• Published 13th Aug 2013
  • 1,453 Views, 58 Comments

Falling Stars - guitarguyjoe



Fluttershy was up late one night caring for her animals, when she noticed a falling star. She made a wish to meet her very special somepony. Little did she realize that the star was heading for her cottage, and that it wasn't a star, it was a po

  • ...
5
 58
 1,453

Chapter 4: Fastest in Equestria?

We were heading down a dirt path to yet another unknown location to me. It had been awkwardly quiet the whole trip since Rarity's, so I decided to break the ice.

"So what town are we in" I asked the yellow mare beside me.

"We were in Ponyville but now we're headed to a place called Sweet Apple Acres" she explained.

I was prepared to ask her about her friends when I heard this high pitch shrieking sound. I looked around to try and find the source, but saw nothing. The sound then began to get louder as I heard a faint yell scream "Look out below!" I then looked to the source and saw a pegasis heading straight for Fluttershy.

On instinct I shoved Fluttershy out of the way just before the pegasis crashed into me. I was knocked back a good couple of feet before I realized that this pegasis had an unusual multicolor mane and a sky blue coat.

I stood up with the pegasis still on my back and proceeded to nudge her to make sure she was ok. She opened her eyes to see where she was as I smirked and said "Well good morning sunshine"

She immediately proceeded to get off me as she apologized "Sorry I kinda lost control during my last stunt". She then saw who I was with hiding behind a bush.

"So what's your name" inquired the pegasis.

"Fallen Star" I stated "and your's"

"I'm Rainbow Dash, fastest flyer in Equestria!" She proudly proclaimed. I chuckled at this statement as she glared at me. "You don't believe me?" She angrily asked.

I then looked her dead in the eyes and stated "There is always gonna be someone faster so don't claim anything until you are for sure". At this she stood there mouth agape as I then asked Fluttershy to lead the way to Sweet Apple Acres.

We walked 5 feet when I was stopped by a certain pegasis that did not seem happy. She glared at me and said "Race. Now." in a very serious tone.

"Where to." I state in a very calm tone.

She points to a tree in the distance "Around that tree and back"

I nodded as I asked Flutter shy to begin the count down.
"R-Ready. S-Set. G-G-GO!" We both blasted off at blinding speed.

From Rainbow's POV

She wasn't gonna let this stallion show her up. She would put him in his place for talking to her like that. As she heard "GO!" She flew faster than she ever had before almost causing a Sonic Rainboom at the very start. She had now rounded the tree and was on her way back. "I got this in the bag" she thought as she landed she shouted "So, who's the fastest in equsetria?"

"Not you" she heard as she looked to see Fallen Star sitting in a tree drinking some lemonade.

She couldn't believe what she saw. The closest place for a drink was Sweet Apple Acres and that was at least three times the distance between here and the tree.

She had been beaten at her own game and had great damage to her pride. The stallion then gave her a look of compassion and stated " Just so you know, I'm not the fastest either" and with that he left with Fluttershy toward Sweet Apple Acres.

Author's Note:

I know I will probably get some angry comments about how Rainbow Dash will always be the fastest in Equestria, but in my personal opinion, I think she needed a shot to the pride. Anyway as usual leave a comment on what you think and any ideas for the story.
Sincerely-GG Joe