• Published 1st Jul 2013
  • 1,304 Views, 17 Comments

Keep Calm and Flutter On 2: Chrysalis - BlazingFlame



Fluttershy is harboring Queen Chrysalis, whom she found drained of her energy on her way home. But as Fluttershy harbors Equestria's most dangerous enemy, she has far worse things to fret about...and that's her friends finding out who she&a

  • ...
4
 17
 1,304

Hazed

"Pinkie Pie, I'm telling you. Something's wrong with Fluttershy!"

"What was that?" The pink pony known as Pinkie Pie was setting up the rest of her party cannons, and tested each out at the same time. The roof of Sugarcube Corner blew open with confetti, and Twilight stood in shock. The sound made a lingering ring in her ear, and she couldn't get it out.

"I said that Fluttershy is keeping something from me. I'm her friend, and she just put me out of her house like she didn't know me. Sure she was sweet with it, but it wasn't like her. She'd actually be as kind as to let me in, have a drink and something to eat, and say her goodbyes,"

"And you came to me because you didn't see me, but you wanted to go back to Fluttershy, but you felt slightly guilty about not seeing me, so you came to see me if I knew anything?" Pinkie was panting with a wide smile, and Twilight gaped at her, yet again, in shock.

"H-how did you-"

"It was a guess!"

"Right…so what is wrong with Fluttershy?"

"Beats me. Haven't seen her since yesterday morning. You want a cupcake? It's a welcome back present and for being the most awesomest friend!"

"Awesomest isn't a word, Pinkie Pie," Twilight said with giggle. "So where did Fluttershy go off to yesterday? Did she say?"

"She went to the gardens to frolic with her animals and tend the flowers,"

"Thank you, Pinkie Pie,"

"Wait one more thing!"

"Wha-" Pinkie stuffed a velvet cupcake into Twilight's mouth, and smiled gleefully.

"Can I investigate with you?"

"S-sure!" Twilight said, mouth full. She swallowed with a smile. "Wow that was good. To the gardens!"

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Okay, Chrysalis. This is my last pie, and I would love to share it with you," Fluttershy happily said. The changeling queen blushed, and pushed it to Fluttershy.

"I'm…I'm not hungry. You can have it," Her stomach grumbled, making her blush more. Fluttershy nudged it back, ad Chrysalis had no other choice. She gulped.

"Well, miss hungry? Are you going to eat it?"

"You make everything so sweet. Fine, I'll eat it. But only because you're so kind to have offered it," The queen of changelings took a bite using her magic. The levitated pie let out crumbs as Chrysalis chewed slowly. She swallowed, and Fluttershy looked on with an innocent smile.

"How was it?" Fluttershy asked gingerly. Chrysalis smiled. Chrysalis had smiled before, but never like this. But as quick as the smile came on, it went away.

"Thank you, Fluttershy. It's delicious,"

"Okay. Now I'm going to leave to get more food at the market place, so stay here and keep quiet. And if anypony knocks, Angel will tell them nopony is home. Is that understood, Angel Bunny?" The pegasus' pet bunny smiled and nodded, arms crossed. Fluttershy flew out the door slowly and Angel Bunny closed it.

"So little fur-ball, wanna play fetch?" Chrysalis laughed evilly. She used her magic to curl Angel into a ball, and whistled. Chrysalis looked around. "Huh. No dog. Well, this has been a waste of magic," She created a hoop and threw Angel into it several times.

"Oh, how I wish this was a sport. Maybe it could be called hoopball. No, that's stupid," Chrysalis said as she continued to bounce Angel. She gasped with a smile.

"That's it! Basketball! I guess everypony can play, that is, if they were good enough," Chrysalis released Angel, and walked up to him. The changeling queen pet Angel, who stepped back in fear.

"What? It was all in good fun, I meant no harm," Chrysalis said softly. "Don't you love your owner's new friend the way she loves me?" Angel Bunny gulped, sweat trickling from his forehead. He nodded, and rage erupted in her eyes and heart.

"Ponies will love me! And that includes you! I've let enough hate for love go to realize its good, and you are going to help me fuel myself! Now do you love me?"

Angel Bunny thought some things over. He was scared, but it if he nodded yes, she would probably accuse him of lying. If he was truthful and nodded no, that would also make things worse. He gulped and thought of a new strategy.

"I'm waiting for an answer. I want love, I need it!" Chrysalis was now shouting at the top of her lungs.

What am I doing? I'm yelling at a bunny. But I need love to fuel myself. Fluttershy made me slightly stronger, but according to old changeling way, love inside and around is a must. So I must love myself before others love me. Problem is, I've had too troubling a past to love myself for. I made all the wrong mistakes.

"I'm…sorry, Angel Bunny," The queen apologized. Angel Bunny wiped the sweat off his forehead and smiled nervously. But he shrugged his shoulders at the queen, who had tears ready at her eyes.

"Why shrug? I'm a horrible pony with a horrible past. As much as I want to drain you and the other animals, I can't. I'd love a good energy snack to fuel my magic, but…" The queen softly sobbed. "I need to retake my kingdom. I need to learn a lot about love, I…I need to speak to Princess Mi Amore Cadenza and Shining Armor,"

Angel Bunny realized that this queen may have been evil in person. But in fact she was a softie who had been hurt throughout time. Angel Bunny walked up to Chrysalis and tapped her hoof, which the queen had hid behind when she curled up on the floor. Chrysalis sniffled.

"What?"

The bunny made a heart with his hands, and Chrysalis watched. "Love? What of it?" Angel Bunny thumped his leg and looked around. He pointed to Chrysalis made a heart and brought it to him.

"Love to me? I need to bring love to me? How? I was banished from a majority of Equestria,"

Angel gave a no worry sign and smiled. Chrysalis smiled back.

So that's the secret. But I still need to know how to get it. Maybe if I bring the love, I'll know how to find it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This is where you said she went, right?" Twilight asked as she looked around the garden. Pinkie stood next to Twilight, and pulled out the two detective hats from the MMMystery on the train. Twilight grabbed the head detective hat, leaving Pinkie with the partner hat.

"Yes, this is where she went! Only am I the only one feeling a little dizzy? Or is it just me?" Pinkie said as she wiped sweat off her forehead. Twilight's vision became blurry.

"No, you aren't…I can't see a thing. Something's not right. Cover your eyes, Pinkie!" The pink pony did as told and ducked into the dirt. Twilight concentrated her magic, and it burst widely. Soon smoke arose in the area, and Twilight coughed slightly.

"This couldn't possibly be real! This is Sombra's smoke, right?"

"Right. I don't know how he came back, but this is serious. It's spreading past this area fast, from what I can see. But I don't know if we can…continue. We have to…make…our way to…Fluttershy's…" The world began to fade in Twilight's eyes, and black crystals formed at her horn. Pinkie, still feeling dizzy, grabbed Twilight, and continued to cough.

"Stupid broken horn meanie head! I'll make sure you'll pay for this!" Pinkie coughed and continued to walk, Twilight held in her arm.

It was night when they reached Fluttershy's house, and Twilight struggled for breath fast. The lavender alicorn continuously coughed until she caught her breath. Twilight looked side to side, but her vision was still blurry. She couldn't see a thing. All she saw was a pink blob. That must have been Pinkie Pie.

"P-Pinkie Pie! Wake up!" Twilight called. But Pinkie didn't answer. "Oh, no. I have to call for Fluttershy. Fluttershy, are you here! Help! FLUTTERSHY!"

Author's Note:

A lot of stuff has been happening, so getting to this chapter was a bit of a struggle. Hope you readers enjoyed it.