• Published 25th Aug 2013
  • 869 Views, 30 Comments

Trinity - Nature - Ice4smaster



It all started with the wrath of nature. It always has. Four souls are trapped on a tropical island after a devastating hurricane destroys their vessels. Now, Octavia, Vinyl, Trixie, and a human named Dave are thrown into the claws of untamed...

  • ...
7
 30
 869

Echo of the defining soundless heart beat

Echo of the defining soundless heart beat

Back in the medical unit of the humans base Lyra could stretch out her stiffen limbs. Her throat was still sore due the intubation form earlier. The mint green unicorn mare felt uneasy, after all she was among new, alien creatures, and she was far from free. The medical staff did remove the restrains, but she still had a long chain cuff on her left rear leg and binding her to the large bed. She was well aware they don't mean her real harm, but it was obvious too she won't see her home any time soon either. But utmost she was worried for her love, Bon Bon, who haven't woken up yet and was lying beside her not to far off.

It was one of the first thing she asked when they finally removed the irritating, yet undoubtedly life saved plastic tube. She was relived that she is alive and just next to her, but she did have bitterness in her heart seeing her special somepony in such horrid state. Then again Lyra her self wasn't in a much better shape to began with. She was still very weak and hooked up on different medial liquids and the needle in her foreleg was all but peachy.

On the other hoof she was amazed by the sheer technology of these humans. It was plain and clear as Celestias sun, ponykind was totally primitive in comparison, as well made them even more fascinating, they achieved everything without any magic. She now wanted to learn more of these beings, and not just waste time being bored for creator knows how long until they can get home to tell the tale.

She quietly watched as Bon Bons chest slowly rise and fall in rhythm with the aid of the alien machinery, accompanied by the sound of the heart monitor beeping. With a deep sigh she turned her head now to the opposite direction where the other survivor laid. She was a pegasie mare with a bit darker, sandy yellow coat, her head was wrapped in bandages, but who observed carefully could catch a glimpse of her gray mane. She was in the worst shape among the three, as she had a serious head injury when they stumble upon her on the cruiser, fleeing for their dear life with Bon Bon. They of course did not leave the injured mare to her faith as they made way to the lifeboats. The memories of that stormy night bubbled to the surface in the form of tears. Lyra shut her eyes tight, try as she might force the tears back, and she failed miserably, and sob quietly in the dimly lit room, alone, between her love, and a stranger.

The shadowy creature speed through the thick forest, it's buzzing wings carried it with quite a speed and astonishing agility. It's eyes glowed greenish in the shady forest, without blinking at all, dead set on destination not to far ahead. The massive cave entrance was situated in a small valley at the foothills of the volcano. Well hidden from praying eyes not just by the forest and terrain, but by a smaller waterfall, spray water vapor into the air.

The small changeling flew through the water curtain in haste, right inside the pitch black cave. With practiced maneuvers navigated in the darkness as got deeper and deeper into the cavern system which now had some weak greenish light emitting from green crystals embedded to solid rock walls. Soon tell tale of buzzing echoed through the dreadful place as got closer to the heart of the hidden hive.

From the dark passage the lone changeling emerged into a massive cavern, once filled with molten rock, now instead filled with the predatory changeling swarm. Lit by massive green crystals, the walls covered in different kind of organic pods, some contain creatures, ponies, gryphons, minotaurs, zebras, others contain growing changeling drones, all different types. Some smaller with out horn, simple workers, then the drone soldiers with wings and raged horn. Then the largest, the juggernauts, towering changeling breed dwarfing even the largest of the minotaurs, with easily twice the size. Fewer in numbers but far more important, hive mothers, with strength and control of the queen herself, yet perfectly enslaved to her omnipotent will over the changeling swarm. Then the most disgusting and numerous, miniature nerve parasite. The new evolved changeling swarm, all grew in their pods while some of the first newborn attend to the rest along side the old drones, whose slowly die out, from sheer hunger, yet work until they perished. Their corpses collected in by tentacle beasts, pets of the bug like equines, digest the fallen, and nourish the yet unborn generation.

At the center stood a massive tower, host the largest green crystal, covered in veins of biomass, veins that run through the whole cursed place, feed the tartarus spawns with the raw natural energy it possessed. And at the very tip of this monumental crystal rest the most important pod, floating in it's flustering fluids, non other, then Queen Chrysalis.

Her eyes closed, asleep, dreaming, dreaming the sweetest nightmares her wrenched mind conceive as a large green crystal grew in her chest, pure and sharp, glowing bright, once her black heart pumped. The changeling queen was going through a painful transformation, in pursuit to reach godhood, to become immortal like her swore enemies, the alicorn princesses.

The Queen turned abomination of nature cracked her eyes open, green light emitting, green flames flickered from her eyes, boiling the disgusting fluid she was floating in. Slowly, a truly disturbing expression creped on her face, small ripples of sheer pain ran through face as an airy, morbid, sadistic smile formed.

All living things in her vicinity, inside the massive cave trembled in fear, eyes of the unborn changelings shot open and shone in perfect unison with the other, tending members of the swarm. Tears began leaking from the cocooned victims as they too cracked their eyes open. All deafen by the soundless laughter of the soon reborn, awoken queen. Echoed through the minds and shattered all lingering free will, silenced all pleas for mercy be it for death, or freedom. This was the moment she has been waiting for, longing for so long, the start of the new age of the changelings. Now fed, powered by the very natural energies encompass the whole world around them. Fuelled by blood thirst, desire to rule over all, kill of the weak, and feed upon their corpses. The Queen of the changelings already flavored the sweet taste of vengeance and victory in her mouth as the massive cristal underneath her, and the one in her chest, began pulse, like a new heart with an immense outburst of energy.

Confused ponies, all lined up and staring in silence, was all reflected in huge, regal pink eyes of Celestia. The princess of the sun was frozen in the midst of her speech atop a podium, as she became impossibly paler by the second. As a long, painful moment stretched even longer, her very heart forgot to beat, skipping beats by the dozen for nearly a minute from utter fear that washed over her. She felt a ripple in the manna space, as the natural energies came to life and carry the soul resonance of one being, a being she knew, and now she feared. The wrenched Queen of the Changelings. She couldn't tell where this sudden and fleeing power surge emerged, but terrified her to the very core. All other thoughts banished into the depths of her mind as with a few slow sway she regained her self. The meaty organ prisoned in her ribcage began beat frantically, partly to make up for the idle time it been frozen, and partly to flee, run for dear life, away from the creeping, bad omen that just jolt her.

The crowd of ponies looked up at her, they saw a Celestia they have never seen before. They were horrified by the sight, and none less confused about what could strike their beloved ruler in the middle of her speech regarding the tragic events transpire few days ago.

Guards who finally broke free from the shock and rushed over to the alabaster alicorn to support their shaken ruler. They frantically questioned Celestia what have happened just now, is she alright or should they call the doctors. Soon the entire room was filled with panic as the princess been escorted to safety, and in the wake of this sudden sudden incident more questions arose.

Back in the human base, the operators as well the present senior officers were stunned. Their eye in the sky picked up a massive energy signature, one they did detect before but was mere ambient, background energy, a bit similar to the one they discovered before, possessed by the ponies. In their mind they could only compare the energy spike magnitude to a small tactical nuke been detonated. And the origin of the signature was the island where the first rescue has been sent. Despite all this, all other readings been normal, was perfectly natural and devoid from any anomaly. Uneasiness covered the room, and soon enough the General spoke up.

“I want that team return. Now!”

Author's Note:

And enter the villian, Chrysalis will cause lot of grief to anything, anypony, and anyone that is not a changeling, in more ways than before. And as you can imagine this will make the ponies quite jumpy. Stay tuned for more to come ;)

Feed the Queen with love and obidiance noa! XD

As well new cover image, untill i can get an even better one, commissioned for this story.