• Published 4th Jul 2013
  • 687 Views, 26 Comments

Wub Radio - joe mother



Vinyl Scratch goes to a radio show while Octavia sleeps. Hijinks ensue.

  • ...
2
 26
 687

Tuesday Night: Show #2

"Vinyl?" Octavia asked as Vinyl snuck into their room.

"Oh, for fuck's sake!" Vinyl said, throwing her hooves in the air. "You didn't wake up until NOW?!"

"What?" the cellist asked. "What do you mean?"

"I doesn't matter!" the DJ yelled as she plopped down on her bed next to Octavia.

"What is it?" Octavia asked.

"Something you wouldn't care about."

"What happened to being honest? I said I'd leave you if you kept lying about going out at night."

"Fine," Vinyl groaned. "I went to a radio show last night. I was invited by an old friend of mine. I'm going tonight as well."

Vinyl had just gotten back from the show- it was already dawn- and was hoping to sneak into bed without detection. Alas, Octavia's sleeping habits were... strange to say the least. They were like Pinkie Sense or something.

"Wait, you were on a radio show?" Octavia asked. "As in- an actual, live, public radio show?"

"Yes, an actual, live, public radio show."

"Oh, I've always dreamed of being on the radio!" the mare squealed. "Can I come with you? Can I?"

"No," Vinyl said, rolling her eyes. "It's for producers and DJs. At least, I think it is. I didn't ask."

"Please bring me! Please, please, please!"

Vinyl facehoofed and sighed.

"Fine. Just don't do anything stupid or... Canterlot-y I guess."

"Thank you, Thank you, Tha- wait, are you calling me a snob?"

"No, I said just don't act like one."

"Why you little-!"

Octavia threw a weak punch at Vinyl, who playfully intercepted it. Octavia began to bash on the mare, yelling insults about the tawdriness of DJs and producers.

When she stopped, Vinyl was on the floor, laughing.

"W- we lick shit off the floor!" Vinyl hooted as she quoted one of Octavia's insults. "Oh, I gotta remember that one for some Canterlot snob!"

Vinyl picked herself up and wiped a tear from her eye. Octavia was boiling with rage, but she quickly calmed down.

"C'mon, let's get some food!" Vinyl said. "I'm starving!"

~

That night, Vinyl and Octavia stood in front of the same building the radio show was hosted in, shivering in the cold.

"Just knock on the door!" Octavia hissed.

"No, I want to interrupt the program," she said, her ear pressed against the wood, listening for the start of the show.

"I don't give Luna's flank if-"

"Ah ha!"

Vinyl slammed her hoof on the door and a loud yelp came from inside.

'What in the hell?!" Twirls yelled.

"Hey, it's PON-3!" Vinyl yelled. "We're freezing our flanks off out here! Can you open the door?!"

There was a grumbling as somepony came to the door.

"Oh, for Celestia's sake, PON-3," Twirls said as he opened the entrance. "Why do you have to be so-"

He caught sight of Octavia and stopped.

"Who the hell is this?" he asked.

"It's my marefriend!" Vinyl said.

"Vinyl, I told you not to-" Octavia began, but was cut off by Twirls.

"The same mare you were talking about last night?"

"The one and only!"

Octavia turned to Vinyl.

"You spoke about our relationship on the RADIO?!?!" she yelled at the top of her lungs.

"Yeah, so?" the DJ responded.

"You- you stupid bitch!"

Vinyl laughed and led Octavia inside. Vinyl sat down and watched as the other ponies just watched in some form of impressed shock.

"So," Zone asked. "Is she a DJ, too?"

"Nah," Vinyl said, placing her forelegs on the table, crossing them. "She plays cello. She wanted to come here."

"She wanted to come to a place where DJs talked about a ton of weird shit?" Draft Punk asked.

"I don't know why," Vinyl replied. "The mare is a complex pony."

Octavia hit her on the back of the head.

"Alright! Enough!" Twirls yelled as he sat back down. "The show has started, and this is live! Let's get to the show!"

"No," Techbeats said. "Let's talk about her, the cellist. I want to hear her accomplishments."

"Wha- I will not!" Octavia said.

"You scared, Tavi?" Vinyl asked. "You... chicken?"

This earned Vinyl another whack on the back of the head. Again.

"Fine!" the gray mare said. "I will tell you. Ask away, I guess."

"How long have you played cello?" Zone asked.

"About four years," Octavia responded. "I've played at many different junctures across Equestria, including the Grand Galloping Gala. Even though it was... an absolute disaster."

Vinyl snickered. Octavia hit her on the back of the head. For the third time.

"You ever listen to electronic stuff?" Spinning Record asked.

"No," the cellist replied. "That stuff is just absolute CRAP! I don't understand how a pony can listen to it!"

"So, you've never heard anypony who writes electronic music?" Draft Punk asked.

"No! It's trash!"

This started a bit- okay, understatement... gigantic would be a better word- argument. Ponies screamed things across the room until it was all a big blob of noise.

"Ponies!" Twirls yelled, silencing the commotion. "You are all causing a cacophony the audience does not want to hear! Let's get back to the show! We've only got twenty minutes left of the air time allotted to us! Continue asking her questions, but no fighting this time!"

There was a collective sigh of disappointment.

"So, uh," F3tlock began. "How is, uh, life?"

"It's good," Octavia replied awkwardly.

There was a good amount of silence. A VERY good amount.

"Ask some questions!" Twirls yelled.

"You ask one," Zone told him.

"Fine," the host replied. "How is being a cellist?'

"It is absolutely wonderful!" Octavia said joyously. "I've learned so many things about music that you musical heathens would know nothing about, and I meet the best ponies!"

"How'd you meet PON-3?" F3tlock asked.

"She came to one of my concerts," she said.

All eyes settled on Vinyl, who smiled sheepishly.

"Why were you at a CLASSICAL concert?!" Techbeats asked in shock.

"Well," Vinyl replied. "Truth be told, I enjoy it. I guess you could call it a fetish or something."

There was another moment of long silence. Really long silence.

"That is just some weird shit, bro," Draft Punk replied, hitting her on the shoulder with a hoof.

The "ON AIR" sign flickered off.

"Well, ponies," Twirls said. "We are off the air! Go home!"

Nopony groaned or complained this time, and they filed out quietly. Soon, Vinyl and Octavia were alone on the road to their apartment.

"So, how was?" Vinyl asked, rubbing up against her marefriend.

"It was boorish," Octavia replied.

"Aw! So you didn't like it?"

"No, I did not, and I would rather you never take me there again. Go on your own from now on!"

Vinyl sighed.

"Okay," she said, dejected.

"It's not that I don't like it, Vinyl. Well, actually it is, but it's more because I can't stand being around ponies like that. I can't stand it!"

Vinyl laughed and kissed her.

"Hey!" Octavia yelled. "I said not to do that unless I said you could!"

"Too bad!" Vinyl yelled, starting to run. "You'll have to catch me to do anything about it!"

Octavia chased after the DJ, swearing angrily.

Author's Note:

Anypony know why the Fimfiction bar says MUH FREEDOMS?

Here's the new chapter! Next one will have reader topics! I'll pick them, so SUGGEST A TOPIC AWAY!

Nexosaur