• Published 27th Feb 2012
  • 1,716 Views, 19 Comments

Prance Prance Revolution - EpicGuy



Pinkie Pie challenges Rainbow Dash to a dance-off.

  • ...
3
 19
 1,716

Advanced

Everypony was thrown backwards at the sudden explosion of sound and dance, including the princesses. They were pushed backwards slightly by the gust of wind that came from the competing ponies hooves. Luna gasped and grasped the metal pole with her hooves for dear life, whilst the bright light from the screen made her squint. "May we stoppeth the scorching of my eyelids?" She cried. Celestia smiled and put on sunglasses.

Behind them Scootaloo was thrust backward as well, but she fared worse because of her small size. The filly dramatically made an effort to put one hoof in front the other, and after a long trip she reclaimed her spot by the boards- holding on the the pole this time, out course.

Pinkie Pie's legs were a faint pink blur, her blue irises glued to the screen and using excellent hoof-eye coordination. She got an "AWESOME" on every arrow she hit, which was all of them. After getting used to the extreme rhythm the pink mare dared to glance at her cyan foe, somehow still hitting all the notes. Her sweatband was covered with a thick coating of clear sweat, but her face didn't show any sign of being tired. "Can't find your hooves today, Dashie?" She teased.

Rainbow Dash simply grunted and tried to speed up. She was hitting about every twentieth arrow (which popped up about every five seconds), and was having a much harder time getting into the rhythm of the song. "Oh, you're gonnna get it, Pinkie!" She tried to speed up, but her score on the screen responded by her number dropping into the negetive digits. Rainbow Dash cursed under her breath as she sighted Pinkie's score- the machine had stopped counting and in its place was the infinity sign.

She needed to win this- not just for herself, or to save her dwindling dignity- she wanted to see Pinkie Pie's ace when she beat the party pony by a landslide.

In a feeble attempt to beat the pink part pony Rainbow Dash decided to go slower, not faster, and wait out each arrow until it was the last second to hit it. Suprisingly, her score began to climb (Okay, it climbed slower than molasses going uphill on a mountain in a snowstorm while pushing a wagon, but it was moving.) and after a long while the pegasus got out of the dreaded negetive zone. Pinkie noticed this too, and her face slightly tensed and she went a hair faster. Rainbow Dash, now fully confident, sped up as well. Her hooves became a cyan cloud after much effort and her score soared into the millions. She made her first mistake by getting cocky and trying to look at her friend whilst still playing. The weather pony's numbers faultered slightly, raising some eyes, but she found her footing fairly quickly and sneered at her magenta buddy.

"Who's loosing their hooves now, Pinkie?" She laughed. Her score was quickly approaching Pinkie's.

The pink earth pony gasped slightly, but kept her cool attitude and sped up once more.

Behind them the crowd cheered and chanted on the two ponies battling it out on the virtual dancefloor. Celestia and Luna were back to arguing and bickering about the side they were supporting.

"Have thou filly lost thou footing?" Luna cackled. She narrowed her dark eyes menacingly.

Celestia looked over her hipster shades and raised an eyebrow. "I can't say Rainbow is the best dancer in Equestria, dear sister." She replied coolly. The edges of her mouth turned up at her sister's enraged reaction and the princess of the sun magically moved her sunglasses upwards.

Even farther behind the quarreling princesses were Twilight Sparkle and Rarity, along with Applejack and the timid Fluttershy. The latter was quite frightened by the flashing lights, the loud music, and the occasional rough encouragement of others through violent yelling. The others wern't as fazed, but still acknowledged it.

"Umm... Can I wait outside?" The yellow pegasus asked. She shivered in her seat as a drunken pony decided it was a good idea to smash a glass bottle of Pony-Cola.

Rarity gently nudged her friend and shushed her slightly. "Sorry, dear," she managed to make her voice clear over all the others, "but we must cheer on our friends. GO PINKIE PIE! WAHOO!" Rarity somehow tore off the formal dress she was wearing to reveal a plain white shirt with the words "GO PINKIE" and a picture of the earth pony in question winking upon it. Fluttershy squealed as another smash sounded, this one from their own compadre Applejack.

"Wowee, they sure goin' fast!" The farm pony had gotten tired of the insane noise and decided to indulge herself in the only way possible- alcohol, and quite a bit of it. A large bottle of Applejack Daniels was in her hoof, and the shattered remains of one lay on the floor. "They be notin' but ah' pinkish an' blueish blur-a-whatcha-call-it!" She almost fell but caught herself on the chair.

Fluttershy cried out and ran to her side. "Applejack, what in Equestria has gotten into you?"

Applejack snapped to attention. "No, Flutterpie, I ain't gotta spee-cial cue! I ain't gotta poo either!"

The charming pegasus shooker her head rapidly. "Applejack, you must stop your behaviour! We're in a public place, remember?"

"Wha? Twent-ey? Wha ya want stalks? Beans or celery?" She looked at Fluttershy as if she had lost her marbles.

Fluttershy rage-quit in her sweet way and walked away without another word.

Twilight, on the other hoof, stood erect and at attention facing the dancing ponies. She kept her body still as not to shake the camera too badly. Using her telekinesis the unicorn manually zoomed in on the duo's steadily bobbing flanks. Twilight Sparkle looked through the lens to make sure she had it at the "sweet spot", as she called it, positioned exactly so she could see both ponies' flanks perfectly.

She looked up, satisfied. "Perfect." She whispered, a devilish look on her face.


The song was coming to an end (Much to Rainbow Dash's disappointment), and slowly the tempo slowed and finally stopped. The cyan pegasus collapsed, despite her worthwhile effort that hardly made a dent in her smug face, and panting heavily, watched the screen as it faded first into darkness, then burst into a colorful screen that showed their results. On coordinating sides were their grades, and below that was the overall counts of how many "Horrible", "Amazing," ect. they got.

Rainbow Dash immediately looked at Pinkie Pie's results first. The pink pony got an A+++++++++, if that was even possible, and had all "Awesomes"- except for five "Horribles", probably from the moment Rainbow Dash looked up and her. Other than that, Pinkie Pie was a perfect dancer.

Then she dared to look at her own grade, than heaved a huge sigh of relief when she saw a huge A+++++++++ in her box. She looked down at the counts, and wasn't suprised to see about three hundred "Horribles" and a string of a thousand "Awesomes."

The final scroes were calculated via the machine's mind and they appeared in an explosion below the grades. Rainbow Dash held her breath.

Below her name was an infinity sign.

"YES!" The pegasus bounced up and down on her board, and the motion made the entire machine rock and creak. "YESYESYES!"

Some random pony came up from behind her and gave her a good wallop. "You didn't see the pink one's score, little miss too-high-on-her-pedestal!" Rainbow Dash growled at the pony and turned back to Pinkie's score, which had just popped up on the screen. She then gasped, and promptly began to faint once more. Luna caught her quickly and began to lift up the poor pegasus. "Have faith, thou pegasus of rainbow and light cyan, we shall surely be victorious in our next hurrah!" She patted the pegaus gently, then with an earth pony's force heaved her back into position. Rainbow Dash was scared to see Pinkie's score.

The pink pony laughed, but instead of her normal, silly one it was dark and cruel, smug even. She grasped Rainbow Dash's cheeks and put her face in the cyan pony's one. "What's wrong, Dashie?" She giggled. "Too cocky to know ol' Pinkie's score?"

She thrust Rainbow's face to the screen, to be more specific to Pinkie's portion, to be even more so her score. Rainbow Dash went slack in her grip.

It read an infinity sign.

+1.