• Published 14th Sep 2013
  • 1,047 Views, 31 Comments

A Song a Day keeps the Blues Away - Grey Faerie



Discord and Pinkie sing songs for different reasons.

  • ...
2
 31
 1,047

Ringing in My Head

Hey Discord!

Gah! You actually seem happy to see me? Why?

Keep acting like that and maybe I won't ever be happy to see you. Now, you've got to listen to the funniest thing that happened today.

Yeah! It was hilarious. Hehe.

Really? Tell me!

So, you know it's Apple Buck season and A.J. has wisely chosen to ask for some help. Everyone's been helping out and stuff but today it was only to be Pinkie who had time. I decided to come along and use my magic to help.

Yes yes, fine. So, what was the funny thing?

She's getting to it. Giggle.

Okay, so we were help out when it started to get really boring. Pinkie decided to start singing. And I have to say, it's amazing she can sing and work like that.

Thank you!

Welcome. But, after a while, she decided to start singing Banana Phone!

Banana Phone? Really?

Yes! It was hilarious. The best part being how annoyed A.J. got. Ha!

It was late afternoon when Pinkie decided to start singing. Everypony was tired and waiting for the work to be done. When...

"Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring Banana Phone!!!" Pinkie sang loudly.

'Grr, if she sings one more line of that blasted song I'ma going to go crazy!' A.J. thought to herself.

"Ding dong ding dong ding dong ding Donana Phone!"

"That's it! I've had it!" A.J. suddenly shouted. Pinkie and I looked bewildered as she ran over to the lunch palls and rifled through them.

She then pulled out a banana.

"Hello!?" Applejack demanded.

"Knock knock?" asked Pinkie.

"Who's there?" A.J. growled out.

"Banana."

"Banana who?"

"Caw Caw Caw! Bahahaha." Pinkie laughed. She fell to the ground in a fit of giggles. I fell laughing too. A.J. looked at us like we've gone mad.

"Don't you get it? The crow ate the banana!" I managed to get out before laughing some more. Such dumb humor was lost on Applejack. She just threw down the banana and grumbled off.

Hahahahahah! Discord laughed. He rolled around on the ground for a bit. He eventually got up, wiping tears from his eyes. I'm so sad I missed that.

It's okay. I'm going to be helping her tomorrow! Sooo, we've got plenty of time to come up with another song to annoy her with!

Oh Pinkie. I knew there was a reason I loved you.

Not just cause she's sexy?

Hey! he said, blushing. I can like her for more than that. He put his arms on his hips.

Now... he said while rubbing his hands together, I think it's time to think of a few good songs for our Miss Applejack.

Hmm, how about 'It's a Small World'?

Ooo, Pinkie, you feisty devil.

Eww, I think I'll leave you two to figuring out songs on your own, alone, presumably in a bedroom somewhere. Ugh. Then I walk off.

I agree. My house or your's?

Your's. Giggle, how about 'The Song that Never Ends'?

Oh, Pinkie. I love it when you talk to me that way.