• Published 12th Jun 2013
  • 412 Views, 2 Comments

Homeward Bound - Lonepone



A continuation of my universe. Mr. Dash and The Doctor go to see the end of the world, but it doesn't go right.

  • ...
5
 2
 412

Why the Tardis is Blue

The now familiar sound of the Tardis reaches my ears. I drop my game controller, and run out into the yard to see The Doctor.

"Hello, Jason. Glad to see you!" He says.

"So where did you go this time?" I ask him, eager to hear about his adventures.

"Oh, just to the moon, about 1000 years ago. I decided to pick Luna up, and take her for a little sight seeing"

"Sounds nice, but wouldn't that effect her today?"

"Wonderful point, Jason, but here's how you're wrong. I returned her to the exact time that I picked her up, so she would be mostly unchanged, except a few extra memories" he explains, while smoothing back his mane.

"So when can I go on adventures with you?" I ask hopefully.

He gives me a pained look. "I would love to have you come"

"YES HOH MY GAWD I'M GOING ON THE TARDIS!" I shout.

"You didn't let me finish. I would love to have you come on, but you can't"

"Why not?"

"Just. Just because. I can't let you. The only time you can is when we go home"

That sends a flood of mixed emotions through me. "Go. Home? What do you mean, Doctor?"

"I think I may have a way to go home. To our rightful dimension"

"But, then I'd have to leave Rainbow Dash, and everyone else"

"Yes. Jason, we don't belong here. It's odd, I'll admit, this isn't a parrelel dimension, but it isn't our plane of existence"

"What if I refuse?"

"Lets hope you don't. Trust me, Timelords, even poniefied Timelords, will do what's right no matter the cost. So please, come willingly"

"How long until we leave?"

"I don't know. I have the basic theory of how we'll do it, but I still have to find a spot were the fabric of this world is weak enough. I have no clue when that'll be"

"Fine. So are you going to stay a while, or do you have some other grand adventure to go to on without me?" I ask with a slight edge.

"What time is it?"

"Time to get a watch. Come on, your an almighty time lord, and yet you need me to tell you the time? It's about noontime. Lunch?"

"Yeah sure. You wanna eat out, or you got something cooking?"

"Eat out" I walk down our sidewalk, with The Doctor at my side, not sure where exactly we're going, just knowing that we're going.

We walk along in silence, until another random idea pops into my head. "So Whooves. The Tardis is infinite, right?"

"Yes, why?"

"With infinite rooms, right?"

"Yes, in fact, I think I saw a room with an Olympic size swimming pool once. But why?"

"What if all this" I gesture with one hoof at the sky and the world around us "is just a room in the Tardis?"

He thinks for a moment. "It's possible. You know what that means?" He says, giving me another of his manic grins.

I return the crazed smile. "We just gotta find the door!"

"Of course, it would be easier to do so from inside the Tardis"

I look up to see where we are, and I see the Sugar Cube Corner across the street.

"Feel like pastries and a sandwich?" I ask my friend.

"Hungry already" he replies.

I walk through the door propped open, and he follows me through. We seat ourselves in a booth by a window, when a certain bouncy, pink pony takes our orders.

"Welcome to Sugar Cube Corner, what you hungry for? OMIGOSH HI!" She shouts when she recognizes us.

"Hello Pinky" we say in time.

"Hi Jason, Hi Doctor. Ooh, have you gone on any awesome, cool, fun, exciting, intresting adventures? Have you been fighting huge space monsters with mouths the size of Ponyville? Have you"-

"Noope, just been sight seeing. And you?" The Doctor says.

"We'll, I've just been here taking orders. Speaking of orders, I got an order to take you order. So what'll it be, fellas? The usual, or something special?"

"The usual" we both respond.

"Alright. I'll be right back with it, and then lets have a little chat!"

"Sounds wonderful, Pinkie" I say. She runs back into the kitchen, and comes out almost right away with our orders. A large mug of root beer and a sandwich for me, and a glass of tea and a salad for the Doctor.

"So where's Dashie? The five of us haven't really seen her around" Pinkie asks me.

"She's off with Vinyl on a tour. She writes, but not as often as I'd like"
"I know, us five thought that we'd all be the bestest friends when she got back, but instead she's a completely different pony" her hair loses some of its poof. "I mean" more poof lost. "It just hasn't been the same without her" her hair falls completely flat.

I exchange a look with the Doctor. "You know, we should throw them a party when they get back"

"OMIGOSH YES!" She jumps straight up into the air, her hair exploding outwards into its usual shape. "So, Doctor, do you have any family? You've never said anything about your past. What deep, dark secrets are inside of you?" She looks at him.

"None of my family is here. There... gone. I don't know when I'll see them again" he takes a long drink from his tea. "But the ponies I have met are almost as good as family. Jason, Octavia, Vinyl, Rainbow Dash, you Pinkie, you're all like my family here"

"Okidokiloki!" Another group of ponies walk in. A group of two, one of them with a green coat, purple eyes, and neon blue hair. The se exact shade as Vinyl's. The other one is slightly smaller, with a dark orange coat, neon yellow hair, and deep green eyes. He's probably a few inches shorter then Vinyl. "Well, I gotta go. Bye!"

She trots over to where the two have seated themselves. "Hello Renegade Bass, Harmonous Synth. The usual, or do ya got a craving for something special?" Her voice drifts over to us.

We eat in silence for a few moments. "Did you really mean it?" I ask, talking about what he said about me and the others being just like family.

"Yes. I fully meant it" he takes another bite, and appears to be thinking. "My family, my entire race is dead"

"Get outta here. You can't be the last time lord"

"I am. The rest of my kind died out in the last time war against the Daleks. So I have no family. In our dimension, I travelled alone, by myself. I'd occasionally pick up a companion, an assistant, to travel with me, so I wouldn't be as alone, but it never worked. The most common outcome is that they'd die out there with me. The other, more painful outcome, comes from the fact that in near immortal. As my companions grew old and died of age, I would still be there, not a day older, watching the ones I loved wither. But now, I have a good family hear. And, on top of that, I've actually been turned into a pony. I'm no longer a Time Lord, although I can still use the Tardis. I'll age with all of you"

I sit in silence for a while, digesting all that he said. "So that's why I can't come with you. I'll probably end up dying"

"Yes. Although, as long as there's only one trip, there's something I can show you when we're done"

"You mean I'll be able to go on the Tardis? Where we going?"

"The end of this world. The ponies and other species on this planet died out for some reason, but then some force tore this planet apart. I'm not sure what, but its quiet a site. You wanna go?"

"Yesyesyesyesyes! Yes please!"

"Wonderful. Just promise not to die"

"I solemnly promise that I shall not die" I say. But it doesn't feel like a promise I'll keep.

Rose went away
So the Doctor is blue
Ask Donna, "Who's the Doctor?"
And she'll reply, "Doctor Who?"
Sarah Jane, and Martha,
And now both the Ponds
Had their fun with the Doctor
And now they've all gone.
So ask me again
Why the TARDIS is blue:
There's a sad man inside,
With both hearts broke in two.

Author's Note:

Well, it's been a while. I'm sorry to have let you all waiting, but I had just moved, and I've just recently been able to get back on my iPod and start writing. With in a few weeks, I may drop of for a week as my iPod's screen is cracked, and I'll be taking it in to get it repaired.

Since its been so long since I've written, I had a scary moment where I just froze at the start of the story. However, I was (obviously) able to overcome it, and now I'm back in the swing of writing!

I have finally gotten around to watching Doctor Who, and I know see how of all my things were about the doctor.
Hopefully, this story will fix at least some of it.
Hope you loved it! Or at least moderately liked it. Or at least didn't think it was bad. Either way, more in the way!