• Published 2nd Sep 2013
  • 717 Views, 28 Comments

Forever young. - pinkameany



Completely by accident twilight will discover why everyone says it's not so great to live forever.

  • ...
4
 28
 717

Do you really want to live forever?

Twilight sparkle has been working very hard perfecting new spells since she has become an allicorn. She's mastered time travel spells, attack, and defense spells, musical spells, and spells that can change you into anything for 5 hours, but she would never prepare for what would happen when she discovered the "forever young" spell.

"Spike can you get me that new book Celestia sent me I would really like to read it!" shouted twilight

Spike came into the room and handed the book to twilight, "What do you think is in it twilight?" asked Spike. It was a raggedy old book with cobwebs, and dust on each page. The whole book was black besides for the strange markings on it. Inside was very old paper with strange markings all over the place.

"I don't know Spike it's hard to read, but I'm going to find out!.... after I straighten it up a bit." Twilight grinned." She went off to get her dust cleaner she knew the book was old, and delicate, she knew Spike could handle cleaning it, but Twilight just wanted to make sure it would be extra safe.

After awhile of cleaning the book it was finally done, and she could make out the strange markings, they were chants back in the 15th century of Equestria while "Witchicorns" were still around. Very strange it didn't seem to make sense to Twilight why Celestia would send this to her.

Spike came into the room with a letter from the princess it read. "Dear Twilight sparkle, this is princess Luna, I hope you got the book I sent you it's very important that you figure out the spell on page 34, it is a forever young spell I promised a very close friend I would help her use it, but I need someone with your skill to help me pull it off see I can't decipher what it says, and a little caution it only works once and can only be done by alicorns, after it is done once on whoever you use it on you can never undo it or go back in time to stop yourself from doing it since it was such an old spell used by "witchicorns" to put curses on young ponies so they would never stop seeing there loved ones die, I am truly sorry I have to put such a heavy burden on you Twilight, but I owe it to my friend she saved my life once, and this is what she wants in return I must accept her wishes."

As Twilight finished reading the letter she never questioned it and got right to work. "Spike send a letter to Princess Luna tell her I'm working on it right away."


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Weeks later.


Twilight was exhausted she lie in her bed thinking of all the time she missed with her friends, but she knew that she had to help Luna. "Done finally." Twilight said "Spike take a letter."

"Dear princess Luna, I know how to cast the spell now it was a hard process, but I'm finally done I am going to rest now talk to ya later." With that Spike finished the letter with how to do the spell and Twilight fell asleep. Twilight was having a nightmare from no lack of sleep for so long while helping Luna. Dreams of herself being a "witchicorn". After fighting off many men with her magic she put a curse on a man in the dream. What she didn't... couldn't realize was that she was doing the one time only spell on herself.

A flash a green and purple burst ed out of Twilight's room and woke up Spike. "Are you o.k Twilight? TWILIGHT!"

Twi was shaking fiercely still asleep not knowing what was going on when she woke up... it was too late.