• Published 3rd Sep 2013
  • 365 Views, 9 Comments

Three Little Diamonds - Rarityfanboy351



A story of a man stuck in a rut in his life. Thinking there was nothing better until he finds a small filly

  • ...
1
 9
 365

The Morning After

I wasn’t sure when I had fallen asleep when I awoke to the sound of my alarm slightly in the background, that annoying buzzing was loud enough to even wake me down here. I had fallen asleep in the recliner with the photo album open on my chest. I let out a small yawn as I placed it on the table and with a stretch I walked out of the living room and towards the upstairs. After a few moments I was set for work I began walking for the stairs when I glanced at Rarity’s room while a few memories played through my head. With regret I opened the door to look to see the storage room was still there. Normally my heart would have dropped but after yesterday I didn’t even feel my heart anymore, I felt a numbness just like before I found her.

"Why did it have to be this way..." I asked myself

I locked the door from the inside and gently shut it for the last time, I never intended to enter the room again. Then with a sigh I shuffled my way to the garage and towards my cruiser. The bay next to my police car was my truck, covered with a tarp and ready for the winter time. The bay behind the truck, which once held Rarity’s car was now empty with only a small work station that held a few parts and boxes. The sight simply made my mood worse as I climbed in and left. After a bit I arrived at work and pulled into my usual parking spot.

“Hey Renton.” Rebecca greeted me with her usual happy expression.

Rebecca was the reception officer who welcomed everyone to the station. She had a uniform and gun but she never went out on patrol. She enjoyed her job inside the station and always provided a happy face which helped my pain a little.

“Hey Rebecca. What’s up?” I asked her as she noticed my face

“Are you ok Renton? Is something wrong?” She asked me with concern.

I frowned as she asked

“I lost someone very dear to me last night.” I said to her as I walked towards the back

“Oh my I’m so sorry. Do you need anytime off? I could talk to the chief.” She asked but I declined.

I didn’t want to be alone. Being alone meant I was left with my thoughts to run wild, at least at work I was able to have distractions.

“If you need anything I’m here for you.” She said holding my hand for a moment.

I smiled back at her

“thanks Rebecca. You’ve always been a great friend.” I said then walked to my desk.

I looked over the crowded desk at the mountain of paperwork in front of me.

"Better get started" I mumbled as a few other guys walked over for some small talk which I was happy with, it kept my mind occupied for a little but my thoughts always drifted back to one question

"How is she?".

Meanwhile in Equestria, Rarity had been returned to her home. Celestia looked over Rarity as she peacefully slept in her bed, she was happy that Rarity had been returned home easily enough. She turned to leave the room and was met by Twilight, Pinkie and Applejack.

“Applejack and Pinkie. Could you please watch over her and make sure she is alright. Keep me updated on her as well, I want to make sure that Twilight’s spell worked” the princess said in her usual tone.

They both nodded happily to her. Celestia then turned to Twilight

“Twilight I need to discuss something of importance with you. She said as Twilight nodded. They left the small boutique walking side by side “Twilight I need you to research this event. I want you to see if there is any information we could possibly find to perfect this method of travel. We could use this to travel to various areas or countries, even distant worlds if they're any others. I will of course place you as lead of the research team of our best” The princess spoke in an assertive tone

. “You can trust me princess. I'll learn everything I can.” She said excitedly as they left for Canterlot.

Back at the boutique Applejack and Pinkie were caring for Rarity as hours flew by before she woke up. She looked around the room as Pinkie jumped onto the bed.

“Rarity!” Pinkie said excited. "This is amazing that you're awake and that your back with us, isn't that great!?! I mean it hasn't been that long since you vanished but still anytime away from friend's is a long time to me..." Pinkie went on and on rambling as she usually did.

However Rarity did not smile as she stared at this unknown pony in front of her, in fact she began to sadden as she looked around the room

"Where am I?" She asked with a depressing tone

"Ya'll are home now, back with us in Ponyville" Applejack answered in her southern tone

"So I'm back in Equestria? Is my dad here? Was he able to come with us?" She asked in hopes I would walk in

"Yes you are and uh... no but from what the princess said he's back at his home on that funny named place safe and sound. Only ya'll got brought back to here" Applejack answered trying to calm her down.

Tears began to build in her blue eyes as she thought about how she left me all alone back on Earth.

"But you're here with us, your friends. Isn't that good?" Pinkie said as a frown began to take over her smile and her fluffy mane flattened.

"i'm sorry, I truly am and you seem nice enough, but I want my father. I want to go home" Rarity said in a saddened tone as tears dripped onto the blanket

Pinkie was about to speak but Applejack cut her off

"Ah think we should give her some time" AJ said as she lead Pinkie out of the room. "Anything you need just holler" she added before closing Rarity's door

"But Applejack w..."

"We need to give her some time to adjust and heal, she went through alot from what the princess said. Ah can’t even think to how hard last night musta been for her, to be torn away after that kinda time" Aj said as she turned to Pinkie.

"I guess, wait I know, I'll make some cupcakes! That will cheer her up" pinkie said before darting off into the kitchen.

"Ah hope so..." Aj said quietly as she walked into the kitchen. A few days had gone by and Rarity hadn't changed her mood. She spent all her time in her room staring out the window

"I miss you dad... This may be a house but it's not my home" She quietly said as a brezze gently went by.

Up in Canterlot Twilight had been working on the situation but was finding nothing. Her mane was all raggedy and huge bags were under her eyes as she hadn't slept much in the past few days. She was too busy digging through whatever information she could find about the portal. Celestia walked into the lab and looked towards Twilight

"Twilight my dear student, you do not look at all well. Have you been sleeping?" She asked concerned as Twilight turned to her

"We'll I've gotten a few hours in the last couple days but I've been too busy to sleep. I can't seem to find anything about this. Whatever information we gathered is useless as of now and we can't recreate the incident." She answered flustered as she rushed around the lab.

"I am not surprised by this but you have done well with what you have found. You should get some rest though, it's not healthy for a young mare to have a lack of sleep such as this." Celestia said to Twilight in a sweet tone. "However the research was not my reason for coming down here. I have received a few bits of worrying news. It seems that Rarity's current condition has not bettered in the last few days. It seems she still posses her memories from her time on Earth. I am concerned about her well being." Celestia said as Twilight followed her out of the room.

However just as they started to leave an energy detector they had began to go crazy with the magically energy causing another portal to begin to open.

"We're getting a reading of strange energy that's going off the charts. I's very similar to the type of energy when the portal had been opened, it's almost like something still has a connection between our worlds." The scientist said as they scrambled around trying to get all the information they can.

Celestia looked displeased as she listened to them scramble around

"I may know where this connection is" She said quickly as

Meanwhile back on earth it had been 3 months since Rarity left. The time had been difficult alone, I spent most of my nights in my recliner with my photo album, very rarely did I use my bed anymore. I fell asleep whenever I did. Sleep had become something enjoyable now because for the past few weeks I was having strange dreams, dreams of my time with Rarity and the memories playing in my head. There was even dreams where it felt like she was next to me. I knew they were only dreams as she probably didn’t remember me but they felt so real so my dreams were a sense of happiness. when I was awake my time was spent doing paperwork and helping out on cases. It helped to keep my mind occupied until i could sleep again. During the few months I had been able to minimize the amount of paperwork in the station and even figured out a new method for organization. The others in the officers were happy that the backlogged files was slowly being done away with. All except Rebecca who worried about me everyday, she always checked on me and offered a helping hand. If it wasn’t for her smiling face I may have been a lot worse now. Despite the pain I felt and the longing to see Rarity again she made it easier to go about my day.

The drive home was the usual quiet ride with only the radio softly playing music in the background just muffling the sound of the wipers sliding clearing the windshield. The rain fell steady but light as I turned onto my street and began to head home but with no real desire to go home and sit around for hours I pulled The cruiser struggled in the mud, covering the sides and rear as it finally reached the front of the barn. The barn was exactly what I had remembered with the brown siding covering it. I opened the wooden door and walked inside. Relief came over me as the inside was exactly the same. The old Chevy which Rarity and I sat against for hours remained parked in the middle along with the other equipment. I sat down in the exact place I did before and rested my head against the fender. I sat there for a good hour just thinking of everything that has happened in my life. Suddenly there was a loud thump coming from the rear of the truck. I turned my head to see Rarity walking up to me. “R…Rarity?” I asked baffled. I first thought this was another dream. For the past few months I had been reliving my memories with Rarity as I slept. This was different though. She had a confused look on her face “Daddy is that you?” She asked. “Yes honey it is.” I told her with a smile. She ran over and hugged me, accidently jabbing her horn into my side. I ignored the small pain and hugged her back “I’ve missed you dad. I wish I didn’t leave” She said crying. “I’ve missed you to. It’s been hard living alone again” I told her. I lightly pet her mane moving my fingers through the curls getting a few strands of hair by accident. This felt so much more real than any other dream I had have with her. “Dad I will come back. I promise. I lo…” She was cut off by a loud boom. I suddenly awoke to the sound of thunder outside as the rain poured down. I shook myself awake and felt the pain in my side from where Rarity’s horn had jabbed me. “Ow! Wait that was where she….was it real?” I asked myself standing up. I shook my head before heading for the barn door. However when I went to pick my hand to open the door there was a few purple strands of hair “Is this… No way that can’t be” I said baffled.

Back in Equestria Rarity suddenly snapped awake at her desk and looked around. Outside it was pouring from a thunderstorm. “It felt so real…” She said to herself as she heard voices outside. “Ya’ll could have warned us about this storm!” Applejack said to Rainbow Dash. “We didn’t make this storm. We had sunny weather planned this week and a rainstorm this weekend.” Rainbow countered with. “Oh so it just formed itself? Applejack said back. “Yes! As weird as that is” Rainbow said before Rarity decided to lay in her bed. In Equestria 2 weeks had gone by since Rarity returned. Up in Canterlot Princess Celestia rushed into the lab “I received your letter of an update.” She said as the main scientist walked out “Yes Princess Celestia. We’ve had a major breakthrough. Over the past 2 weeks we’ve been seeing more and more of the trail the wormhole left behind. There have even been points where it opened again revealing small amounts of the other world as if someone was opening it from either end. We’ve been working on a device which should hopefully, when we get the information stabilize a wormhole for our use. I have yet to discover if it will be able to open it into other worlds but this is still amazing.” He said excited to her. “Do you also have any idea on this strange weather. I have a report of some strange storms in Ponyville” She asked. “Yes we do actually. Due to the un-stabilized nature of this wormhole it seems to be bringing in this odd weather and other things. Once we stabilize this it should return to normal” He said to her. “Well see that you do” she replied before she walked over to Twilight who was still working. “Twilight.” The princess said. “I received a letter from your friends that Rarity has not gotten any better. Have you found anything?” she asked. Twilight shook her head no with regret. “It is ok. Please go home and get some sleep. It looks as though you haven’t slept in all this time. I have a few important decisions to make now” Princess Celestia said. “But princess.” She strated but wasn’t able to finished without a yawn “the scientists will work while you are away. You have done all you can and need some good rest. Your friends have also written to me that they miss you so you should spend some time with them” She said with a smile as Twilight nodded. The princess head to her room to think over her decisions. In the next few weeks would be a choice made that would forever effect everyone.