• Published 28th Aug 2013
  • 653 Views, 3 Comments

Ride in the Fright - TheBigNerd



Fright Rider, one of the coolest looking skylanders ever, please explain why I ended up as him in Equestria?

  • ...
17
 3
 653

Chapter Three: Companion

(Apologies for the wait, had some trouble with writers block.)

Alright we have a new chapter, huzzah! For your entertainment purpose, I have listed my fantasy of what happened when I heard the voice, and then I will tell you the reality. Enjoy!

Fantasy: I turned slowly and majestically to see the voice, striking a heroic pose when I saw the source of the voice.

Reality: I screamed and jumped off of my bone ostrich, swinging my glaive like a maniac, and saw ... a kid? (wait, we're in Equestria wouldn't that be foal? Sorry back to the story.) anyways the kid, (I mean foal.) was a unicorn, with a red coat and a black mane, and a cutie mark of a flame. On his/her (yes if you would kindly notice, I haven't verified if its a male or female yet, kindly shut up, your thinking distracts me.) Ahem, on his/her back was a ... cactus?

The cactus turned around and sprouted arms and legs, then it spoke. "Stand and deliver." my jaw dropped. (and don't pretend you did anything better when vegetation robbed you for the first time.)

"Really Cacnea?" the foal said "I though you said we were supposed to meet him not rob him."

" I know Flame Spitter, but the look on his face? PRICELESS!" Cacnea replied. Cacnea jumped off Flame Spitter's back and said " so you're the one Athena sent huh? well pleased to meet you my name is Cacnea and this is Flame Spitter. Demeter told us to meet Athena's champion here, we heard fighting and came to see if it was you."

'BUZZZZZ!"

We all looked up and saw a set of birds flying above us, the birds were strange, almost like vultures. "**** Mandibuzz" Cacnea muttered, Flame Spitter swore.

Observing their behavior I pulled out my Glaive "MASTER, MASTER,!" I flinched

"Persephone?! Where were you for the beginning of this chapter?!"

"Observing this forest, there's a coffee shop about a mile away, Here! Donuts!" a Mandibuzz swooped down and grabbed the doughnut out of my hand. I jumped on my bone ostrich and rode up a tree, then I leaped into the flock slashing them down until I got my doughnut back. I landed and saw Flame Spitter and Cacnea looking at me with gaping mouths. I looked behind me and saw a swarm of bubbles rushing at me, when they hit, a shockwave flew out of my body and sent Cacnea and Flame Spitter flying backward, I looked up and the flock of Mandibuzz was gone.

"Wow" Flame Spitter said "you must really like donuts."

"MASTER MASTER, you have successfully gained enough experience to gain the move burrow bomber, it will allow"

"Persephone, I know what burrow bomber does just tell me how to use it."

"oh, well you just tell Fright to use burrow bomber and you will use the move."

"That simple, huh?"

"EXTREMELY!"

"Persephone will you plea-"

Flame Spitter suddenly interrupted "excuse me, but what is a burrow bomber."

I glared at him, I do NOT like being interrupted, I finally said " burrow bomber is a move where i travel underground attacking my foes by waving my glaive above ground."

Cacnea spoke up " all right listen up, Demeter gave me a list of people the Gods and Goddesses have chosen, the nest one we should look for was chosen by Hephaestus god of the forge, my chart says that he should be in Manehattan about a days walk from here."

I grinned " lets get going, I would rather not run into a bunch of trolls again."

Cacnea and Flame Spitter looked confused " trolls?" they said simultaneously.

I shrugged " long story. which way to the Hephaestus dude?"

Cacnea instantly replied "west,now lets set out!"

"Hold it!" Persephone yelled " I extremely want to know who you are and who sent you!"

Cacnea grinned " well my fine fairy friend, I am Cacnea and I was sent by Demeter for the same purpose as, um, what was your name again?" he looked at me expectantly

at this point i could tell him my name was (name is omitted) ooorrrr
"my name is Fright Rider."

Cacnea looked at me and continued " well where was I, lets see, my name, sent by Demeter, same purpose as, ah! oh yes I was sent here for the same purpose as Fright Rider, this here is Flame Spitter, he was sent by Hestia, Goddess of the hearth, his purpose is the same as ours his list can only be read when he sees fire though."

I looked at him with confusion. " list? what list?"

Now Cacnea looked confused " your list, each God or Goddess presents their champion with a list for their journey."

" are you sure" I said " because I did not ge-"

a thought entered my mind I looked over at Persephone, Cacnea and Flame Spitter followed my gaze, Persephone had been trying to inch out of the clearing, but froze when we looked at her.

"Persephone," I started " is their something you would like to tell us?"

Persephone turned pink "Athena might have put a list in my memory, but if she did, which their is no proof of, i would most certainly tell you what we need to be doing."

I groaned " Persephone, I had a GUIDEBOOK, I COULD HAVE SAVED SO MUCH TIME!!!!!"

Persephone stopped for a few moments then she said something resulting in a deep and never ending desire to strangle her shoot her and bury her in a volcano.

"Look over there!".

Author's Note:

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry it took so long, but I have no idea what the length's between chapters are going to be please give positive feedback blah blah blah, end of chapter!