• Published 7th Sep 2013
  • 347 Views, 8 Comments

Blood and Diamonds - GamerBrony316



A soldier who longs to be free. To escape the dark past that is his life. Snow seeks these things and more, but how will he accomplish this task?

  • ...
4
 8
 347

Family

Chapter 2
Family


"I don't need your help," Twilight said, looking at Snow.

"The Princess thinks you do," retorted Snow.

"Twilight! I got those books you wanted. O, sorry I didn't know you were talking to," the little dragon trailed off, "Who is this?"

"This is Lt. Snow, Spike," Twilight said irritated. "He's here because they don't think I can handle my mission."

"I'm here to provide security for Miss. Sparkle on her mission," Snow retorted. "Now we must go."

Angerly, Twilight followed Snow down the winding halls and staircases out onto the castle grounds. A chariot and two Pegasus soldiers waited for them.

"Miss Sparkle, you will be taken by two of my soldiers and I will fly ahead," Snow told her.

Twilight stepped into the chariot and Snow took off, as his men followed. Snow flew out ahead, it had been so long since he had been able to use his wings. He thought back to his time in Cloudsdale. What a simple life it was. Yet something he could never have again. Hours passed.

"Miss. Sparkle, we have arrived," informed Snow.

Snow had never been to Ponyville before. It appeared to be a very peaceful place. But Snow knew that it was often the most peaceful places that could harbor danger. Snow looked at Twilight, who was talking to Spike, then to his soldiers.

"Fly back to Canterlot and inform Shining Armor and Princess Celestia that we have arrived," Snow ordered.

With a nod the Pegasi flew off. He then returned his attention to Twilight.

"Ok, as well as trying to find the rebels, I also need to make sure everything is being done right for the Summer Sun Celebration," Twilight said.

And off they went to complete Twilight's tasks. A rather strange Pink pony gasped and ran off when she saw them.

"Well that was rather, odd," observed Twilight.

"Indeed it was Miss Sparkle," Snow answered.

"I have to check on the food at a, Sweet Apple Acres?" Twilight said, a little confused.

Twilight quickly found out how to get to Sweet Apple Acres, and the entourage was off. On the way Snow observed that this pony probably didn't have many friends in Canterlot. When other ponies passed Twilight, waved or greeted her, Twilight would say nothing and almost not even look at them. Shortly after they arrived at Sweet Apple Acres, an orange pony with a yellow mane and cowboy hat greeted them.

"Well hi, mah names's Applejack! We here at Sweet Apple Acres sure do like makin new friends."

"Whoa, lets not get ahead of ourselves here. I'm just here to check on the food for the celebration," Twilight said, annoyed.

"Well we got that under control, let me introduce ya to the family," Applejack said, with great pride.

On the word, family, Snow's mind shot to a dark time when he was just a colt.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Fire, that's what he remembered. Screams of agony and the smell of searing flesh. Fire crept up the walls like an army of ants, consuming everything it touched.

"Snow!" A desperate voice screamed.

He recognized this voice as his mothers.

"Mommy! Mommy!" Snow's eyes burned from the smoke, tears filling his eyes.

Then he felt himself picked up, his mother's loving arms holding him tight.

"Mommy, I'm scared!" Snow wailed.

"I know baby, everything will be ok," his mother said, trying to calm him down. Her eyes burning, searching desperately for a way out.

CRASH!!!

A beam fell from the flame engulfed ceiling just inches away from them. Snow's mother scanned for any way she could get her son out. That's when she spotted a small hole in the wall. The hole was far too small for her to get out, but she knew Snow could fit. Staggering toward the hole, lungs burning from the black smoke, she set Snow down in front of it.

Almost not able to speak she coughed, "Snow... cough cough, get out baby. Go through the hole, cough!!

"Mommy what about you?" Snow asked, still terrified.

"I'll be right behin... cough, you," she lied, "Now go baby, get out!"

Snow, tears in his eyes, crawled and fought his way through the hole. Just as his head poked out into the air he saw his father and felt a pare of strong hooves pull him out.

"Mommy, come on Mommy!" Snow wailed.

CRASH!!! A thunderous sound came from where the house stood.

"MOMMY!!!!" Snow fought to get out of the hooves that held him but they were too strong. "MOMMY!!!!"

Snow knew that he would never see his Mother again. Since then Snow had thought about this accident, only he knew it wasn't an accident. The threats on his family began after his father captured, and killed one of the rebel leaders. The rebels had never forgotten, and one thing the rebels where good at was causing you great pain. Not only physical pain but emotional. The rebels often tried to break the mind of there victims. But when that failed they would strike with blades. The attempt to take Snow and his mother's life was to drive his father to madness. But when that failed they sent assassins to finish the job.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

"Are you alright, sugercube?" Snow, startled from his memories, looked to see Applejack starring at him. Twilight and Spike where also looking at him.

"Yes, ahem," Snow cleared his throat, "I'm fine."

"Are ya sure? You seemed mighty upset bout somethin," Applejack said concerned.

"No I am fine. Miss. Sparkle are you ready to move on?" Snow asked, searching for her among the other ponies.

"Yes Snow, I'm ready," Twilight answered, walking towards him.

As they walked away from Sweet Apple Acres Twilight looked up at Snow.

"What happened?" Twilight inquired.

"It was nothing Miss. Sparkle," Snow said, a little shorter than he meant to.

"Well it was obviously something, you stood there starring at something that didn't appear to be there." pressed Twilight.

"Miss. Sparkle I do not wish to continue this conversation." Snow said sternly.

Exasperated, Twilight sighed "Fine, if you don't want to tell me that's fine. I know there's something wrong though, and stop calling me, Miss. Sparkle. It's Twi-light, got it?"

"Yes, Twi-light," Snow teased.

"Ha, ha," Twilight said sarcastically. "Lets get to the Town Hall. I need to check on the decorations."

"Lead the way," responded Snow.