• Published 13th Aug 2013
  • 1,243 Views, 3 Comments

Pony Heart-Break - Tythen



Flash Sentry had a nightmare about a Draconequus going around and breaking up couples then proceeding to run into Flash. Of course, it was just a dream. Or was it? This is a pony version of the GBA game Hamtaro Ham-Ham Heartbreak.

  • ...
12
 3
 1,243

Chapter 3: Heartbroken!?

Heartbroken!?

Flash drove out of the pier and reversed the boat to the dock where the peach unicorn was. The peach unicorn came up to Flash and said "I saw you drive that boat! That is totally fantastic!" She said spinning 360 degrees then jumping into the air with a pose. Flash recoded the action and replied

"I actually couldn't have done it without your help on how to move the boat." Complimenting her.

"Aww thanks! You're too kind! So you've found the Princess! Its an honour to make your acquaintance Princess Sparkle!" The unicorn thanked and bowed down to Twilight.

"Oh no, the pleasure is all mine knowing someone who helped rescue me!" Twilight replied blushing.

"Well, then, see you around!" Flash said and waved goodbye. As Flash and Twilight came back to the bridge, the rod that was removed by Flash was now replaced with another log. "Thanks Princess Celestia!" Flash prayed as he crossed the first log before helping Twilight across. When they reached the other side, Twilight asked

"Why are we going back up the mountain again when we can just use to boat to reach Rarity easily?"

"Rarity is in a hard to reach spot right? We don't know how to reach her, luckily, I know two ponies who can and they can teach us!" Flash answered and pointed to the two ponies on top of each other eating apples from the tree. As they approached the apple eating ponies, Flash got their attention.

"What? What? What?" The blue and pink pony said in unison looking around then turning to Flash.

"Well now! You actually did go and find yourself a special partner! You are such a lucky pony to become partners with 'the' Princess Twilight Sparkle!" The Pink one said amazed and bowed to Twilight.

"Actually, I just became her personal bodyguard so there's nothing special" Flash replied blushing

"Well, a bodyguard is still a partner anyway! So as I promised, I will teach you our secret, our action!" The blue pony said and as the pink pony jumped off, both ponies demonstrated the piggyback action again. This time, Flash was able to record the action and memorised it with Twilight.

"This is a very useful action so you may be using it often!" The pink pony concluded and both went back to devouring the apple tree.

The Princess and her loyal guardspony headed back to the boat. Flash started the boat engine and the two drove off to the waterfall. During the trip, Twilight enjoyed the windy breeze flowing into her face and hair, to prevent her from flying out of the boat, she wrapped her front legs around Flash's body and held on to him
"Huh, what?" Flash noticed Twilight Sparkle cuddling him

"Oh don't mind me! Just drive." Twilight replied and snuggled even closer to him as Flash turned his attention back to driving the boat.
Flash took a stop on a mini-pier where the path of land leads to a small rainbow, at the end of the rainbow, there was no pot of bits to be seen. It was just a rock but he inspected it and picked it up nonetheless

"Rocks can be useful" he said. Once reaching the same mini pier the boat was tied to, Flash docked the boat and both jumped out meeting the pony who was looking for the swan-shaped training seat.

"Oh! So you found the girl you were looking for? That's good. Oh! Pardon me! You were looking for the Princess! However, I'm still looking for that seat... Oh! Can you help me here? Is it ok if you can help me look for a training seat my sister lost? I'll look here, try looking somewhere else." Flash and Twilight nodded, they always like to help other people! Flash and Twilight climbed the vines up to the platform halfway up the waterfall where Rarity was.

"Ok Twilight, remember how those other ponies did it?" Flash instructed "You just have to jump on to me and get Rarity's attention when you're on me."

"Let's hope this works Flash!" Twilight replied. Flash readied himself to take on any weight and Twilight jumped on top of Flash performing the Piggyback successfully.

"Rarity! Nice to see you!" Twilight greeted getting her attention.

"Huh? Oh! Twilight darling!" Rarity replied and continued "I'm feeling depressed. Will you listen to my story?"

"I will do any for a friend so yes!" Twilight said Putting her front hooves on her head performing the yes action and Rarity started her story

"It's... It's about Spike, he doesn't like me anymore." and sighed

"What? That is definitely not true at all! I know Spike and he will always like you. Why don't you come down and talk? Flash can't support me forever!" Twilight replied.

"Well...ok." Rarity agreed. Twilight moved her hooves up to the platform Rarity was on to allow Rarity to climb down Twilight and Flash. Twilight jumped off Flash giving him some relief for his back. Rarity continued her story "Apparently, Spike likes looking at gems more than he likes looking at me. At least, that's what I HEARD he said... No offence but you have such a lousy assistant Twilight. I wonder if Spike even like me at all..." She finished her story and sighed.

"All right Flash, have you seen Spike when you were trying to rescue me?" Twilight questioned and Flash nodded in agreement. "What was he doing?"

"Last time I checked, he was crying about you Rarity, he had no idea what was going on and accepted the 'fact' that you were mad at him and so he is very upset and sad." Flash answered and mimicked the action that Spike taught him.

"Really? Spike is sad? Bu...but he's been really distant from me lately... I don't think he wants me around." Rarity said with surprise

"Oh, I really think you're mistaken" Twilight replied "I know Spike very much and he wouldn't say such a thing to you! Spike was out looking for gems for you Rarity, all for you!"

"Really darling? Do you actually think so? But he said he would rather look at gems than see my face! I know it because this weird mix up of different animals told me all about it! Why would anyone lie like that? If what you say is true, then I have to go to apologise to Spike then!" As tears welled up in Rarity's eyes and bowed her head in apology. Flash recorded the action as Rarity started the walk to Spike.

"Come on Flash! I'm worried to so lets go check on Spike!" Twilight said and both followed Rarity. However, when going across the mountain, Flash accidentally stopped on top of a newspaper lying on the ground. As luck have it, it belonged to that same pony who owned the Handkerchief!

"You again! You dare step on another one of my belongings! This time you are stepping on my Newspaper, N-E-W-S-P-A-P-E-R! It's mine, give it back!" He said and yanked the Newspaper below Flash's feet tripping him up this time. "Will you ever learn not to ride on other people's things! You are so inconsiderate! You don't deserve to be travelling with the Princess! Sheesh!" The pony stormed off without bowing to Twilight.

"*Sigh* I really need to stop stepping on things" Flash regretfully said picking himself up and dusting off the dirt from his fur."

"Well, that guy shouldn't have responded like that." Twilight said comforting Flash and cheering him up. "Let's hurry up to Spike and Rarity!"


When they reached the clear area of the mountain, Spike noticed them.
"Flash! Twilight! Thank you so much! Thanks to you, Rarity and I are back together again!" Spike said with gratidude
"Tee hee... I apologised, and he forgave me. Now we can have small talk again!" Rarity said whispering something into Spike's ear then Spike whispering something into Rarity's ear and Flash recorded the Small Talk action.

"That makes me blush! Oh! I almost forgot! Rarity, I got this especially for you!" Spike remembered and gave a very large Amethyst to Rarity. "It's the largest gem I could ever find that matches your beautiful mane! Do you like it?" Spike asked,

"Spike..." Rarity whispered for everyone to hear with her eyes shining due to the reflection of the sun and continued "Thank you, that's the Spike... That I'm crazy about!" Rarity cried with glee as she blushed. Spike went incredibly red as soon as he heard those words.

"C...C...Crazy?! Did you say crazy!?!? About me!?!?!? I'm so...so... Happy! Yahoo!! Hip Hip Hooray!!!" Spike screamed with joy jumping up and down.

"Aww... Come on stop. You are just saying that." Rarity said. As Spike stopped jumping, both he and Rarity looked at each other with care and happiness. 2 broken halves of a heart appeared on top of their heads. One on Spike and the other on Rarity. The two halves moved toward each other and as they touch, the heart flashed a couple number of times becoming one whole heart again and then enlarged engulfing Spike, Rarity, Twilight and Flash. The love meter Flash dug up in the barracks floated gracefully in front of Twilight and Flash. Two magical sparks created by the large heart surrounded the love meter and rotated around it creating a little volume of liquid in it. The heart then started shrinking to its original size ending up as one plump red heart of love floating above between Spike and Rarity: Spike and Rarity are back together. Their love for each other has been saved! Flash and Twilight nodded at each other, brohoofed and holding the position of their hooves till touching, moved their hooves and turned their heads to one side and swung their hooves along with their heads straight to the other side in a triumphant symmetrical pose.

"I'm so glad that we can help!" Twilight cheerfully said "Well Flash, let's head back to the barracks." Flash nodded and both of them made the walk back to the teleporter. But then, a dreadful but classy voice rang out

"Arrrgh!!! What have you done, pfpfpfpfth?" And a Draconequus came charging and barging into Flash knocking him out, the Draconequus continued "You just put them back together... when they were oh so perfectly unhappy!! You dare unbreak the hearts I broke!? I will not be undone pfpfth! No one ever crosses claws, paws, hooves or whatever with the Great Discord pfpfth! I am the spirit of Chaos! The destroyer of harmony! The sworn enemy of Cosmos... I mean the Princesses, especially you Princess Twilight! What fun is there in this folly called love? I will continue to crush and shatter all your ponies witted love and control the land of Equestria with chaos and hate pfpfpfh... Bwah ha ha ha haaaaaaaa! Now that you know what my plans are, I advise you to keep your noses out of my business unless you want to witness my power pfpfpfpfpfpfpfpfth!!!!" And with that, he stormed off.

"What?... Who?...Why? Discord is back? No It can't be!" Twilight shockingly stammered and started to panic wildly "This is just terrible! He's going to destroy the love between all ponies!" Twilight panicked even further then grabbed the unconscious Flash and shook him to try and wake him up "No! No! NO!" Cried Twilight holding Flash harder and shaking him even further. "Not us Flash Sentry! We will always have love!" Twilight said ,putting her hooves on her mouth with her eyes closed and made a blow kiss opening her eyes which gleamed like the sun twice (the blow kissing). "Right Flash?" She questioned after preforming the action and continuing to shake Flash.

"Wah...Wai...WHAT!?" The sentence that left Twilight's mouth immediately woke up Flash in shock and terror. He just looked at Twilight still clutching him and blushed. He stood up so Twilight would stop shaking him then the Code of Actions popped out radiating the blue aura. As the book opened, it recorded the action... Of love! As the book closed, Flash looked up with an unimpressed look on his face then turned and glared at the Princess who put her hooves over her mouth.

"This is serious but before we need to do anything else, we should head back to the barracks now! Come Flash! Your Princess needs you!" Twilight jested. Flash, was still not amused but followed Twilight back to the teleporter.


Flash and Twilight stepped from the teleporter into the Barracks where Shining Armor welcomed them.

"You're finally back Twiliy! I've been waiting for you so long! Well done for a mission complete Flash, just what I'd expect from a lieutenant of mine. Fall out and await further orders." As Shining dismissed Flash, he continued "Now Twilight, I heard from Princess Celestia that you were investigating something in Rainbow Plains, what did you find?"

"Well...ummm, the atmosphere was really different there, most of the magic is nullified and is powerful enough to nullify even mine! It also negated the Pegasi's ability to fly!" Twilight explained "But that's not all!"

"Well... What actually happened?" Shining asked in confusion to his sister's panic

"Actually, there was... and so... and that's that." Twilight explained

"I see... Wait, what?!? Discord the Dragonequus? The spirit of Chaos? The man once known as Garland?... Oh wait, sorry about that, I've been playing to much on my Haystation Portable. But the Draconequus? A mix-up of animals? Wanting to destroy love? That sounds really serious. Hey! That's just like Flash's dream!" Shining exclaimed and Flash looked up while he was helping some soldiers build something. Flash walked up to his Captain and Shining continued "So you saw it coming then? Actually, that doesn't really help now. What do we have to do?"

"Well, sir, you are the Captain." Flash answered leaving Shining in dire straits

"Uh... Chain of Command! What do you think sis?" Shining quickly asked her sister

"Hey! I'm new to this Princess job all right? I don't know what to do!" Twilight addressed keeping her cool. During this argument, the three didn't notice somepony stepping out of the teleporter, a Pink Alicorn creeped up behind Twilight and spoke

"I see, tee hee...! Why hello dear Shining and Twilight! Oh and you too Flash!" The Three was shocked and immediately turned around.

"Princess Cadence!" Flash exclaimed and bowed to her with Shining doing the same.

"Oh Hello Dear..." Shining said to his wife as he approached her and kissed her cheek

"Cadence!" Twilight exclaimed as she went to nuzzle her sister-in-law.

"Lets see... um, greetings!" Princess Cadence said "Is that right? I'm new to learning the soldiers code of actions Princess Celestia put up you see. Anyhoo, I'm here in this part of Equestria on an confidential mission but I stopped by just to see my two favourite people of all time: My dear husband and sister-in-law!" Princess Cadence chuckled

"Anyway dear, what were you looking for? Perhaps I and some of the soldiers could lend a hand." Shining asked to know what Cadence's mission was.

"Well yes, I'm here to chase down that annoying draconequus named Discord. He's been interfering with love again!"

"WHAT!?" The three exclaimed startling Cadence and Flash explained "that's actually who we are talking about right now!"

"Oh! So it appears that you have met him did you? Broken out of his stone prison and he decides to wreck love this time! Ooh! It really steams me up! I'm sick and tired of it! I really need to rest but I'm afraid that Discord would get ahead and break more bonds of love and that would create a very nasty field of sorrow and unhappiness which would limit the magic of a unicorn and take away a pegasus' ability to fly!" Flash and Twilight's face went ashen and Cadence noticed "Oh dear! It seems you have experienced this curse."

"Encountered it in Rainbow Plains. I went to investigate, I got trapped and Flash saved me." Twilight explained and smiled at Flash who looked the other way.

"Hmm..." Cadence thought awhile then came up with an idea "Shining? Do you know where you put that love meter I gave you?"

"Princess Cadence, Don't you mean this thing?" Flash Sentry managed to speak out despite holding the love meter.

"Ah yes! Let me see it!" As Cadence magically held the meter. "Twilight, I have a favour to ask... whenever you heal a broken heart, this meter will fill up with energy of love and so I want you to collects lots of energy. With it, I know we can defeat Discord this time! I'm pooped chasing him now so its up to you to stop him! For me and the love in Equestria, oh and something good happens when you fill it up to the top!" Cadence addressed Twilight giving the Love Meter back to Flash.

"All right then, actually I just need to get my friends and the Elements Of Harmony and then we can take him down! Its just that I don't know lots about your Love Meter so I'm not sure if that will pose a threat to Discord."

"Unfortunately Twilight, that is not an option because your friends if I saw correctly, seem to have fallen to Discord's Heartbreaking scheme. They've got broken hearts currently in their mind right now and unhappy to do anything. Its your job to save them and other couples." Princess Cadence said sadly

"But I just can't do it alone! Well, I've got my..."

"That's who I want you to go with." Cadence interrupted with a smile. "Your 'personal guardspony' Flash Sentry"

"What! But how did you know?" Twilight gasped as did her brother, Flash just rolled his eyes.

"Twiliy, when did you assign my Finest Lieutenant to become your bodyguard?" Flash asked sternly

"Princess' orders Captain." Flash answered in defence of Twilight

"Shining dear, Twilight knows what she's doing and she's old enough to make her own decisions as a Princess. Besides, she's trusts Flash and I trust him too, you should also put trust in him since he is your Right-Hand soldier!" Cadence explained glancing by Flash to give him a wink since she knows that Flash piped up in defence of Twilight.

"Sir, just to let you know, I apply to anyone's orders if they are for the right cause so I am fine with being her bodyguard." Flash continued making Twilight blush.

"...All right then. Twiliy, I want you to stay safe and keep close to Flash at all times. Flash, I want you to take extra care of my sister because if you don't... I will see to it right away." Shining Armor warned

"*Gulp* Yes sir!" Flash put his front leg up in salute.

"Okay then dears! I'll be waiting here with Shining so... Ah! A second floor, is that the resting quarters? I'll be catching a few Zs up there and tracking where Discord goes. Until then, Toodle-loo dears!" And with that, she trotted up to the resting quarters.

"Okay, umm... anyway, the concert hall and photo booth is complete so if you two want to pop by and dance or take a photo, feel free to! With my permission of course." Shining Armor said "Looks like this love saving business Cadence talked about is up to you two. Don't fail!"

"Don't worry BBBFF! Flash and I will prevail!" Twilight cheered and both Flash and Twilight walked to the teleporter heading for Rainbow Plains. Shining then walked upstairs to where Cadence was.

"All right dear, what are you planning?" Shining asked suspiciously.

"Oh come on Shining! Don't you see it already? Your sister really needs a Coltfriend and your Lieutenant is the best match for her!" Cadence chuckled. Shining Armor grumbles

"This is not good..." He thought.

Author's Note:

So Guys, I'm currently doing exams so I won't be writing for a while.

See If you can Find the reference to Final Fantasy: Dissidia!

Stay tuned though!