yellow, cyan, orange, pink and white. He groaned and attempted to reach toward the blur of colors but found he couldn't move his arm. With a grunt of pain, Gary slipped back into the peace of unconsciousness.

Twilight, Fluttershy, Rainbow, Applejack, Pinkie, and Rarity stood still and silent for several minutes shocked at the sight before them. Finally, Fluttershy spoke up.

"We need to help them," Fluttershy spoke rather determinedly. "They look badly injured. We need to take them to the hospital."

"Fluttershy is right. We can't sit idly by. Without helping these... these whatever they are. They may die." Rarity confirmed. "Oh of all the things that could have happened this is certainly THE. WORST. POSSIBLE. THING!"

"Are you sure?" Twilight questioned. "We don't know who or what they are. They may be dangerous."

"I don't know sugar cube. I don't think they'd be able to do much like that." Applejack said pointing at the strange creatures. "And what else would we do? Leave 'em? That just ain't right."

"I guess you're right.'" Twilight sighed feeling a bit guilty. "Stand close and I'll teleport us and them to the hospital." The five other mares nodded and huddled close near the three creatures. In a bright burst of magic Twilight teleported all nine of them to the Ponyville hospital. Upon arrival Nurse, Redheart approached them slightly panicked.

"Twilight! What's wrong? Did Rainbow injure herself again?" Redheart asked frantically.

"No... not quite. I'm afraid we have a much bigger issue." Twilight said with a grunt of pain. She paused, feeling drained. "that was a simple teleport, I've done that since I was a filly, why did that take so much energy now?" she thought to herself as the six mares stepped aside to display the three severely injured aliens. Redheart gasped and then she gave Twilight a serious expression.

"I'll get the doctor."

---------------------------

Danny King awoke with a light pain in his head and blurred vision. Eventually, his vision regained clarity and he looked around to see that he was in a hospital. His arm was attached to an IV, and he was laying in a hospital bed that was adjusted so that his back was slightly elevated. From the window on the adjacent wall, he could see that it was definitely night time. He looked across the room to see Michael on a bed on the opposite wall, and Michael was also hooked up to not only an IV but an EKG, which kept a steady beat, as well. In between himself and Michael, Danny saw his eldest brother, Gary, who also had several wires and tubes running from his body to an IV and EKG. We must have been in one serious accident, Danny thought to himself. He also noticed that a few things seemed off. He was naked, and from what he could tell, so were Gary and Michael. The hospital also seemed strange; it was bright in color which seemed uncharacteristic for a hospital. Danny tried but could not seem to recall what had happened. He decided that Gary may remember so he should attempt to wake him.

"Gary... Hey Gary. Wake up." Danny said softly. Before Danny could continue his attempt to waken his injured sibling, he heard two voices from the hall.

"Will they be alright, doctor?" a feminine voice asked.

"I believe so." a much more masculine voice responded. "The magic surgery didn't work, but their injuries were simple enough to fix without it, fortunately." Danny looked toward the door and waited for the doctor. Perhaps the doctor would have more information on his current situation. The door opened, but instead of a doctor a small colorful horse with a horn, a unicorn, dressed in a doctors coat came in followed by another small horse with a white coat and pink mane. This has got to be some sort of prank Danny thought. The doctor then saw that Danny had been staring at him and Nurse Redheart since they walked in. "Ah! You're awake, wonderful. I was hoping you could answer some questions." As the doctor stepped toward Danny, Danny jumped in surprise and screamed.

"HOLY FUCKING JESUS! TALKING HORSE!" Danny screamed absolutely shocked.

"Calm down, son. It's okay, just calm down." The doctor responded attempting to prevent the human from having a panic attack.

"SHIT! SHIT! SHIT! SHIT!" Danny screamed still panicking.

"Deep breaths, son. Don't worry I just want to ask some questions" Danny nodded breathing deeply a few times. "Better?"

"Yea, I guess. If I answer your questions will you answer mine?" Danny said regaining his emotions.

"Certainly son." The doctor said with a smile. "First of all what are you?"

"I'm a human. What are you?" Danny said as the doctor take some notes.

"I'm a pony. Where are you from?'

"Earth. Where are we?" Danny replied again as the doctor continued writing.

"Equestria."

--------------------------

This continued on for nearly two hours as the doctor gained some basic information on humans and Earth, and Danny gained some basic information on ponies and Equestria. Nurse Redheart had left some time ago. The doctor yawned checked his pocket watch and saw that it was nearing one in the morning. The doctor informed Danny that it was late and he would be leaving, but they would continue later and he should sleep. As the doctor turned to leave Danny spoke,

"One last thing, what happened to us?" Danny asked with a sad look in his eyes.

"I have no idea... Sorry I wish I knew." The doctor said with a sigh. Suddenly, before the doctor could turn to leave again, Gary shot up in his bed bumping his left arm on the side of the bed.

"ARRRRRGH! Damn that hurt." Gary yelled holding his arm.

"Careful son, you had some second-degree burns and some pretty bad sprains in your arms. It will hurt for some time but will heal soon enough." The doctor said to the injured human.

"Sorry, I'll try to remember that," Gary said examining the bandages that ran from his elbow to his hand. Then he looked over to face the doctor. "What the fuck? A talking horse!" Gary said looking over to Danny who simply nodded.

"Well technically I'm a pony, but that's fine." The doctor said looking at Gary.

"Apologies, doctor. My name is Gary King. Nice to meet you... I think." Gary said with a small smile extending a fist.

"My name is Doctor Cardio Vascular." The doctor said bumping his hoof to Gary's fist. "And I believe I should fill you in on what is happening." The doctor said as he began to explain the current situation to Gary.

After nearly an hour of speaking, Gary was finally up to speed on the situation he and his brothers were in. The doctor then informed him that it was late and he and Danny should rest. The doctor began to leave but turned just as he opened the door to leave.

"One last thing, the six mares who saved you would like to visit tomorrow. Is that okay?" The doctor asked the two awake humans.

"Of course, we owe them our lives! I'd love to see them!" Gary responded as Danny simply nodded.

"Wonderful." Cardio Vascular said as he turned and left.

------------------------------------

Twilight, Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy followed Doctor Cardio, eager to see the three humans that they had found the previous day. Fluttershy was a bit reluctant at first but calmed down when the doctor informed her of the conversation he had the previous night. The doctor opened the door to the room where the humans were recovering. He stepped in, followed by the six mares who looked on in awe, as the three humans sat idly waiting for the visit. Gary took a long pull from a glass of water on the tray next to his bed. Michael had awoken a few hours prior and was greeted by Nurse Redheart. He was, at first, very shocked and attempted to climb out the window until Gary talked him into calming down. Gary nodded to the doctor as he walked in, and placed down the glass of water.

"Good morning, ladies. My name is Gary King." Gary spoke to the six mares as they entered. "Pleased to meet you."

"Ah. The pleasure is all mine darling." Rarity said stepping toward Gary's bed. "It is truly great to see a true gentleman. My name is Rarity."

"No, I insist," Gary said. "The pleasure is mine, Miss Rarity." Rarity giggled as both her friends and the other humans rolled their eyes at the exchange the two displayed. Danny always knew his brother was a flatterer, but he still thought Gary could go too far at times. "But enough about me, these are my brothers," Gary said pointing to his brothers on either side of him.

"Danny," Danny said with a smile. "Nice to meet you."

"Michael, but you can call me Mike," Michael said. "Nice hat by the way." He said looking at Applejack.

"Thank ya kindly, partner." Applejack said with a nod. "Nice to meet the three of ya."

"I'm Rainbow Dash, the fastest flyer in Equestria," Rainbow said with a smirk as she placed a hoof to her chest.

"I'm Fl...Fluttershy." Fluttershy said very softly as she tried to hide behind her mane which caused each brother to think 'dawww' simultaneously.

"And I'm Pinkie Pie and I'm super excited to meet you." Pinkie said as she suddenly was hanging upside down in front of Gary causing him to flinch. He looked over to the other mares confused, but they all simply shrugged in response.

"I'm Twilight Sparkle," Twilight said as Pinkie suddenly reappeared near her friends. "It's so fascinating to be speaking to another species from... who knows how far away."

"I also, believe a word of thanks is in order," Gary said, after clearing his throat. "You all saved our lives. Thank you, truly, and if I can, at some time, I shall repay you." Michael and Danny nodded as they both said 'thanks' as well.

"You don't need to worry about that. We're just glad you're okay." Twilight said with a smile as the five other mares smiled and nodded.

"Well, thank you anyway," Gary said smiling himself. "I have a few questions if you don't mind." The mares all shook their heads so Gary continued. "Well firstly, where are our clothes?"

"That would be my doing darling." Rarity spoke up. "Your apparel was in such poor condition I simply could not condone it. They shall be good as new tomorrow at the earliest."

"Thank you. Secondly," Gary replied, "How badly were we injured?"

"I can answer that." the doctor said as he stepped forward from the back of the room with a clipboard floating in his magic. "Gary King: second-degree burns on left arm, with minor sprains in the shoulder and, wrist? you said it was? mild concussion, and a large puncture wound in right side. Luckily it missed you're vital organs and is a simple flesh wound" The doctor said to Gary who let out a low whistle. "Michael King: first degree burns on the lower back, mild concussion and deep laceration along the left shoulder." Michael nodded and shifted uneasily. "Daniel King: mild concussion and several bruises on the abdomen."

"What about my truck?" Mike asked.

"You're what?" the doctor responded in confusion

"A large metal carriage that moves on its own," Gary interjected, knowing Mike had not yet been fully informed on the technological differences.

"We found this, but everything else was ashes or scrap metal," Twilight said as she levitated a license plate that had several burn marks and was bent and severely dented over to Mike. Mike was on the verge of tears as he continually ran his hand over the plate quietly whispering 'my truck' to himself.

"How long until we heal, doc?" Gary asked as the brothers looked at each other glad that their injuries weren't too serious.

"The magic surgery we originally attempted had no effect so we had to do things the old fashioned way." The doctor said examining the clipboard. "Three days, until you'll be good enough to walk out on your own. We would like to keep you for five just to be sure." The three nodded trusting the doctor.

"How'd you know my name was Daniel. I only said, Danny." Danny asked raising an eyebrow at the doctor.

"Among your possessions, we found a card on each of you containing your basic information it was very helpful."

"So... What about after we get out?" Michael asked

"I sent several letters to the princess, and she requested a meeting the day after you leave the hospital," Twilight said smiling enthusiastically.

"Interesting. I've always wanted to meet a monarch." Gary said with a smile.

---------------------------------

The next five days went by in a consistent routine. The six mares came in every day and spoke with the humans for several hours. They would share stories of their past experiences and one side would ask the other about their world and culture and the other side would answer to the best of their ability. The concepts that confused the other side the most was weather and celestial rotation. Gary, Mike, and Danny were shocked to find that weather was controlled by ponies and that one pony raised and lowered the sun while another did the same for the moon. Conversely, the six mares were stunned to find that Earth's weather controlled itself and the planet revolved around the sun. Upon mentioning that she was a librarian Gary got her to loan him a book on the history of Equestria, and all three were lent Daring Do books upon recommendation from Rainbow Dash. Fluttershy eventually opened up and began to speak with the humans normally. Rarity and Gary would discuss high society, from business practices to food and drinks, and they also compared how the rich act between the two cultures. One day Rarity nearly fainted when Gary told her of the fashions he had seen in Paris. Applejack and Mike also got along well, and they would often discuss farm life and their experiences with the city versus more rural areas. Danny would often speak with Twilight about magic which he was particularly interested in, and, after some insisting, she even gave a display of a few of the spells she was able to do. Twilight was also very interested in the technologies of the human world which Danny did his best to describe in great detail.

-----------------

Today was the day Gary, Mike, and Danny would finally be released from the hospital. It was in the late afternoon, and the doctor had just informed the trio that they had been cleared for release. Also, they were given a first-time alien creature discount and would not be charged. As the doctor left to give the three time to prep for departure, the six mares came into the room led by Rarity who was levitating three outfits by magic. She placed each outfit on its owner as they all exchanged greetings.

"Would you girls mind stepping out of the room for a moment so we can get dressed?" Gary asked the six mares.

"Why?" They asked simultaneously.

"So you do not witness us in the nude," Gary responded flatly.

"Hate ta burst yer bubble partner but we don't normally wear clothes and you've only seen us nude." Applejack replied with a deadpan expression.

"Yes, but we do not have fur, and it is not usually acceptable for humans to see each other without clothing."

"If you insist, but please do hurry." Rarity said as the six mares left the room and the three humans began dressing. The three soon exited the room and walked to the front desk to see the six mares and Nurse Redheart waiting for them. Nurse Redheart returned their possessions to each man. A lighter and near empty pack of cigarettes neither of which she had any idea what they were, or their purpose. She also gave him his wallet, duffel bag and phone, the last of which was completely destroyed so Gary simplify discarded it in a nearby trash can. Lastly, she gave him an ornately decorated playing card which just so happened to be a King of Hearts. Michael received his hat and his wallet. Danny was given his wallet and a shiny silver pocket watch with a 'K' engraved on one side. The three men followed the six mares as they proceeded outside. The sun was beginning to set as it cast an orange glow over the town.

"We'll meet at the library tomorrow morning to take a chariot to Canterlot to meet the princess," Twilight said nearly jumping for joy at the idea.

"That's good so far Twilight but where will we stay for the night? We don't have any of the local currency." Gary said staring into the sky as he lit a cigarette.

"I have a spare room in the library for one of you," Twilight said.

"We have the old guest room at the farm as well." Applejack interjected.

"And the Cake's said one of you could use their spare room too." Pinkie said bouncing around happily. "It'll be so much fun like a sleepover." The trio then decided, through an intense game of rock, paper, scissors, that Gary would go to Twilight's, Danny would go with Applejack and Mike with Pinkie. The six mares all split their separate ways to go home, three of whom had a human tagging along. They may not know how or why, but the humans knew for certain, somehow in this strange new world, they had arrived.

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy.