• Published 31st Aug 2013
  • 517 Views, 6 Comments

Line Space facing the Mirrored Foe - Line Space



A story about my OC's Line Space and Red Pen. Long story to help elaborate on my characters and who they are.

  • ...
 6
 517

Chapter 3: One Angry Walk Back

Chapter 3: One Angry Walk Back

The black and red colt looked down at the unconscious colt at his hooves. He didn’t really know why he had hit him, nor why the vicious blow brought him such pleasure. Laughing, he reared up on his hind legs and, coming down, lowered himself to the colt’s face. Licking his lips in anticipation he smacked the same spot that was already bruising again. He felt another thrill of pleasure shoot through his body. Then he felt something that made him retreat from the unconscious body as though he himself had been struck. He felt something dark and nasty, something like…. regret. His eyes went wide and he roared with rage, loathing this new emotion and making his way over to the blue colt.

Giving into his rage seemed to help the memoryless colt though. He knew the name of his would be victim.

“Line Space,” he said in a quiet yet deep voice. His rage flared back up inside of him, realizing that now this strange colt who was at his mercy had a name and he didn’t. The grin came back onto his face as he moved forward to rectify the problem, or at least half of it. His mind was working now though and he remembered something else as well. He paused before whispering “Red Pen,” to himself, even softer than before. He realized another thing at this moment though, something that sickened him.

What he realized was that he needed this pony. His seemingly natural fury surfaced again as he let out a howl of anger at the thought. He hated more than anything the thought of needing someone else for anything. But, he knew he was angry and past that there was only his name and this other ponies. He looked around the grotto and hardly realized the beauty the place had. It was simply too…. peaceful. Shaking his head at the colt he left on the ground he began the long walk back up to the forest, it’s noises filtering down the tunnel.

…………………………………………………………………………………

Red Pen cursed to himself as his eyes took in the late at the end of the tunnel. As he waited for his eyes to clear from the sunspots, he took a moment to take in all that the Everfree had to offer in terms of noises and smells. Red Pen smiled to himself at the gloom and the shadow, finally free from the pain the change in light had caused. He could tell he would like it here. He started trotting through, a grin on his face, unconsciously making notes about different landmarks. This deep in the forest, the light filtered through unevenly leaving large portions in the dark. Trying to concentrate on seeing he didn’t hear the slithering noise from behind. A quick “bakaw” came from behind and as he turned to face it, an eyebrow came creeping up his face.

Holding itself up by its tail to be at least eye level with Red Pen, a creature with the upper body of a chicken and the lower body of a serpent or dragon glared its beady red eyes at the colt. Red Pen looked away, shocking the bird into squawking again. He glanced down at his rear hooves seeing them encased in stone. He brought his head back up, his glare quickly quieting the monster.

“That isn’t at all amusing. Also a small problem with your tactics,” Red Pen stated with a cold tone with eyes that showed complete lack of kindness. As the cockatrice’s mouth opened Red Pen quickly quieted the infernal squawking with a mildly stoned hoof. With a quick twist of the hoof that was then followed by the rest of the leg being shoved down the beasts throat. Pushing it until it flew into a tree a short distance away. “Our eyes need to maintain contact and it takes too long,” Red Pen continued a wicked grin spreading across his face. “Of course I was hoping for something to hurt anyways, so I guess a thank you is in order.”

The cockatrice had never known fear before except for when that pink haired pony had talked down to it. Dazed now and feeling the pain of a bruised beak it started rising up. The red and black pony was turning away. It uttered half a squawk raising itself higher and preparing to slide back into the shadows. What it hadn’t seen though was why Red Pen had turned away.

It hadn’t seen as he looked over his shoulder. It hadn’t seen as he lowered himself and braced his legs against the ground. It hadn’t seen as his grin grew wider and wider as he prepared for the pleasure this blow would give him. And it only barely saw as his back hooves lashed out against it’s side, pinning it between the tree and his hooves. Losing his balance Red Pen fell to the ground chuckling and the cockatrice fell just a little faster. Red Pen came closer and grinned at the pool of blood forming around the little creature. His eyebrows went up and he brought a hoof up to check it. Satisfied the stone was gone from the hoof he moved away humming a dark little tune that he couldn’t remember.

……………………………………………………………………………………….

Red Pen sat at the edge of the forest for a while, staring at the green expanse between the bushes he had slunk into and the cottage not far away. He grimaced wondering what to do about the brightness of the sun. He had retreated back at the surprise of the changing levels of light and the pain it had brought his eyes. Red Pen lacked a rather important thing for a situation thing like this, he lacked common sense. He was working on a form of branch catapult when a yellow pony with pink hair came walking out of the cottage. His jaw dropped at the sight of her and the branches quickly punished him for his lack of attention. Gettin up while cursing the pain his nose was now in he saw the mare cover her eyes as she stepped into the sun. Doubtfully he raised his hoof and stepped into the light.

Unconsciously his eyes had closed in anticipation and when he didn’t feel the anticipated pain his eyes quickly flew open. Seeing again he quickly started moving towards the mare. As he got close he smelled the pie that she had just finished baking. His eyes were quick to find the source, his stomach only now realizing how hungry he had become. He galloped close and climbed up to the window. His eyes shining with hunger and greed he grabbed a hold of the pie and marveled at the creation.

Angel chose that moment to throw a spoon from the salad that had also been near the window directly at the thief’s head. The dark eyes came up and locked with the small eyes in his fuzzy white head. The voice that came out had a deep and menacing tone in it, Red Pen making no attempt to hide his malice

“ Hello little bunny. I wonder if you realize that it would be just as easy to reach you as it was this delicious smelling item. I do think I could use something to drink after all,” Red Pen’s eyes flashing as he finished his threat. Angel reacted the best way he could. He ran to warn Fluttershy a moment too late.

“Ummmm, good afternoon, sir,” Fluttershy’s quiet little voice gaining an exasperated look from Red Pen. He looked over and again he was brought to distraction at the way the pony looked. The strange colt’s stare only served to make Fluttershy even more uncomfortably and she pressed on with why she had spoken up in the first place. “I’m sorry but that pie is for me and my bunny Angel. I was leaving it out to cool. Could you please give it back?”

Red Pen grinned and said “Sorry but I am rather hungry. My name is Red Pen and I recently…. moved to this little town.”

“Oh then maybe you would like to share with me and Angel. Everyone could use a friend and it’s a lot better than stealing,” Fluttershy said smiling shyly at him. She was trying to be a little friendlier like Twilight and Pinkie kept telling her to be. Unfortunately this was the wrong pony to be friendly to.

“I’m sorry miss but you are mistaken.”

“Oh don’t call me miss. My name is Fluttershy.”

“Well Fluttershy,” Red Pen said, chuckling a little at her friendly attitude, “ I believe I said you were mistaken. By your puzzled face you obviously don’t understand why.” As he said this he put down the pie and began to take steps towards Fluttershy.

“Why(,)” Fluttershy squeaked out, her mind and body paralyzed by the malice and madness radiating from the strange pony.

“Simple. It is always better to take and have it all to yourself then it is to share,” Red Pen whispered in her ear, the last word dripping with contempt. He then grabbed the poor mare by her mane and tossed her down the small hill her home sat on. She started getting up but before she could Red Pen used the momentum from running down the hill to slam his forward hooves into her side. A horrid crack sounded from her wing and tears began to stream down her face. He laughed at her and slammed his hoof into her ribs for additional pain. His laughter was all she heard as her world, as had Line Space’s, went black. It only took longer this time.