• Published 19th Aug 2013
  • 520 Views, 6 Comments

Awoken - FrozenConstellation



When a worker at the Cloudsdale Weather Corporation named Seeder realizes he has done wrong, his epiphany allows him to try and break out of the factory in order to redeem himself in the society outside of the factory.

  • ...
7
 6
 520

Paralogue

Paralogue

The world was dark.
Momentarily, I was confused. But when I opened my eyes again I merely saw darkness. I recall nothing to how I came here. In the distance, a light grows. I turn my head towards it, and begin to walk, curious to what it was.

I walk.

And walk.

For a long time I walk in a world as dark as ink, the only promising path in which I could see was the pinprick of light far, far away. The world hums. Quietly, but gradually the notes grow discordant, clashing against one another. But the circle of light in the distance does not grow.

I cover my ears because I can take the sound no more. The highest notes have turned into screams, and there seemed to be red tainting my vision. I blinked, and it grows redder still. Tears flow out of eyes. I wipe them away in frustration.
As my hooves come away from my face the sight of them stops me. Blood red runs down the gray fur. My tears were tears of blood. I gape at my bloodied hooves, shocked.

When I look up, I noticed the light far off had grown. I concentrate. Suddenly, I am rushing into it, and find myself falling. Flailing, I make an attempt to fly but no avail. And then the dead come.
Images swirl around. Ponies are killed, murdered. The machine swallows them all.
Suddenly, I am whisked into the mouth of the machine. I tumble down, and fall into a hard bottom. Surprisingly it does not hurt at all. I stomp on the ground, and feel nothing, only a slight numbness.

Around me souless eyes bore into my skull. A stab of guilt and pain hits me as a stream of light slowly reveals I have seen all these foals pass before me to their death. And I have done nothing to stop it.

They close in. I feel nothing, not even fear, only guilt.

Before me, their faces fade into nothingness, and I fall through the floor.
I yelp, and try to fly once more. But all around, everything has turned into a blur of gray, growing darker and darker as I fall ever faster.

Then black. The wind is gone. I float and try to remember why I regret my choice.

What choice?

The world flashes as I search my head; I find I do not remember.

Author's Note:

So this is my first fanfic >.< I''m looking for an editor, so if anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated.
Anyhow, all comments and criticism are welcomed ~