• Published 1st Aug 2013
  • 303 Views, 3 Comments

Fragments - PaddedCell



The Professional: A cold, clinical killer with a hidden past. But now, through the notes of her various psychiatrists, her story is revealed.

  • ...
 3
 303

Patient Interview 91 - Involvement with the Pegasus/Unicorn War

Source: Patient Interview 91- Involvement with the Pegasus/Unicorn War.
Interview notes taken by Doctor Reedbank and Doctor Starlight.

The following notes were taken from a lengthy session with Patient 27365, in which she described her involvement with the Pegasus/Unicorn war. The memory recorded here shows her first-hoof introduction to physical violence, unlike the simple observation of violence from her village in Interview 51. (Not to say that the events of Interview 51 were insignificant, as they clearly influenced the patient's mental tolerances and reactions to violence beyond that time. However, it is safe to assume that the following account outlines the first time that violence became a major element of Patient 27365's life.)

"I was about four years old. My family had moved from our forsaken little village, trying to find a place untouched by the war and the evils going on across the land. We travelled for a while by train, stowing away in one of the storage cars to the rear. This was a mistake. It turned out that the train was carrying munitions to the front line at someplace called.. It was called Nail's Drop. Once a bustling town, now reduced to broken wooden debris on a muddy, trench-scarred battlefield. There were dead trees everywhere, and the Unicorns on the other side of No Pony's Land were invisible through that decrepit forest. Nothing but shadowy figures and bright gunshots. We were dragged from the train car then, and pulled down into a trench. My father was given a gun, and my mother and I were led along through the trenches toward a dug-out bunker somewhere East of there. I remember looking back to try and call to my father, and seeing his body lying in the mud. The Unicorns must have gotten him. Or maybe he ended himself. When we got to the bunker, we were shoved into a storage room and told to keep quiet until the commanding officer came to see us. We waited for hours, and when the door to that cramped little room opened again, it was not the commander. It was a platoon of Unicorns. Helmets on their heads, and mud-caked battle gear on their bodies. They pushed my mother aside, beating her until she barely moved. Then it was my turn.
"We'll let you go, little one.. If you kill her." One of them grinned at me, leering above as he dropped a knife in front of me. Needless to say, I made it out of that bunker alive."