• Published 13th Mar 2012
  • 918 Views, 7 Comments

The Engagement - MrBigmac1011



Stormy prepares to propose to Twilight

  • ...
2
 7
 918

Chapter 1: The Announcement

The Announcement

The cobblestone streets glowed brightly as Celestia's bright sun shone upon them. Ponyville's town square was a hustle and bustle of different ponies shopping and enjoying the wonderful day. However, there was one pony not caught up in the chaos that was the farmer's market. He was too busy with his thoughts.

Stormy was walking through town square. He was enjoying the beauty of the town and thinking about how lucky he was. It had been two months since he had moved in with Twilight, and it was the happiest two months he had ever experienced. He was surprised how much she had changed since he had left. The adventures she had been on, the places she had been, but most of all, the friends that she had made, did something to his marefriend that Stormy didn't think was possible. Those experiences made her even better than she once was. Stormy shook his head and brought himself back to reality, he had a job to do that not even thoughts of Twilight could derail him from.

Karat was the owner of Ponyville's most successful jewelry store, and he loved every minute of it. His favorite part wasn't the jewelry, but the money he made from it. He loved to hustle and overprice his goods, just because he knew that he could. Needless to say, when Stormy walked through his doors, Karat's eyes lit up with excitement. "Hello sir," he said in his politest voice,"Welcome to Karat's Jewels and Accessories, where you can find the best gifts money can buy. Now what can I find for you today?"

Stormy looked around at the impressive jewelry and other trinkets, but he was here for one reason and one reason only."I was here earlier this week," Stormy replied,"I'm here to pick up the order I placed with you. It should be under last name, Weathers".

"Ah, Weathers, I have your order ready in the back." As Karat looked through his store room, Stormy smiled at the thought of how his marefriend would react when he showed her this gift. He knew, or at least he hoped, that Twilight would love it. When Karat came out, however, any doubt in Stormy's mind was dashed. Stormy marveled at the jeweler's work, it was a golden necklace on which hung a cut of pure amethyst in the shape of Twilight's cutie mark. Stormy snapped back to reality, however, when Karat announced the price. "That will be 375 bits my friend."

"What?!" Stormy said with some surprise,"You said it would only cost 300 bits when I came in earlier."

"Well, that was then, and this is now. Now, it costs 375." Karat smirked as he said this. He knew that this unicorn would have no choice but to pay. Karat never lost a negotiation when it came to price.

Just then, out of nowhere, a pink burst of energy came smashing through the door. When Stormy looked beside him, he saw that a certain hyper, pink earth pony had appeared.

"Hi, Stormy!" Pinkie Pie said in her usual upbeat tone,"My pinkie sense told me that this guy was trying to hustle you, and I'm here to help!" Pinkie then set her sights on Karat. "Now, I think that the agreed price was 300 bits, am I correct?"

"Actually, the price has risen to 375 bits." Karat announced with a hint of confusion in his voice.

"Well we will only pay 300" Pinkie retorted back.

"The price is 375." Karat was starting to get annoyed now. Nopony had ever tried to haggle with him. and he wasn't going to let this pink mare get the best of him.

"300!"

"375!"

"300!"

"375!"

Then Pinkie said something that neither Stormy nor Karat expected. "375!"

Stormy was very confused at this, but he remembered what Twilight had told him about Pinkie. Twi always said not to question her methods when it came to most things. So, Stormy just sat back and let the party pony do what she was doing.

"300!" Karat answered back. However, before he realized what he had done, Pinkie had ended the argument, taken the necklace from his hand, and gave him the 300 bits.

What just happened? the jewelry pony thought to himself.

Then, as if she was reading his mind, Pinkie answered,"That's an easy question, you just got Pinkie Pie'd!"

Pinkie Pie then handed over the piece of jewelry to Stormy, and when they were outside of the store, Stormy said, "I don't know how you did it Pinkie, but thank you."

"Your welcome!" Pinkie replied. "Just one question. What's the necklace for?"

Stormy was shocked at this question. He hadn't planned on telling anypony about the necklace, much less what he planned to do with it. After thinking about it, though, he decided that he could trust Pinkie.

"Alright Pinkie, I'll tell you," Stormy answered,"but but we need to go somewhere a little more private."

"OK," Pinkie replied,"We can go to Sugar Cube Corner! The Cakes took the twins to go visit family, so there isn't anypony there right now."

When they got to the bakery, Stormy said, "Pinkie, what I'm about to tell you is a big secret, you have to promise you won't tell anypony unless I say it's alright."

Pinkie answered,"Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye, I Pinkie Pie Promise."

Stormy then breathed in a heavy sigh. "I got the necklace because, I'm going to propose to Twilight."
Pinkie Pie gasped. She smiled and let out a longer torrent of words that Stormy had ever heard said in one breath,
"OhmygoshyourgoingtoaskTwilghttomarryyouthat'ssoexcitingIhavesomuchtodoandsomanypartiestoplanIhadbettergostartrightnow!"

Stormy stopped his over excited friend. "Don't start planning yet Pinkie," He said to her,"I don't even know if Twilight will even say yes."

Upon hearing that, Pinkie's toothy grin turned into a small, almost reassuring smile. "What do you mean, if she'll say yes?" Pinkie said to Stormy in an uncharacteristically calm voice. "Of course Twilight will say yes. Stormy, she loves you more than anything. When Twilight and I and the rest of our friends get together, you're almost all she talks about. So, you have nothing to be nervous about."

"Thanks Pinkie," Stormy responded,"that makes me feel tons better."

Pinkie's smile grew even wider,"No problem, now we had better get started. Like I said earlier, we have a lot to do if you are going to propose!"