• Published 21st Apr 2012
  • 991 Views, 9 Comments

Travels in Limbo - DarkPinkie



Twilight has invented a new spell to help Applejack to grow new trees quickly... you know the drill.

  • ...
 9
 991

A Blurry Existence

Travels in Limbo

Chapter one: A Blurry Existence

Pinkie Pie felt numb. Everything around her had become colorless, everything but Twilight. Her ears did not seem to work properly either as all she could hear was a low ringing sound.

Pinkie could see her friends worried faces, but something was off, they were moving way too quickly.

Not much later they all left in a gallop. They were all gone in the blink of an eye.

Pinkie looked over at Twilight. The purple pony still standing still in her immense focus maintaining the spell. The world around them seemed to move at a increased pace. Gaining more speed every moment.

Pinkie just sat there as a few days seemed to pass within the matter of minutes. Anything moving around them had now turned into blurs. Pinkie saw her friends faces again for just a split second. They looked sad and like they were crying.

The speed of the world continued to pick up, and soon very many days passed in no time at all. The almost instantaneous swap between day and night forced Pinkie to close her eyes. Much alike how anypony would close or shield their eyes if somepony was flashing at them with a flashlight.

Suddenly it all stopped. It stopped ringing in her ears, and so did the blinking light. Feeling also returned to Pinkies body, and she dared to open her eyes. What she saw made a gasp escaped her. Twilight was laying in front of her, unconscious.

- - - - - - -

I woke up with a audible gasp. a couple of coughs managed to escape my throat. Where am I? Looking around did not help much, it was pitch black. The only thing I know of my surrounding is the bed I sitting in. The air is also kinda dry and a little heavy to breathe.

I begun using my magic in a try to light up my surrounding, no magic came. Alright try again... Nothing. Third time's the charm! I got my reward in the form of a splitting headache, but still no magic.

While calming down my hurting head a yawn escaped me. "If I'm already in a bed i might as well go back to sleep." I muttered before leaning back and was instantly rewarded with blissful sleep.

- - - - - - -

Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Pinkies mind were naught more than a jumbled mess of half broken thoughts. Twilight was laying in front of her, unmoving. A quick glance over her shoulder told pinkie it was close to sunset already.

What to do? What to do!? As she tried to cope with the current situation Pinkie ran around the spot aimlessly at speeds that would make Rainbow Dash jealous. Her mind still unable to form coherent sentences longer than three words.

A few moments later her frantic pacing was stopped by her running into a large tree that had seemed to come from nowhere. Stars where now spinning around her vision. Pinkie shook her head, yet the stars were still there. She chuckled and collected them with her hooves. "These will look perfect as decoration for my next nightmare night party."

As Pinkie put away the stars in her mane a glance returned once again to the unconscious Twilight. The sun was going down and it was getting darker already. She needed to bring Twilight somewhere safe. But where? Suddenly the last uncollected star lit up. "Fluttershy wouldn't have anything against us staying at her home for the night." It would be like one of those slumberparties, and anything that is named party is my special talent.''

Lifting Twilight on top of her back she set out for Fluttershy's cottage.

- - - - - - -

I awoke with a groan. Sitting up in the bed and rubbing my eyes. Unlike last time when it had been to dark to see, this time it was light enough. Even if it was still quite dark.

The reason for the darkness seemed to be the fact that the room's windows had been boarded with planks, only allowing tiny strands of light into the room.

I looked around inside the room. The bed i was sitting in was fairly large, it would easily accommodate for two sleeping ponies. Against the right wall next to the window was a dresser.

Against the left wall was a large wardrobe along with a full body mirror with some papers taped to it.

Straight in front of me the wall sported some stairs leading down, and a door, that had been boarded shut. There also seemed to be a old rug on the floor. It was also very dusty. It appears somepony have skipped out on cleaning duty...

As I moved out of bed, my eyes locked on to the stairs leading downstairs. I need to figure out where I am. As slowly made my way through the room, I passed the mirror and my gaze came to rest on the notes taped on it. It was a couple of news articles. As I read them my eyes grew wide.

Yesterday two young mares was reported missing. The mares Twilight Sparkle and Pinkie Pie had been together with their friends suddenly vanished in a flash. If you have any information about their whereabouts contact the authorities.

My eyes moved on to the next one.

The search for the mares Twilight Sparkle and Pinkie Pie that went missing five years ago have stopped and they have now been officially sentenced dead.

Five years, we have been missing for five years... or more. As my thoughts started spinning, In the corner of my eye I noticed a small piece of paper that seemed to have fallen of the mirror. Written on it was only one sentence.

We miss you.

Author here. I like writing this two chapters really much, but I need to ask you people, do anyone of you know how to fight procrastination? (and yes I will keep referring to things left and right.)

Thank you for reading. Rights go to the respective right holders... I kinda don't really care that much about it.