• Published 24th Jul 2013
  • 490 Views, 5 Comments

The Journal of Storybook Sonnet - Storybook Sonnet



I live in lower Canterlot with my musician parents. Little did I know when we moved here that we'd have some pretty different neighbors.. My name is Storybook Sonnet, and this is how my normal, quiet life became a freak show of the rich and famo

  • ...
 5
 490

Part Three : Remember Children, Don't Stab Cellists With Swords

So, totally didn't expect my parents had connections with a princess.

It came as much of a shock to me as it did to you.

Now, I want answers, and my main one is:

Why is there such thing as a toothpaste museum?

..

Princess Twilight Sparkle, ruler of friendship and mother of one.. with a Wonderbolt. I have to say, I did not see that one coming.

Berry is gonna get an earful in this letter.

Me, Mum and Mom all trotted beside Rainbow Dash and Princess Twilight as we toured the Twilight section of the castle, and we gaped at the amazing tapestries and mosaic walls that were so colorful I was gonna dry my eyes out for not blinking. Twilight looked at it like it was commonplace, and Dash just completely ignored it. I can't see why, it was beautiful, and Mum and Mom clearly agreed with me.

"So, what do I owe the pleasure, girls? I haven't seen you since Sonnet's birth." Twilight was walking and talking, enjoying having friends over, i guess. Mum smiled and tore her eyes from the lovely decorations, "We're moving to Lower Canterlot, so it will be easier for our work. Most of our jobs are in Canterlot, anyways." Twilight nodded, "Ah, what a surprise! Careful now, Pinkie is definitely going to try to throw a party, so don't be surprised when she surprises you." Mom looked stoked, "Why would I be surprised? Pinkie throws awesome parties, this is gonna be awesome! I can't wait- or, I'll see when we get there, yup!" She cowered under Mum's harsh stare.

Twilight thought for a minute, "Oh, Sonnet, what school are you going to?" I thought, wondering what she'd want to know that for, "I'm going to Princess Luna's School of the Arts, ma'am." She looked way too excited, "Oh, my daughter goes there! I'm sure she'd love to meet you, here, follow me!" I had nothing better to do, I guess I could meet some royal snob foal.

We all turned left, following her, until we reached a really, really big and cool silver door, with engravings of sword fighting ponies, all with eyes that looked confident and ready. All the engravings had different little symbols that looked like different variations of circles mushed together. I thought that could be a language, but it looked more like gibberish.

Twilight used her magic to pull back the door effortlessly, and in a heartbeat a sword went straight to Mum's head, and it almost hit her, had it not been for Mom grabbing it with her own magic in quick thinking. We all looked at the door, searching for whoever was responsible for almost killing my Mum.

"Hey, careful with that sword, it's Saddle Arabian gold, you know. I can't replace it." A purple unicorn about my age with a variety of spectrum colors in her mane and a grape purple for an eye color stepped out into view, looking miffed. I don't know why, but I got even madder seeing how she thought we were the bad guys, when she clearly almost killed my mother.

"Who are you talking to?! My mom just had to-" A hoof fell on my chest before I could finish, and I looked to see it was Mom, "Hey, chika, you almost murdered my wife, so sorry for almost breaking the near-murder weapon, but I think that you should apologize first." She had a really forced grin, and I saw Mum staring at her.

Oh, that explains it.

"Wait, I almost hit you?! The sword went into the opposite direction! There's no way it-"

"Oh yes it did, queen snobby-"

Mom and the unicorn got into a huge bicker-fest, complete with childish names, pointing, and an angry looking Mum, who was about to explode, I swear. Finally it was Twilight who put an end to it, "ENOUGH!" We all jumped a mile, and turned to face her as she looked at the new unicorn, "Violet, you know better than to throw swords at guests, and this will be punished. Vinyl, please don't kill our only daughter. Me and Dash love her too much, so Dash might kill you back.. Wait, where is she, anyways?"

Twilight looked around, but the rainbow horse had run off.

"Okay, Tavi and Vinyl come with me, Sonnet and Violet stay here, please. I can't have more castaways in a castle this size. Have fun, you two." Twilight strode out of the room with my mothers in tow, leaving me alone with her daughter who's name I didn't know.

"Hey, uh.. What's up? What's your name?" At least I made an effort, right?

"Hey..? I'm Violet Blade, and you get already that I'm the Princess's kid. Nice to meet you, and, uh, sorry for blowing up at your mom, I guess she was right.."

"Well, at least you apologized, more than I can say for Mom." I smiled, and then, there was a silence.

A really awkward silence.

Finally, I had enough of it and remembered she had a sword, "So, what's the deal with the sword? Is it your talent, or what?" I did a motion towards it with my hoof, which earned me a slight frown.

"Actually, they're not just any swords, they're fenching swords. As for my talent, yes it is. I used it as a way to let off steam and I did it so often it became my favorite thing, and the day I got first in a competition I knew it was for me. What about you?" She stared at the sword, and I could see her remembering all her good times.

I flinched, and turned to show her my flank, "I, sadly, haven't really gotten mine yet.. It's caused a lot of hell, let me tell ya. Did you know that banks won't sell to ponies with no cutie marks?" I sighed, realizing I was turning sour.

She looked kind of miffed, "What?! I gotta talk to Mama about that, it's a really dumb law! Sorry everypony's such asses." She scowled and thought for a moment, then I could see the lightbulb pop over her head, "Oh! I have an idea, wait one second!"

I guess she takes after her mom in some ways after all.

Author's Note:

I am having way too much fun with these chapter names.

I'm trying to write a chapter or two a day, but it's kind of hard when I'm on vacation. I'm sorry if I leave you hanging, or a chapter gets sort of short ( Like this one ) I have one more day on vacation before it's back to work.