• Published 10th Jul 2013
  • 471 Views, 5 Comments

scootaloo's story - chancellorpuddinghead



the true story of Scootaloo and how she came to Ponyville

  • ...
3
 5
 471

Chapter 1

One fine, late afternoon in Equestria, a Pegasus filly hovered slightly above the ground, chasing a butterfly. The filly had a coat as orange as, well, an orange. A rich violet, the young mare's mane and tail, gleamed in the sun. The name of this young filly was Scootaloo. Scootaloo was an incredibly weak flier because her wings were born weaker than the norm. She could barely hover. Fearful that their daughter would fall out of Cloudsdale, the parents of Scootaloo moved towards the ground.

As it was time for her parents to be home, Scoodaloo wondered where her parents were.

Where could they be? The young filly pondered that question. Maybe they had to work at the snowflake factory late. A gust of wind could have ruined the snowflakes. Yeah, that's where they are.

During Scootaloo's moments of distraction, the beautiful butterfly flew away, more silent than a mouse.

" Come ON!" the young filly whined. " I was just about to catch you. Oh well. Might as well go inside and wait for mommy and daddy there. It is getting late."

Butterfly forgotten and decision made, Scootaloo went inside. She made cereal (without burning the cloud home down again) and then settled in for bed. She slowly drifted to sleep.

A loud bang woke Scootaloo hours later. She looked at the clock, expecting to see that only an hour had passed. She was immensely surprised to see that it was after midnight; 4 hours after she went to sleep (give or take).

Fearing and assuming the worst, the young Pegasus silently crept downstairs to find the source of the band. It could have been anything. An animal on the loose (which was very likely) , her parents bumping onto the kitchen table (more likely than the animal), or it could be a blood thirsty, murderous, crazy stallion (chances were slim, but Scootaloo kept in mind). She peered around the corner when she caught a glimpse of two familiar tails; a frizzy, sporty green and blue tail, cut short and a grey tail, elegant and long. Scootaloo gave a sigh of relief.

"oh, it's you!" the filly gave a hefty sigh of relief. " I thought you would never come home". Scootaloo grinned. "but… obviously that isn’t true."

Silence.

"So…" Scootaloo's voice trailed off. "how was work?" Again, silence greeted her question.

A dark thought tugged at the back of the young filly's mind. Although fear was consuming her mind, she kept that terrible thought at bay. Although Scootaloo was young, she knew that something was definitely off.

Scootaloo knew that her mother had the most soothing , beautiful, rich voice in all of Equestria. She often imagined Princess Celestia to have her mother's voice.

The young Pegasus walked up to the beautiful mare: her mom had a pink body and a long, grey, elegant tail. A snowflake gleamed on her flank. It made sense.. Scootaloo's mom's name is Pink Snow. Scootaloo asked her mom to sing her to sleep. Her mother nodded.

Five minutes later, Scootaloo was tucked in deep in her fluffy, cloud covers. She looked around her room. There, against her wall, was her all time favorite possession- a scooter. Her parents told her that nothing suited her. They gave her a scooter and knew that it was what she was meant to do.

Scootaloo sighed dreamily, thinking of all of the awesome tricks she would do in the morning. Although she could hardly fly, Scootaloo could propel herself very speedily when she was on her scooter.

Her mother drew in a breath to start the common lullaby:

Hush now! Quiet now!

It's time to lay your sleepy head!

Said hush now! Quiet now!

It's time to go to bed!

Drifting off to sleep!

Exciting day behind you!

Drifting off to sleep!

Let the joy of dream land find you!

The moon is up

The sun is down

Dream of sweets and cakes in a cup

There is no need to frown

Before you'd think

The sky will be pink

Princess Luna will keep bad dreams at bay

While you sleep through the night to the day.

But, instead of her mother's luxurious voice, came a raspy voice, that was barely recognizable as feminine. Scootaloo gave a gasp of horror.

Her "mother" simply shrugged and said " oh, sweeting, I just have a bad sore throat."

Scootaloo tried to make it look like she believed the imposter. Inside, her head was about to explode. The bad thought arose again, stronger than ever.

"What if there aren’t my actual parents"

Fear took control of her entire being.

"You aren't my real mommy." The fear said through the poor, frightened filly. " what have you done with her?!"

A shriek of "DADDY!" arouse, disturbing the silent peace of a moment before.

Scootaloo ran out of her bed, grabbing her scooter, and scurried to find her daddy. If it was her real dad.

Don’t think like that. She told herself. It'll be him, I know it.

But What if he ISN'T my daddy? What happened to them? What will I do? A small voice wondered, deep in the unknown regions of her mind. The Pegasus tried to push the thoughts aside, but just couldn’t.

By the time she reached her dad, these fears have almost taken over her mind. She went to her dad and said, "Mommy isn’t mommy: she is a fake". Her father gave a grim, creepy grin that spread slowly throughout his face.

" Is that so" replied a raspy voice that was definitely Not his.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"
Cried the filly, who was scared out of her wits.

She Ran outside the door, hopped on her scooter, and zoomed out the door, leaving the imposters cackling, her home, her possessions, and everything she knew and held dear, behind as hot salty tears streaked her face.

When she was sure that no one was following her, Scootaloo stopped in a dark wood, sat down, and cried herself into a fitful state of sleep.

Author's Note:

Hey everyone! this is my first story, and be Brutal so i can only get better. thanks!