• Published 28th Aug 2013
  • 338 Views, 2 Comments

The Dawn t'was Crimson. - Crimson Axel



The first in a three part series entitled A Crimson Day, focuses on the early life of Ricky 'Crimson' Armor, and what led up to the creation of his massive buisness Crimson Co.

  • ...
 2
 338

Prologue

The sun shimmered slightly as it began to set behind the mountains. It cast a beautiful glow across the castle. Unfortunately everypony was too busy dealing with their prisoner reluctantly, to see her majestic sunset. She had finally stopped the Stallion known as Crimson Armor, but something still troubled her. How on earth did such a normal pony become such a terrible monster? She had to know, for it was gnawing at her mind slowly, overwhelming her. She had to know, she decided as he was led to the courtyard to get his last glimpses of Equestria before his punishment was given.

An odd request, it seemed to her. Why would a stallion who had caused as much death and suffering, be sentimental about a sunset. Though it did flatter her, that to see something she put so much effort into was what he spent his last request upon. He gazed at the sunset, a look of happyness plastered upon his features. It seemed almost unbelievable that this was the pony thousands feared, and ran from. He looked calm and serene as he stood there staring at the landscape one last time. "You always were the best at sunsets." He sighed joyfully as he sat down, a small tear falling from his eye.

"You seem as if a great time of pain has ended in your life, as if you have gained inner peace after a great storm," she said as she watched the stallion breathe slowly all the hate and anger gone from his body. He watched as the sun finally receded behind the clouds and snickered a bit. He turned to the Alicorn and sighed.

"It took my entire life to find what I trully want, now I've lost everything. I have nothing to fear, but my own mind. The tinges of my curse, so to speak, still latch hold. Soon I will be punished for my crimes, as such I am at complete peace." He stood up, and watched as luna came forth from her chambers and joined the small gathering in the courtyard. "Ah, Luna, it's a shame our first meeting is on terms such as these," the stallion said as she walked over to the others.

Luna looked over uncomfortably at Celestia, "I thought he was off his rocker, and insane. He seems more like a gentlecolt, then a monster," she whispered softly into Celestias ear. Luna then reverted her gaze back on the red stallion, no wings, no horn, nothing special about him at all. Yet here they were about to punish him for high treason. Apparently the only thing he was exceptional at was speaking, so much so that he could rally entire armies to his aid, and stop riots just by saying several words. Of course she could here it in his voice, the years of practice and work he'd put into it. Learning the nuances of language, and the ways to be charismatic.

"Ah, Luna, dear sweet princess of the night. You see there is something special about me, from the time I was born, I've been gifted with the ability of rudimentary emotional manipulation through the psychic field that flows around everypony. And yes, I don't seem the same, I have conquered my demons, but now must pay for them," he said as he stood up looking into Luna, and Celestia's exasperated faces as they understood that to some extent he could read minds.

"You seem surprised, you didn't think I was ordinary did you?" he asked a look of puzzlement across his face, and surprise lacing his tone. "And to answer your question from early, I'll gladly tell you everything. This is my last day on Equestria, I have no need of secrets anymore." He stared up into the stars and allowed his mind to drift backwards into his life. Celestia and Luna quickly shooed away the gaurds to give him some level of privacy. He closed his eyes and began to speak again, this time his voice sounding majestic, yet lonely. "It all began in Phillydelphia, the maternity ward to be exact..." he said using his base psychic abilities to present the picture in their minds.