• Published 3rd Sep 2013
  • 644 Views, 5 Comments

The Mystery Of Simian Island - Violet Runner



Pipsqueak wakes up on an island and decides to become a Pirate.

  • ...
3
 5
 644

Chapter 4: Trolling

“Hmm, I have a feeling that I’m going to need a few things if I’m going to complete these trials.” Pipsqueak said as he walked out of the ally. Spotting a general store he decided to check it out.

“Ahoy there, fancy pants.” An old Gray Earth Pony greeted as he walked into the store. “I’ve got a good deal on swords today, if you are in need of one.”

“Hello.” Pip said walking up to him.

“So, what do you what?” The shop keeper asked.

“I’d like a sword, a shovel and… I think that’s it for now.” He said looking around the shop.

“Great. Here’s your sword, best 100 bits you ever spent.” The Gray Earth Pony said handing it to him as Pip gave him the bits. “And here’s your collapsible shovel, it will pay for itself, believe me. You’ll dig up 75 bits in no time. But hay, save some treasure for the rest of us, would ya.” He said with a laugh as Pip paid for it before leveeing.

“Ok let me think,” Pip said to himself as he pulled out the map he bought. “According to this map the treasure is somewhere in the woods, so I guess I should head there.” He then folded it up and put it back in his pants before making his way through town.

As he came to the docks he saw a red fish laying right in the middle of the road.

“I should really pick this up before somepony trips on it.” Pip said picking it up. Seeing it was dead and there were no garbage bins around he decided to take it with him and put in in his pants with the rest of his stuff.

Pipsqueak continued his walk until he came to the weird sign post which now had a new sign that said “Sword Training” and pointed down a previously unseen path. Shrugging followed the new path until he came to an old wooden bridge. He was about to cross it when a Troll jumped in front of him blocking his path.

“None shall pass!” The Troll shouted, startling him.

“What?” Pip asked backing up a bit.

“None shall pass.” The Troll repeated.

“Don’t mess with me Troll I’m a mighty pirate!” He said trying to sound tough.

“You’re no pirate.” The Troll said with a laugh. “Why, the town drunk could out–insult you on her back! …And probably would.”

“Oh, yeah?” Pip said as tough as he could.

“Yeah!” The Troll said unfazed. “You know, you could stand a lesson or two if that’s the best you can come up with. Anyway if you want to get across my bridge you have to pay a toll.”

“What’s the toll?” The Pinto Earth Pony asked.

“Well I’m kind of hungry right now. Why don’t you bring me something to eat and I’ll let you pass.” The Troll said scratching his chin.

“Will this do?” Pip asked pulling out the fish.

“That will do nicely.” The Troll said before taking it before moving out of the way. “Alright you may pass.”

“Thanks.” Pip said continuing on his way.

Once Pip was out of site, the Troll removed its head to reveal a women in her late thirty’s with long red hair. She quickly ate the fish hole before putting the troll mask back on and walking away.