• Published 8th Sep 2013
  • 1,490 Views, 37 Comments

Hecarim's Peril - Hammerdog



Hecarim is thrown into a much unexpected place.

  • ...
5
 37
 1,490

Prologue of Peril


His hooves thundered through the jungle, shattering the earth as he used his Devastating Charge. “HAHAHAHA! COME HERE, MORTALS,” he bellowed into the Rift’s skies.

“Hec! Get out of there! Malzahar is MIA!” shouted Nasus from behind. His pleas reached the ears of Hecarim; however, it only fed his thirst for blood. Through the brush, he saw something in the corner of his eye.

“FOUND YOU!” With force unrivaled in the League, Hecarim tore through the river, preparing to strike down his prey.

“Gotcha’,” the Void Mage whispered under his breath. Before he could anticipate it, Hecarim was bound by tendrils from the darkness. “Have a taste of the void!”

“What is this?!” he exclaimed as he was enveloped with a violet haze. Hecarim cleaved his axe into the ground, attempting to gain footing as he was dragged into a gaping portal of some sort. Silent murmuring could be heard from within. “Fool! You think the Void can compare to the Shadow Isle? HA!”

“What?!” Malzahar was taken back as Hecarim turned and let himself be enthralled into the portal.

“Let’s see if this place truly is as dark as they say…” The nonchalant laughs of Hecarim could be heard faintly as he sank deeper into the Void.

“A SUMMONER HAS DISCONNECTED!” shouted the announcer.

Confused, the champions put down their weapons. “Where’d Hec go?” asked Twisted Fate, as he threw a blue card into a minion wave.

“Uh, guys, I think we have a problem…” Malzahar tried to explain. Although it was clear that Hecarim disconnected, he would have normally just lost his ability to fight and return to base, but this was different.

“What do you mean?” Asked the enemy Nasus, walking up next to Malzahar.

“Hecarim just… went into the Void…”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Due to an unexpected bug, Hecarim has been removed from the Champion Roster. We are sorry to inconvenience you, and are currently working to find a solution.”

-Riot

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“What do you mean he went into the Void?!” Nasus was already on the verge of losing his temper.

“I don’t know!” Malzahar said, baffled. “This hasn’t happened before! Well, not inside a match anyways!”

It was true. There were only a few who had ever seen the Void. Aside from Kassadin, Malzahar was the only mortal who had direct experience with it.

“What’s going to happen to Hecarim?” Twisted Fate asked, scratching the inside of his hat.

Malzahar shook his head. “I’m not entirely sure. The Void is a strange place. It tries to break you down by showing you your greatest fears,” Malzahar paused, rubbing his forehead at the bizarre situation. “The only thing that concerns me is that Hecarim is not only a being from the Shadow Isle, a place filled with equally horrid things, but he himself is already just as corrupt.”

Nasus leaned against the side of a nearby tree. “What’s your point?”

“My point is that the Void will not react the same way that it did with Kassadin and I. I have no idea what it’s going to do to him,” he explained.

“Is there any way to get him back?” Nasus asked concerned.

Malzahar stroked his chin uncomfortably. “We’d have to find someone with a matching personality as Hecarim, and use him as bait for the Void. That way we could travel to the same dimension that he’s in.”

Twisted Fate’s eyes widened in disbelief. “Go into the Void? That’s your plan? What happens if it doesn’t work?”

Mal shrugged. “We’d be consumed and killed by the inhabitants, most likely.”

Twisted Fate shuddered as he recalled a memory of being in the jaws of Cho’Gath back in Season 2. “Can’t we just leave him?”

“You can’t possibly believe that the Summoners would let us get away with that…” Nasus said, crossing his arms.

TF sighed. “I suppose you’re right…” he looked back to Malzahar. “Well it’s not like we can continue this match as it is anyways. The Summoners are probably running ‘round trying to sort this mess out.”

“Couldn’t we just leave this to them?” Nasus cut in. “I’m sure they’re more than capable of getting him back.

Malzahar shook his head once again. “The Summoners have very little power in the Void. They’ve been experimenting with extracting power from it, but have only been receiving abominations for centuries. Who knows how long it would take them to figure it out.”

The trio stood in silence for awhile, pondering how things lead to current events. “At any rate,” Nasus said, breaking the silence, “we’d better go tell everyone else what’s going on. It’ll be best if we’re working together as a team.”

Twisted Fate and Mal nodded their heads in agreement. The three champions split up to spread word of their plans.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The remnants of the portal faded as Hecarim observed his surroundings. Gloomy trees loomed over him, blocking any light from breaking through the leaves. Strange sounds could be heard from all directions.

“Am I back in the Jungle?” Hecarim asked himself as he shoved past the thick foliage. No, he thought. This looks more like the Shadow Isle than the Rift. Is this really the Void?

A growl from behind caught Hec’s attention. He calmly turned to see a small pack of strange looking wolves. Their bodies were what looked to be imbued branches of some sort. “Hahaha! It’s as if this really is the Rift!” he joked, his dark voice echoing through the dense forestry.

He calmly lifted his hand into the air, smiting down the biggest of the wolves. Then, with a single spin of his axe, he cut through the other two as if there was nothing there to begin with. Hec grunted, displeased with the ease of the challenge. “Is that all the Void truly has to offer?”

Just then, he heard the noise of a branch snapping from a bush. “Show yourself, creatures of the Void!” he shouted towards the direction of the sound.

There was some shuffling, then a sudden stop. After a few seconds, Hecarim bolted forward, charging into the brush.

“Eeek!” A small, yellow and pinkish blur took off in the opposite direction of Hecarim.

“Hahaha! Don’t think I’ll let you get away that easily!” he called out, taking off after it.

Author's Note:

As you can probably tell, this is just the prologue. Think of it as a taste of what exactly this story is going to be based on. As I stated before, I'm going to keep this completely open for everyone to make suggestions.