• Published 26th Jul 2013
  • 948 Views, 10 Comments

Silver in the Sky - FriendlyTwo3



I have nowhere to run. Nowhere to hide. Nopony to turn to. It always finds its way back to me. It takes me over, feasts on my mind, makes me crave the flesh of the innocent. My name is Blood Moon. And like it or not, I am a werewolf.

  • ...
1
 10
 948

Rarity

Chapter Two:
Rarity


An audible moan escapes my lips as I reenter consciousness. My eyes slowly open and my vision is filled with an orange light. The light of the sunset. My eyes shoot open and I sit up straight. No… How long has it been since I’ve been out? Where am I? Suddenly, a throbbing pain enters my temples. I let out a short yelp and hold my head. Though my head hurts like nothing I’ve felt before, I suddenly feel calm. A scent enters my nostrils. It’s a scent I’ve not smelled in a long time. I lift my head and sniff out what it is. My nose takes me to the table near the door. My mouth waters as I gaze upon this heaven.

Before me sits a big, blueberry muffin. A note sits next to it, but I ignore it. I wolf the muffin down vigorously, leaving none on my face or on the table. It’s the most delicious thing I’ve tasted in a LONG time. A bit crunchy on the outside, but soft and chewy and moist on the inside. It’s still warm too, so it must have just been baked. As I lick my hoof, tasting the last of the muffin, I remember the note. On the small piece of paper are two words in chicken-scratched quill writing.

“I’m sorry.
-Derpy Hooves”

The sound of knocking on wood fills the silence in the room and I’m taken back from my hunger-driven stupor. I realize that, in my rush to the little treat, I forgot to walk like a civilized pony and instead scrambled over like a dog, my ears perked up and my senses heightened. I quickly stand up straight. The walls of the room I’m in are a light purple, as are the bed-sheets. The bed has at least seven throw-pillows on it.

Yeah, something tells me I’m not in a stallion’s room.

I answer the door with a simple “Yes?” The door slowly creaks open and I see the mare who lives in this house. It’s the Unicorn from before.

“Are we feeling better, dear?” she asks, sounding a bit more caring than before.

“Yeah… My head hurts though. What happened?”

“Oh,” she says with a giggle, “A friend of mine had a little mishap and landed on you. I see you found her apology gift…?” It takes me a moment, but I soon realize that she’s staring at my cheek. With my left hoof, I wipe my face and see that a little crumb was left. A giggle comes from the Unicorn as I smile sheepishly.

Mmm… Sheep…

“You can call me Rarity,” she says, extending a hoof to me. I politely shake it.

“My name is Bl—Er… Sparkling Cider. Erm… How long was I out?”

“Oh, just a few short hours. Nothing to fret over. Did you have somepony to see?”

“Oh… No… I just sort of… fell asleep while walking, I guess,” I say, laying my hoof on the back of my head. “In fact, I have no idea where in Equestria I am…” Suddenly, the Unicorn dons a look of concern.

“Oh… Well here, let me give you some bits. There’s a motel just across the street,” she says, pointing toward the window. Y’know, for a moment there, I thought that this would unfold into one of those clichéd romance novels, where she’s quick to invite me to stay in her home. Thank the gods (because I refuse to thank Celestia). That would be a bucket of awkward.

“No, I can’t. You’ve done more than enough for me already. Sides, I’m more of a traveler. Thanks, Rarity. I’ll see you round,” I say, walking past her. She quickly trots in front of me.

“No, please! I insist! I am the Element of Generosity, after all.”

Wait…

What.

THE Element of Generosity. Like, one of THE Elements of Harmony? Like, the things that saved the entire world, like, three times?

Just who the hell am I talking to?

“U-Uh… Be… Be that… as it may… I can’t accept this,” I say as I calmly push away her gold-holding hoof. She pouts a bit, but retreats a little at my next words. “Trust me. It would be better for everypony if I just don’t stay here.”

“But…why? Surely somepony such as yourself couldn’t be that harsh of company,” she says while putting the money on the coffee table. She leans toward me a little, awaiting my response. Lying comes naturally for me now. At this point, I couldn’t care less who I lie to, no matter how nice they are to me. It’s a sin, but nopony can know what I am.

“My family’s got a bad reputation in most places outside of Canterlot. I’d rather not talk about it.”

“I see. Well, Sparkling Cider… I’ll… I’ll see you around sometime… perhaps?” she asks with hope in her eyes. Odd… Why would she want to see me again? I’m not that attractive… I’m kind of a dick. And… well, I go on a blood-rage and kill ponies once a month. Not exactly a bachelor.

“Sometime.” And with that, I head out the door. All at once, the feeling of being fully awake in Ponyville hits me. The town is peaceful, not a place that usually deals with odd goings-on. The ponies are all calm and cool. They meander about in no particular rush, a lot different from the ponies in most other places. The entire village is maybe a hundred or so yards long.

A pain suddenly enters my head. Not the pain that comes from somepony named Derpy falling on you. It’s that old familiar sting. I’m just under two weeks away from a transformation. It’s beginning. The full moon is well on its way.

“Er… Cider?” I snap my head back to Rarity, who had walked in front of me. I suddenly realize I’ve been holding my head in pain with an intense grimace on my face. I stand up straight and calm my demeanor.

“Ahem… I’m fine. Just… A headache. From where your friend hit me.”

“She hit you on the back of the head. Not your forehead.” I start to stutter. I can lie, but if somepony starts to see through me, I’m a wreck.

“Er… Then it’s… It’s probably something else… I’ll figure it out.” I start to trot away. As I look back, I see the Unicorn staring at me, a look of concern on her face. My trotting slowly increases in speed.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the short chapter. I meant for more stuff to happen, but the bridge between this chapter and the next wouldn't make sense.