• Published 27th Apr 2016
  • 1,160 Views, 15 Comments

A New Misson - itsjustteal



A sniper team has the mission to assassinate a high value target. Attempting the assassination, they realize its a trap. A horrid end and the two get given a second chance at life, one in a different world.

  • ...
2
 15
 1,160

Chapter 5

Rainbow Dash had floated higher into the sky, her wings beating faster than they ever had done before. She began to fly forward ever so slowly, keeping watch for whatever or whoever had made the insanely loud cracking noise. She shook her head clear and bolted forward towards the sound, but was quickly put to an end by Twilight's magic that tightly gripped her tail.

"Dash, don't!" She ordered, but Dash didn't get the hint.

"But Twilight! Don't you want to know what made that sound? No animal in the Everfree can make that sound!" She protested.

"And how would you know that?" Twilight questioned, smirking. Rainbow instantly replied.

"Seasons one through five of the Daring Doo books, of course! Nothing could have made that loud a noise, and you know it too Twilight." Rainbow shot back, putting on a smirk of her own.

"Red Hoof, send out a three stallion search party please." Twilight sighed and continued investigating the scattered metal. Some of the wreckage was still aflame, and she made sure to stay out of that area. Her eyes darted across every nook and cranny of the metal, hoping to find some clue of what it might be. Seconds later she tilted her head in confusion, as she found a strange piece of material draped over a rather large piece of metal that stuck up from the ground.

Twilight closed her eyes and illuminated her horn in a sparkly purple light and concentrated on lifting the material. When she thought the object was directly in front of her, she opened her eyes and saw nothing. Surprised, she looked to where she saw it first, to find that it was still resting there, not giving a single damn. She trotted forward and picked up the material to see that it was covered in what looked like leaves.

Not even seconds later, she felt all of her energy release form her body and she reeled back, dropping the object and falling over herself. A guard pony was quick to aid his twilight princess up, making sure she was fine. The other elements were quick to follow as well.

"What in tarnation happened?" Called out Applejack in her thick accent. Twilight started to speak, but all that came was a garbled gibberish sound. After taking a few deep breaths, she regained her composure, but only slightly.

"I-I don't know, I've never seen anything like this before!" She pointed to the strange energy stealing material. "Whatever that is, It felt like it drained all my energy! I can't even use my magic on it!" Twilight turned to Red, stumbling a bit. "Red, could you try picking it up with your sword?"

Five minutes ago...

"I don't know what the hell this thing is man! Just keep running!" Nick and Mark were a few meters ahead of me, while I was lagging behind to keep the monster/beast on my ass instead of theirs. Hearing an extremely loud roar, I instinctively turned my head around and saw the beast in a full-on sprint towards us. As I turned back, my leg caught a tree stump and I went toppling over face first into the mud as my M2 fell off its sling on my back. "Holy shit!" I yelled as the beasts whipped its pointed tail at me, missing by a few inches and embedding itself in front of my shoulder. I quickly snapped my head back towards the beast and it stared straight into my eyes. My eyes flashed before my eyes, so to speak, as I saw everything that led up to the moment. Still looking into its eyes, I saw a faint glimmer in its left eye and it turned to look at the source. I heard a soft click of metal and less than a second later, an extremely loud bang came from behind me, and the beasts head shattered into pieces!

I looked back, ears ringing, and tried to get a look at who saved my life. I blinked a few times and saw that it was Nick, holding up my fallen friend, the Barrett M82. He stood there, smiling.

"Holy shit Nick! You saved my life!" I said, getting to my feet.

"Heheh, yeah no problem." He smirked. "You realize you owe me now, right?"

I shook my head. "Whatever floats your boat." Nick handed me my gun and I slung it on my back again. "Alright, enough with that thing. Let's keep moving. Keep it low, we are on the edge of the forest."

"Roger dodger." Mark spoke up. In silence, the three of us followed the tree line until we came upon a straight dirt path. One end had gone into the forest, and we scratched that off immediately. Doing a quick scan of the area and finding nothing, I motioned to start moving inland, making sure to stay off the path so no enemy walking down it would see us.

"Sir?" Mark silently piped up.

"Go ahead." I whispered back.

"Ever take a look at the scenery? Doesn't it look a bit strange to you?" He asked.
I had us stop by a nearby bush and I looked around. Sure there were your average run of the mill trees hangin' around, but nothing seemed too off about them. But then a thought struck my mind like wildfire, which frightened me. We were in a colorful field full of the most vibrant colors, and besides that, we had a nice meet up with a manticore in the forest. Those things are supposed myths! Adding on to that, where we were stationed in Afghanistan, we were in a villa surrounded by a vast desert, no trees for miles.

I heard a grunt from behind to find that Mark had set Nick down. "Yes Mark I do believe that this landscape is insanely different than what we were previously in." I said.

"Yeah and what about that fucked up creature? I'm pretty sure that isn't supposed to exist. Just a theory though." Mark added. I was going to reply, but the snap of a twig caused all three of us to swirl in that direction. Mark rose his SAW, I rose my M4, and Nick unholstered his pistol.

Emerging from the treeline in front of us was probably the last thing we expected; three white horses with golden armor in a Roman style fashion; the helmets had a blue plume sticking out of the top. One had wings sticking out of its back while the other had a horn sticking from its forehead. One had a spear levitating above it while the others were somehow holding them with their hooves.

"Are... Those horses?" Nick said, looking up at me from his position on the ground.

"We're certainly not in Kansas anymore." Mark grunted, slightly lowering his weapon.

"What the hell?" I asked, looking at him. From what I saw they were wearing, the golden Roman style armor, they were obviously intelligent.

The horses seemed to not pay attention as they were eying our weapons and stood ground. They saw us as a threat. All three of them started yelling at us... to get on the ground? The one with the spear seemed ready to throw.

The three of us rose our weapons and started yelling as well.

{-}

Rainbow Dash ventured far off from the others and had gone closer to the edge of the forest, ignoring her princess's requests. While her mind was waging war on itself wondering what to do, it stopped when she faintly heard yelling, and lots of it. She flew a bit lower so that she was hovering just above the treeline and continued onwards with haste.

In a few moments, she was bordering the edge of the forest and could hear the yelling much more clear. She recognized some of the yelling to be from the Guard that was sent out as a search party earlier. Staying above and out of the verbal fight atop the trees, Dash had gone parallel to whoever the guards were yelling at, and, for the first time in her life, she was actually scared at what she saw.