• Published 14th Sep 2013
  • 755 Views, 6 Comments

Lipo - SanityCheck8080



Stories without the letter i.

  • ...
0
 6
 755

E

Dash was scared. She had been to the doctor before, but not the sort that stood over her, seemed to have a need to observe her. Judge her. Dash could see every pore on her face, every crease no doubt earned from the successful torture of another patron. Dash was at the eye doctor.

"How you see should not be taken as a joke. To have blurry eyes earns you the rewards of a fall down a deep hole, or onto a structure not yet completed. A fatal wound could be very probable, and very much so for a pegasus such as yourself." Blah blah blah. She had no use for glasses. They would just get bothersome. She gave up currency to the pony at the counter, then went on her way.

She had some chores to complete. Up front, a walk to the store was mandatory. She checked the paper that had her needed objects scrawled on. She looked at the many rows of grocery bag stuffers. Vegetables and healthy stuff that comes from trees. Dash had no eagerness to contemplate trees, so she moved on. Shampoo. She glanced up and pronounced her mane to be clean enough, and went further down the paper. She had a half full bag of turtle food (the alternate brand seemed not to be real, and she was the only one who knew what he ate anyway) at home already, so good there. Garden tools...

Forget that. She grabbed some Ramen Noodles and checked out, content at the slam of the unneeded metal cart as she added one to the rows of them, ready for new shoppers.

On her way out she saw Applebloom and company. The frown that adorned the face of none other than Scootaloo turned around at a glance of Dash. After manes had been ruffled, she went on her way, her mood enhanced greatly after her moment among the young three. The sun of a royal pegasus who also donned a horn began to set at that moment. Home was Dashs' next stop.

One word to represent Dashs' house: comfy. No wonder, as clouds made up all parts. There were perks to have to come home to a house above all else. Excellent panorama, cool breezes, not one pesky pony next door. She had only fallen once, and was able to catch herself pretty fast and fly back up. Other than the embarrassment, no harm was done. After what she thought to be an elegant chow of noodles eaten by use of a spork, she yawned. Droopy eyes caused the bed to reckon to her, to call "Dash! Dash! Look at these warm blankets, these soft lumps of feathers to lay your head on! Come to me!". Sleep sounded good. She went to bed.


Dash wasn't one of those select few that could wake up no problem. After an extended groan that went on for a couple dozen seconds, there was a poof as she rolled out of bed and smacked down on to the cloud floor. There she lay for several moments before the prospect of breakfast brought her to her hooves. Haycakes topped by syrup would do just great. Her tongue danced across her mouth.

Breakfast was uneventful, except for when she knocked her coffee onto the floor. Dropped cups here were very bad news, as color could blotch the snow hued clouds. She usually was not one to have coffee early anyway, so such an event could have turned her off of the stuff forever, had she cared about a dark spot on the floor. Fortunately, such a spot concerned her not.

She wondered what was on the agenda today. Her head drew a blank. To celebrate her apparently empty schedule, she resolved to go and fly. So she went.

The breeze felt awesome, as breezes tend to do, and she loved every second of her escapade from her supposed cell on the ground, and even her house. She had today off, she was thankful for, and had plans to spend her break well. To her, that meant she would be concerned by absolutely not one event. Just fly. Just follow the flow.

On second thought, her speed was a tad overdone let her to relax. Her travel speed was faster than any cart had ever gone, let alone a pony on hoof. Presently, she grazed the treetops of the Everfree forest. She would have to go up to prevent a crash.

Much better. Among the clouds, any worry starts to float away. She slowed down to nearly a halt, and watched the clouds, comparable to the ocean, below her. She became amazed by the way they rocked back and forth, not a care under the sun. What a joy. She felt sorry for those of the earth and those who sported a horn. They would never truly feel the oxygen heavy stuff touch feathers. They would never learn that a clouds' taste does not resemble cotton candy at all. Actually, that was an advantage. Let them dream.

Break ends here, Dash settled, and resolved to try some stunts. Loop-the-loop, Chandelle, Combat Spread, Pugachev's Cobra, Barrel Roll. The usual. All went smoothly. Then the clouds started to pour. She wasn't covered by water (she was above the clouds, after all), but she would be challenged should she want to get down. Or she could just stay up here as long as the storm went on. Nah.


One battered hoof and several bandages later, she was at her house. Success! Sort of. Well, she wasn't dead, so that was a good status. At least she'd learned a valuable lesson about... Uhhhhhh. Always carry an umbrella? That sounded good to her. The clock read one forty seven. Good enough moment to take a nap as any! At that, she flopped down onto the couch, not even bothered enough to get to the bed. After a nasty thought about bedbugs, and a lullaby sang only to herself, she fell asleep.