• Published 3rd Sep 2013
  • 644 Views, 5 Comments

The Mystery Of Simian Island - Violet Runner



Pipsqueak wakes up on an island and decides to become a Pirate.

  • ...
3
 5
 644

Chapter 2: The FlimFlam Circuse

Deep beneath Simian Island, the ghost pirate Sombra's ship lay anchored in a river of magma. The ghostly figure of a Black and Red Unicorn stood in his cabin looking out the window as a skeletal Earth Pony entered.

"Captain Sombra...sir...I..." The Earth Pony began but was interrupted.

"Ah... There's nothin' like the hot winds of tartarus blowin' in your face." Sombra said not turning around.

"No sir... Nothing like it... hahahaha" He laughed nervously. "Ah... Sir... I..." The Earth Pony said trying to get back to why he was there.

"It's days like this that make you glad to be dead." The ghostly Unicorn continued turning to face the Earth Pony.

"Oh yes sir...glad to be dead..." The skeletal Earth Pony repeated nervously.

"Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?" Sombra asked glaring at the skeletal Earth Pony.

"Oh yes sir. I-I feel so lucky that you happened to capture my ship, then murdered me and everypony on board... Hahaha... yes sir...lucky." The Earth Pony said with a sigh.

"Glad to here it." The Ghost Unicorn said with a smirk. "Now what was it you disturbed me for?"

"Ah...yes sir...well, you see, we might have a problem on Brawl Island."

"PROBLEM?!?" Sombra asked angrily. "What possible problem could there be!? I've got those sissy pirates so scared of the sea they're afraid to take a bath!" He said marching up to the skeletal pony causing him to back up a bit.

"Well... There seems to be a new pirate in town." The skeletal pony said cowering a bit. "Actually, he's a pirate wannabe. Young, inexperienced, probably nothing to worry 'bout. Don't know know why I bothered you with it. Hahaha." He chuckled nervously again, looking away from the ghostly Unicorn. "I'll have him taken care of myself." The Earth Pony said turning to leave but was stopped by Sombra.

"Wait! I'll Handle this personally. My plans are to important to be messed up by an amateur." Sombra said turning back to the window.

"Yes sir." The skeletal Earth Pony said before leaving.


Pipsqueak stood outside the GRIME BAR think about which of the three trials he was going to do first when he saw a cooking pot sitting on top of some garbage bins. It was a descent size just big enough to fit over his head as a make shift helmet.

"Look at this pot, somepony through out a whole cooking pot and it's in great shape. Sure it has a few dents but it looks usable." Pip said to himself looking it over. " You know what? I know I have a bunch of stuff to do but I'm taking this, I'm taking this pot." He said picking it up and putting it on his head after thinking about where to put it.

Looking around he noticed some lights coming from a clearing close to the sign that pointed to town and the lookout. as he started to walk towards the lights he noticed a new sign on the post that said "Clearing" and pointed towards the lights. after questioning how he didn't notice that sign before he continued towards the lights. As he entered the clearing he noticed a big tent and went inside to find two Faded-Yellow Unicorns arguing.

"I would get in the cannon, but the gunpowder makes me sneeze." The Unicorn with the mustache said.

"Well, I can't do it, I sprained my hoof setting it up." The one with out the mustache said rubbing his hoof.

"I hardly think that compares to my chronic allergy. You get in the cannon."

"You don't have any allergies you faker. YOU get in the cannon."

"No. YOU get in the cannon."

"No. YOU get in the cannon."

"Slacker!"

"Loafer!"

"Ruffian!"

"Fop!"

"Weasel!"

"...Ahem..." Pipsqueak said getting there attention.

"Say there, son, how would you like a chance." The Unicorn with the mustache began. putting his hoof around pips shoulder.

"A once in a life time chance." The one with out a mustache added.

"To perform an amazing feat!

"A death-defying Feat!"

"Well, not so death-defying, really."

"A dangerous feat."

"No, not dangerous at all!"

"An easy feat!"

"But exciting!"

"With the Amazing!"

"World Famous!"

"Flim-Flam Bothers!"

"That's us. My brother Flim." The Unicorn with a mustache said introducing his brother.

"And my brother Flam." Flim said doing the same. "Sound good?"

"Good." Flam repeated.

"It's very simple, really."

"See that cannon over there?" The brother with a mustache asked, to which pip nodded. "All you have to do-"

"Is get in the cannon-" The one with out a mustache continued.

"And we shoot you out of it." Flam finished.

"Quite safe, actually." Flim said reassuringly. "So what do you say?"

"How Much will you pay me?" Pipsqueak asked not fully trusting the two.

"How about 478 "Bits?" Flam said.

"Ok, sounds good!" The White Earth Pony said surprised at the large sum of money.

"Great! I see you already have a helmet so let's do the trick." Flim said looking at the pot on pips head as they walked over to the cannon. "Now just get in the cannon and well take care of the rest."

Doing as he was told Pipsqueak got in the cannon and after a few seconds was shot across the tent and smacked into a one of the beams holding up the tent, losing the pot before falling to the ground just missing a soft pile of hay.

"It worked!" Flam said astonished.

"Oh I'm so relieved." Flim said before noticing pipsqueak lying on the ground. "Hey Kid?"

"You in there?" Flam asked looking at him.

"I'm Spike, are you my mommy?" Pip asked still dizzy from the impact.

"He's alright." The mustached Unicorn said happily.

"Hooray! We are spared another embarrassing and financially depleting lawsuit." Flim said helping him up.

"Here's your Bits for helping us out." Flam said handing pip a bag of Bits and pushing him, out of the tent as he started to come to his seances.