• Published 28th Jun 2013
  • 1,967 Views, 45 Comments

The God of Chaos - Pen Quill



Learn of how one of Equestria's greatest villains came to be. Learn of the creation of Discord and follow how he became the God of Chaos.

  • ...
3
 45
 1,967

Let the Festivities Begin!

The day had come and as guests arrived to the castle ballroom for the festivities, Celestia and I waited at the entrance for our guest, Galewind, to arrive. My sister had never seemed so eager to meet anyone in her life.

=====================================

Let the Festivities Begin!

“Sister, I have yet to see his chariot.” Luna spoke in a soft voice. She and Celestia had been standing at the ballroom doors greeting the guests as they entered, waiting for Galewind to arrive.

“He will show Luna, have faith.” Celestia stood firm in her proud, royal pose, while Luna had a solemn look on her face as she waved at the guests giving them a kind ‘Greetings’ or ‘Welcome to the party’. Soon, in the background, was a silhouette of a chariot team that was carrying two passengers and luggage.

“He is here sister, did I not tell you he would show up?” Celestia bragged in a cheery voice as she made her way down to the bottom of the steps. Not too long after, the guards stood firm as the trumpets sounded the arrival of royalty. A scribe approached the floor as the crowd gathered by to see who was coming through.

Soon, the scribe pulled out a scroll with his magic, cleared his throat and took a deep breath, “Now presenting, his royal highness from Baltimare, and esteemed guest of your Princess Celestia, might I introduce to you, Prince Galewind of Baltimare, accompanied by his advisor, Sir Schillman!”

From the dark approached a tall silhouette of an alicorn who was followed by an earth pony nearly half his size. From the dark gleamed a bright red jewel from the chest of the tall figure and from the shadows came Galewind, dressed in a fine Crimson coat that bore the insignia of his family on the pocket. Around his back was a fur cloak that was black as night with a scarlet trim. Every set of eyes was on him as he walked down the aisle to meet his host, Celestia.

“Ah, Prince Galewind. So nice to finally make your acquaintance.” Celestia said offering a small bow as a gesture of respect to royalty.

“And a fine hello to you as well your highness.” He said, returning with a bow of his own before taking a single hoof of hers into his own to be followed with a short kiss, “Might I say that you look very lovely this evening.”

Celestia quickly blushed before taking her hoof back, “My, quite the flatterer. I do hope your trip went well.”

They made their way into the ballroom as they continued their small conversation, “Yes, it was fairly smooth. You’re guards are the finest I’ve seen. They make mine look like slackers.”

Celestia gave a small giggle as they entered the ball room, “Well, I do owe that to my fine Captain. He does do everything he can to make sure I am safe as well as my kingdom.”

“And a fine kingdom it is your highness, such grace and elegance in one single location. It is a landmark to kingdoms everywhere.” Galewind said as he watched his kind words do their work on the princess.

“Please Prince Galewind, we’re all respectable mares and stallions, I do believe we can call each other by our names.” She said, as her and Galewind took their seats on the thrones. Galewind was quick to notice however, that Luna was giving him a strange look. As if she was inspecting him. He shrugged it off, he had received looks such as this many times before and had to agree that his appearance was rather, suspicious.

“So be it Prin- I mean, Celestia.”

With their conversation on a hold for the moment, Celestia had rose and the room took notice as all chatter ceased to hear their princess speak. “Thank you all for attending this gala and like every year we shall have all kinds of festivities not only in here, but throughout the castle. Eat, drink, dance, play, have fun. My home is your home. Enjoy!”

As she sat back down, the music began to play and it didn’t take long for many of the guests to grab their mare or stallion and start dancing. Everywhere, mares and colts were having a blast, laughing, drinking, and sharing in the usual chatter of their lives.

“This is quite the party Celestia. Would you care to dance, or perhaps I shall get you some wine or champagne?” Galewind offered with a smile before turning his attention back to the party.

“Thank you Galewind, wine would be lovely. Tell the chef it’s for me, he will know what I want.” Celestia responded with a grin of her own before Galewind hopped down and trotted over to the kitchen.

“Sister, do you not sense the vibe that he is here for more than a treaty?” Luna asked her.

“Not this again sister, you must stop worrying. He is a guest of ours and I will expect you to treat him as such. Do I make myself clear?” Celestia snapped making Luna sink her head a bit. Even if she was looking out for her sister, Celestia was still older than her and in such, her guardian. She had to abide by her rules and simply nod in agreement, swearing that she would not bring up the matter ever again.

“Your wine my sweet Celestia.” Galewind said, levitating the glass of ripe red liquid to her as her magic took it from his. She took a quick sip of her drink before giving a ‘Thank you’ to Galewind.

An hour passed, and Galewind was running out of things to say to Celestia and the silence was starting to build between them before he looked at the dance floor and hatching an idea. “My dearest Celestia, would you care to dance?”

“Why it would be my pleasure Galewind, on one condition.”

“What would be your condition? Anything for you.” He responded with a swift bow.

She leaned in sweetly and whispered next to his ear, “Don’t step on my hooves like the last one did.” She giggled and walked with him to the floor. Galewind’s mind was scrambled, he didn’t know what to make of what she just said. Was she coming on to him? Had his sweet words really done something to her, or was it just the alcohol speaking? Either way he was being led to the dance floor by Celestia, a mare he thought he would never get this close to even after all his boasting before the party.

They leaned in, touching necks as they began to waltz back and forth. For the first time, Celestia had found a stallion to match her staggering height and the moment, mixed with the wine, was forcing her to blush madly, which only became worse when she realized she couldn’t hide it under her white coat. She was not alone however, Galewind had started building a little blush himself as thoughts swirled in his mind. Was this really happening to him? Was he really dancing, neck to neck with the one and only, Goddess of the Sun?

It didn’t take long for the rest of the room to notice as they started backing off the dance floor, gazing at the two embracing each other. “Time to show her the moves.” Galewind thought to himself as he backed away and his hoof lifted hers, gliding down to the end. His magic radiated around her as he quickly swept her and moved her into a dip, flushing her cheeks in a crimson blush.

The crowd awed and the band stopped playing. Everyone, even Luna, were stomping their hooves in a cheer as Celestia got back on all fours. “That was um, amazing Galewind.” Celestia said nervously.

“Better than a clumsy foal stepping on your hooves?” he said jokingly, forcing a giggle from the princess.

“I have to ask Galewind, where did you learn to dance like that?”

Galewind was not shy about talking of his family. He explained of how his father was hardly around and how his mother and Schillman raised him mostly. He went on about how his mother would teach him to dance, and how he and his sister would dance at balls hosted at their castle. “Back in Baltimare, we were respected owners of the dance floor. We never talked much, but when the music played and the crowd cheered, everything disappeared and all that mattered was dancing.” He explained.

“That was quite the story Galewind. I too know the challenges of living without family. Our mother disappeared randomly one day, leaving me to care for my sister Luna. We never knew our father, or who he even was. For most of my life, it was just me and my sister.”

“I am deeply sorry Celestia.” Galewind apologized, giving her a bow of his head.

“No need to apologize, we are safe and I have taken great care of my sister. That is all that matters.” She said with a smile and looked back at Luna who could only blush at her sister’s kind words. They continued to talk and after a while, they began to roam around the courtyard and even into Celestia’s royal garden, admiring the animals that had come by and smelling the sweet fragrance of the flowers and many different plants that she had there. When they returned, several ponies had begun to leave, and the party was ending.

“Every great party must end I suppose.” Celestia sighed, seeing the end of yet another fantastic gala.

“It is getting late Celestia, I must retire to my quarters and so should you. If I may ask, where shall I be staying?”

“My servant will escort you there. Your bags have already been taken up and I took it upon myself to make sure the kitchen staff will be available if you ever need a late night snack.” Celestia said with a bright smile.

“Thank you Celestia, for your kind hospitality.” Galewind bowed once more before following the escort.

“Galewind?”

“Yes Celestia?”

“Thank you for the wonderful time this evening. It was fun.” She said to him, giving a wave of her hoof and quick good night kiss on the cheek before retiring to her bedchamber. The stallion could only blush as he went along with the escort to his room to see that Celestia had told the truth. All his belongings were there in perfect order along with a tray of snacks on his bed.

He removed his party garments and hopped up on the bed. Using his magic to bring to tray towards him, he ate what was on it and laid back on the soft mattress. “You seemed to have fun my lord.” Said a soft voice from the other side of the room. “Aye Schillman, it was quite the eventful today if I must say.”

Schillman stepped out of the darkness and trotted towards the door, “I took the liberty of unpacking your things and laying out your outfit for tomorrow sir.” He said before walking out.

Galewind gave a quick thank you and returned to his thoughts, “What a day this has been. What does the rest of my trip here have in store for me?” Galewind took a deep breath as he stretched his tired hooves and quickly fell asleep.

Author's Note:

This chapter could possibly be the longest one, but more than likely not the best one. I apologize if this wasn't as tasteful as the others.