• Published 29th Jun 2013
  • 639 Views, 15 Comments

Cold Rain - MDNGHTRDHTLN



When Twilight Sparkle comes to the human world, she must save her friends before they destroy themselves.

  • ...
6
 15
 639

Part IV

Rarity and I were back at the table now. I took my seat next to Pinkie and resumed eating my eggs. I looked over at Fluttershy, to see how she was doing, and I noticed something about her now.

She had a black eye.

“Fluttershy?” I asked, “how did you get that black eye?”

Everyone at the table stopped eating out of their concern for Fluttershy and looked up at her. “Oh, this? I got this when I fell down the stairs at my house. I live in the suburbs. My boyfriend, Tim, called 911 and got me to the hospital. He’s such a nice guy. I’m glad I found him,” Fluttershy explained.

“Oh. I see,” I said. For some reason, I felt that she wasn’t telling the truth. At least not all of it.

“It’s okay, Twilight. You don’t have to feel bad about being worried about me.” She smiled at me.

After some more talking about random subjects, the waiter brought us the bill. Rarity knocked Applejack’s hand out of the way to nab it. “Darling,” she said, “I simply cannot allow you to pay.”

“Are you sure? I have money. I went to the casino last night and made a bunch of money,” Applejack said. “I’ve been goin’ there a lot lately, makin’ some extra money.”

“Darling, I have never been more sure of something in my life.”

“Alrighty then.”

“The casino?” I asked. “What’s a casino?”

“A casino is a place where you make bets with your money and try to make more money,” Applejack explained. “It’s pretty addictin’, actually.”

So, Applejack could be addicted to gambling. This morning keeps getting better and better.

Rarity went up to the counter and paid the bill. “We must do this again, and soon,” she said.

“Oh, yes.” Fluttershy first.

“YesyesyesyesYES!” Pinkie next.

“I’m down.” Rainbow Dash third.

“Definitely.” Applejack now.

“Sure.” That was me.

“It seems to be settled, then, darlings. Call me when you can.”

“Sure thing,” said Rainbow Dash.

With plans to make plans, Applejack, Rarity, and Fluttershy went on their way. I looked back at our table. I noticed a small, black device on the table.

It was Fluttershy’s phone.

“Guys, look.” Pinkie and Rainbow turned around. “It’s Fluttershy’s phone.”

“Oh, shit,” Rainbow commented. “We had better get it back to her. But I don’t know where she lives.”

“Neither do I,” Pinkie added. “We could use WhitePages, though.”

“Yeah, sounds good,” said Rainbow Dash. “WhitePages would probably know where Fluttershy lives. That is its job, right?”

Without another word, Dash and I got into Dash’s red car, while Pinkie went over to hers. It was a pink car, almost identical to Dash’s, but slightly bulkier. Pinkie started her car. “Let’s go, girls.”

Dash started the car. I buckled my seatbelt (they still confound me) and, without a word of warning, we were off.

When we got back to the apartment, Dash ran over to the computer that was located against the wall near the door. She went to look for Fluttershy’s address. Meanwhile, Pinkie went over to the fridge and pulled out a brown bottle. It said ‘Budweiser’ on its side. It was beer, I think. I had seen an advertisement for it on the way home on a large billboard. I knew beer had alcohol in it, too. So, her we were, back from breakfast, and Pinkie was already getting drunk. She must’ve had at least four by the time Rainbow Dash had called us. “I have the address and directions. Let’s roll.” We followed Dash downstairs to her car.

Pinkie started to move towards her own car, but Dash stopped her. “Pinkie? I don’t think you should drive.”

“Oh. Okay,” Pinkie complied. I was surprised at her willingness to follow orders. Pinkie usually danced to the beat of her own drum.

Pinkie got into the back seat and buckled her seatbelt. She seemed a but disoriented. She was definitely drunk.

Dash started the car. “We’re going to the suburbs. A place called Redwood Shores.”

“Lead the way,” I responded.

Dash drove, and before we knew it, we were in front of Fluttershy’s house. The tree of us got out of the car and walked towards the front door. When we reached the entrance, we could hear muffled shouts and crying. I couldn’t make out much, but I could try.

“What the fuck, you bitch!” That was a male voice. It was an average man’s voice, not deep, but not high-pitched, either.

“I’m sorry, Tim! I really am.” That was Fluttershy.

“Sorry doesn’t cut it, you stupid bitch!”

Rainbow Dash knocked on the door. No one came.

“I have half a mind to beat you to a pulp right now, you bitch!” The male voice must have been Tim, Fluttershy’s nice boyfriend.

“I’m sorry, Tim! Please, you have to forgive me.”

Dash knocked harder this time. Still nothing.

We could hear a loud smack through the door.

“That’s it! I’m coming in!” Rainbow Dash shouted. She placed both hands on the sides of the door, and kicked as hard as she could. The door burst open.

When we looked inside, we could see Fluttershy on the floor, with a bloody nose. Tim was standing over her, blood on the back of his hand. Rainbow Dash saw the scene, and must have set her off.

“Oh, you SON OF A FUCKING WHORE!” She walked towards him.

“Who the fuck are you, her friends?” Tim asked, sneering.

Rainbow Dash ignored him and kicked him in his left knee. There was an audible crunch as his bone slightly broke. “AGH! You fucking bitch!” he shouted up at Rainbow Dash. “You broke my knee! My fucking knee!”

She looked into his eyes. “Buddy, I plan on breaking a lot more than your knees. Get the fuck up.”

He stood up. She kicked his knee again.

“Agh! Fuck!”

“Get up.”

“No.”

Dash pulled out her switchblade. She flipped the blade out and stuck it in his mouth. “Have you ever seen a movie called The Dark Knight, Tim? Well, there’s one part where the Joker does this to a mobster, and he tells him the story of how he got his scars. And if you don’t shut your fucking mouth, I will give you a matching set of scars you can tell your bastard children all about. Got it, fuckhead?”
He nodded quickly, terrified. She pulled him up and threw him on the countertop.

“I don’t think you’ve learned your lesson. Pinkie, hold this guy’s other arm down.”
Pinkie, too drunk to think for herself, happily complied.

Rainbow Dash took her switchblade and plunged it into Tim’s left arm. Blood spurted out of the wound, getting on Dash’s knife and hand, Tim’s arm, and the countertop.

“AGH! Please stop! Please!” He was begging now.

“No, I think I’ll give you a MATCHING FUCKING SET!” She took the knife out of Tim’s left arm and drove it into his right, having a similar effect as before.

“Agh! Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck! Please stop!” Tim was wailing.

“Why? You’ll just beat Fluttershy again!”

“No, I won’t! Please! I’m begging you!”

Dash contemplated this. She removed the knife from his arm, but not before taking a porcelain plate and smashing it over his head. Small cuts appeared all over Tim’s face, bleeding.

“Come on, girls,” Rainbow Dash said. “Nothing to see here except for a sad, sick fuck who gets off on beating helpless people.”

We all left the house. I looked over my shoulder, looking back inside. Blood was on the counter. Tim was sitting against the wall, wheezing. I couldn’t figure out why Tim had gone off on Fluttershy like that. Then I saw the reason.

On the floor was a broken porcelain plate.