• Published 30th Jul 2013
  • 323 Views, 0 Comments

The search for her Heart. - Porqupine



Sequel to 'The Darkness in my Heart'. Fluttershy has left her home after learning that her special somepony is still alive. Will her search pay off in the end, or will she be dissapointed and left behind, broken by a memory?

  • ...
 0
 323

Chapter 2: Good Riddance

The Search for her Heart

Chapter 2: The Imprisonment

Written by: Porqupine

DISCLAIMER: This is a non-profit fanbased work of prose. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is the property of Hasbro and the reinvention of the lovely Lauren Faust. No copyright infringement is intended, please support the official release.

(Disclaimer by Andrew J. Talon. No copyright infringement is intended)



"Rainbow Dash no!" Twilight screams as the cyan pegasus charges at the creature before us.

The creature is absolutely massive, a colossal entity of darkness which has taken refuge in Lightning Dash's former lair. Before Rainbow even gets close she is reflected by a wall of dark magic, a forcefield created using the hate and anger of all beings. This thing before us was vengeance itself.

"C'mon girls, get yourselves together." Twilight now pleads as hate seems to fill us all. All except me that is. I cannot hate. I am physically unable to hate anything. Of course I can get annoyed by something but I will never hate. The amulet in my necklace starts glowing the more I think about my feelings for everything that is living, and my love for all creatures of the forest. I can feel that the girls are affected by it too, relieving them from the dark fog that was slowly settling in on them.

"Thanks Flutters!" Applejack says as she realizes what was going on.

"Uhm, it's okay really." I shout back at her.

"What was that?" She replies. Couldn't she hear me? I'm absolutely positive I just yelled to her that everything was fine. Never mind that, there's a more important matter at our hooves.

'Oh you really think that that little trick will save you all, don't you? Well let me just assure you that soon enough you'll all be under my full control.'

The shadow was so big and frightening, but I knew I couldn't let myself pass out at that moment. I had to fight it, together with my friends.

"Formation girls." Twilight orders, and we quickly obey. I can feel myself being lifted off the ground and I can feel our minds connecting once again. As a whole, and for the first time with Twilight as an alicorn, we speak.

"You, creature of hatred and vengeance, you, doer of evil and corruption, you will face justice on our lands!" The power felt more intense than when we defeated Nightmare Moon, and it was more difficult to contain it as well. It took all our strength to guide the energy toward our target.

"No. NO! THIS CANNOT BE!" The shadow was consumed by the many hues of light as it was hit head on, all but eliminating it from the surface of the planet.

You may have defeated me now, but mind you, I live everywhere. I am every little bit of anger and hate. I cannot be destroyed ever, and I will return.

With that said we all slowly fell back to earth, much to my relief. I may be a pegasus but I still prefer solid ground over anything.

"I-is it gone?" I ask Twilight as I look at the massive crater left behind by our combined forces of Harmony.

"For now, I believe so." She replies with a sigh as she too lets herself fall to the floor, probably from exhaustion. Using the Elements of Harmony is very energy consuming but now that the threat is over we can let ourselves rest a little.


"So it has been taken care of I presume?" Celestia asks us. We are in the throne room approximately a day after the Shadow Walker event has taken place.

"Yes Princess. Although we weren't able to capture him I believe he won't return to us any time soon." Twilight replied while bowing to the Princess of the sun.

"Oh Twilight, you don't have to call me princess or bow to me, you are a princess yourself after all. Neither do all of you for that matter. In my eyes we are all equal. Isn't that right Luna?" Celestia said with a grin on her muzzle.

"Huh? Sorry, you were talking to me?" A tired looking Luna replied giving a big yawn from her throne as she had obviously fallen asleep on the job. Not that anyone can blame her, she is up all night each night to care after the kingdom of Equestria after all.

We all stop talking as we hear the doors to the throne room open and a fully recovered Lighting Dash enters. I can't help but stare at him as he takes in the scenery.

"Ahem." Although a bit crude this does seem to get Lightning's attention to the Princess.

"Why did you bring me here?" He asks Celestia while I can see his eyes pausing as he sees me. I quickly avert my eyes to a very interesting bit of floor near my hooves.

"I have some important information I thought you would also be interested in hearing. It involves Shadow Walker." Celestia replies and I can immediately feel the atmosphere in the room change. His anger apparent as he slowly becomes statically charged.

"What about it" He says with an icy tone that cuts straight through the thick atmosphere.

"Thanks to your memories the Elements were able to track the creature down and then they brought it to me. I have banished it to the moon for eternity, so you needn't have fear nor anger any more." It seems Celestia thought it would be better to make him think that it was banished, rather then that we destroyed his physical form.

"I have to apologize but I will always have anger against that thing of darkness. It isn't something that I will forget easily. This little piece of darkness will stay with me forever. No matter how far away it is I know it still exists, and that is enough to anger me. This is who I have become and I cannot change that, for that I am sorry." It hurts me to hear that he will always be angry at this creature. I hope it will fade with time and that we can be together again soon.

"At least let me ask you one thing." I only just hear Celestia say as she walks after Lighting who had turned around to leave the throne room.

I can see them argue a little but then Lighting just turns his head away from us all and walks away, leaving me behind. I know he'll run. But I don't care.

I don't care how long it takes. I will find him again!