• Published 25th Jun 2013
  • 755 Views, 12 Comments

The Whisper - KnightGale



How does one begin the road of destruction? How does a being loved lose its way? Through a simple whisper.

  • ...
1
 12
 755

An End's Beginning

Celestia was ecstatic. The rush of what had just transpired was still strong and how easy it had been unbelievable. THE great and powerful draconequus Discord, was stuck in stone. Still in that ridiculous pose. They stood in a grand hall in the palace that had been constructed by the unicorns of the past. Discord's statue sitting on a small pedestal in the middle of the room looking like a bizarre art piece more than the horrible dictator he had been.

And all it took was a simple mention of Celestia being a better singer and a well timed blast from the Elements of Harmony while he was distracted. Of course having the Elements of Harmony appear and present themselves to the sisters after having been lost for centuries before was just plain luck or fate. But the plan to stop Discord's rule without giving him a chance to retaliate went swimmingly!

Luna was not so ecstatic. She was looking beyond the momentary victory. How was the world going to run now? Discord's chaos had completely ruined the cycle of sun and moon. The half bright, half dark landscape a horrible testament to that. She turned to her sister who was waving her rear end very inappropriately at the frozen form of Discord. Her pink mane and tail waving wildly.

"CELESTIA! Stop that he might be able to still see you! And look the world is still in chaos, maybe he is just making us think it worked!" Luna exclaimed as she quickly dragged her sister away from the statue eyeing it wearily. Her three elements of honesty, generosity, and kindness still glowed and hovered around her. Celestia laughed as her elements of laughter, loyalty and magic still floated near her.

"Don't worry! We won. Now as for the sun and moon, did you not notice?!" She practically yelled at the top of her lungs as she then dropped her head almost to the floor sticking her rear up and began to wave her rear around and jumping slightly up and down off the floor with her front hooves. It took Luna a full minute before she saw the bright, golden sun on her sister's flank causing a loud and shocked gasp to escape her.

"CELESTIA! YOU GOT YOUR CUTIE MARK!" Luna exclaimed happily, right before a small pout appeared on her lip jealous of her sister's fortune. Celestia rolled her eyes at this and forced Luna to look at her own flank. Again it took her a full minute for it to sink in before another loud exclamation. "AND I GOT MINE! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!" She said bouncing around happily in a circle around Celestia who only smiled contentedly at seeing her usually morose sister so happy.

Not even when they had become alicorns after receiving the Elements of Harmony was Luna this happy. Though the alicorn transformation was more of a shocking surprise. Getting their cutie marks after all this time, after Discord's repeated insults about useless no talent ponies. It was a very big relief. And Celestia decided that she wished to remove anything that might take her sister's smile from this world. It was far too cute to have hidden by a frown.

Luna was turning in a circle trying her best to get a better look at her cutie mark looking absolutely ridiculous with how big her smile was. Celestia coughed lightly, her warm and loving smile still plastered on her face as she moved to the window and beckoned for her sister to follow. When Luna joined her and they looked out at the sun and moon hanging opposite each other seeming to fight one another over which would rule the sky. Celestia smiled seeing it as a symbol to the end of strife in the land that they were fixing them. Luna had a small worry over how it looked like light and dark were to be eternal enemies.

"Alright, on three we move them together to show the world that harmony is returning. Lets give them a wonderfully bright day of normalcy and see the results before tucking them in with a quiet and uneventful long nights rest, how does that sound?" Celestia asked sweetly while putting a hoof around her sister. Luna looked at the floor shaking her head slightly dispelling her dark worry and a childish moment of wanting the night before the day before smiling at her slightly confused sister and nodding. Celestia removed her hoof and waited for Luna to start.

"1!" Luna exclaimed taking a wider stance and lighting her horn focusing on HER moon, sticking her tongue out in her moment of intense concentration. Which Celestia could not help but giggle at.

"2!" Celestia yelled joyfully before mimicking her sister's stance focusing on HER sun and they looked at each other big smiles on their faces before nodding.

"3!" They yelled in unison their horns exploding in the light of magic as the Elements of Harmony glowed brighter as well. At first nothing happened and then the line of light and dark tilted, the moon lowering below the far horizon. Allowing the sun to take its place high in the sky. They both cut off the magic to their horns and panted from the exhaustion. It was at this point they noticed the Crystal Kingdom in the distance. Celestia scowled.

"I remember in the beginning of Discord's reign the Crystal Kingdom had been so bright. It offered hope, made his chaos and silliness a bit easier to handle. Look what his reign did to that beautiful place. We will have to prepare ourselves for a trek there to help fix what Discord broke!" Celestia said coldly as she went over and bucked the statue with her back hooves. The happy expression the new lawn ornament wore beginning to be a source of annoyance to her.

Luna looked at the city and a chill ran down her spine as she wondered if it had been Discord or somepony else that caused the city of love and light to grow dark and hateful. The dark aura was spreading outwards from the city its march had been slow at first but it had started to spread faster recently. Luna worried that Discord might have been the least of their worries.

Author's Note:

Again any and all positive feedback and criticism is welcome. Whether it is about grammar, spelling, pacing, or even the direction of the plot. Please do not be shy. This is my first Fan Fic and story that I am placing in a public forum. So I really do appreciate input.