• Published 9th Jul 2013
  • 407 Views, 5 Comments

Pony Stories - GullibleCynic



My entries to various writting competitions

  • ...
 5
 407

Invisible Ship

“Soooooo, Apple Bloom….” Sweetie Bell grinned at her fellow crusader.

Winter had just arrived and Applebloom was was busy making some much needed repairs to the clubhouse after the previous day of crusading. They had decided that Cutie Mark Crusaders demolitions experts probably wasn’t for them after all. Really it had only been a few left over fireworks, but Scootaloo would still need to rest up until at least tomorrow. Luckily the first snow of winter had covered most of the incriminating evidence.

“What’s on your mind Sweetie Belle?”

“Oh, I’m just wondering.”

Applebloom sighed. “Wondering what?” She was looking right at Sweetie Bell now, noticing for the first time her very pleased grin.

“Oh, nothing. I’m just wondering what you think of Scootaloo?”

“Well, you and her are my best friends. I’d do anything for either of you, you know that.”

“Oh yes!” Sweetie continued to grin. “I know how you feel about us, but how how do you feel about her?”

Applebloom blinked. “What’s this all about?”

“Well….I couldn’t help but notice that you got Scootaloo to the lake pretty fast yesterday.”

“Her tail was on fire.” Apple Bloom said in a hesitant tone. Hedging her bets she slowly added “And ah would have done the same for you.”

“Oh, I know you would.” Sweetie Belle’s grin grew. “But I’m not so sure you would dive into the lake with me, or be quite so thorough drying me off once I got out.”

Apple Bloom felt a little embarrassed about jumping into the lake too. She hadn’t planned on going in herself, but at the time she did not want to admit that she had just tripped. “Look, its a bit embarrassing, but I tripped. As for drying us off, well just look at all the snow out there, I did want either of us to catch a cold.”

“The snow wasn’t there yesterday.”

“And? The lake was still pretty cold.” A little annoyed she added “Ah can show you if you like.”

Ignoring the threat Sweetie Belle plunged ahead. “And, I’m just wondering if you wanted Scootaloo to be your very special somepony?”

Apple Bloom raised her hoof to her forehead reflexively. “Didn’t you learn the lesson from Cheerilee and mah brother?” This was quickly becoming very awkward for Apple Bloom.

“So you admit it!” Sweetie Belle clapped her hooves with glee.

“Stop that.” Apple Bloom growled. Sweetie Bell calmed herself, for the moment. “There ain’t nothing to admit and you’re missing the point! We’re supposed to leave other pony’s feeling alone, we don’t want anypony to get hurt. Again.”

Sweetie Belle considered this for a moment. “I thought the real lesson was that we weren’t supposed to force two ponies to like each other. But if we find out two ponies like each other already its okay to help them. And thats what Im doing. I think you two want to be each other’s very special somepony and I’m asking to make sure!”

Apple Bloom frowned and thought for a minute. No, she was pretty sure Scootaloo was just one of her two best friends.

Before Apple Bloom could respond Sweetie Belle spoke up again. “You have to admit, there is a certain similarity between you two and a certain other pony pair. A certain apple farm mare and a dashing pegasus mare.”

“Ah don’t know what you’ve heard, but they’re not a couple.”

“My sister says they are, even if they don’t know it yet.”

“Rarity reads too many of them romance books, they give her all sorts of crazy ideas. And it looks like that craziness is rubbing off on you.“

“Well, naturally you won’t admit it, at first anyways!”

Applebloom let out her heaviest sigh yet. This had passed from awkward to full out uncomfortable now. “Look, is there anyway to convince you that there’s nothing between Scoots and me? Or at least get you to stop bothering me with the idea.”

To her credit Sweetie Bell actually considered to question for a moment. Unfortunately she came up with the worst possible answer. “Nope!”

At this Applebloom sighed for the last time, stepped away from her repairs and proceeded to leave the clubhouse.

Still grinning Sweetie Bell asked the obvious question “Where are you going Applebloom?”

“Ah’m goin to find mah sister, see how she deals with all this shipping nonsense.”

Author's Note:

The prompt: One of the Cutie Mark Crusaders ships two of the others.

I think I over did it on the accent