• Published 16th Jun 2013
  • 1,860 Views, 11 Comments

City of Vices - A Pony Typewriter



Flashy cars, big hairs, boom boxes, and ye-yo

  • ...
3
 11
 1,860

Encounter

The orange glow of sunset brought the last hour of warmth to the city as the day turned to night, it's inhabitant were beginning to step out of their shaded homes, avoiding the scorching heat of the tropical sun. This warmth was the same feeling Twilight felt as she openeed her eyes, but her mind drift back to the last chain of events, she look around to see none of her friends present. She realize what had happened.

"They're all gone...gone.."

Her mind drifted back to the past chain of event, the spell, the hallways, the cabs. Memories of the past event came hitting her back, she remembered seeing her pink friend being crushed under the stripped menace that is the Zebra Cab, then her gentle yet shy friend along with the farm mare disappear among the wreck of cabs, then the element of generosity, and lastly her cyan friends, all gone.

Tears filled her eyes as she realized that all of her friends were no more, eventually she cried, weeping for her deceased comrades.

*** *** ***

Tommy and Ken were led by the guard towards the center of the explosion through the labyrinth next to the mansion, only two of the men held weapons, Tommy held his M4, the same rifle he used to kill Lance and Sonny, the guard brought an Uzi. Tommy and the guard both had their guns at the ready, expecting the remnant of Sonny's men.

Tommy was curious about the guard regarding how he moved through the labyrinth, his movement was silence yet at a very quick pace, almost like a professional, Tommy decided to ask, "Were you in the service?"

The guard nodded, without looking back to his employer he answered, "Yes sir, I was in Vietnam until '73, 1st Air Cav."

That answered Tommy curiosity, he wondered if Phil knew the guy, but he doubt it. The trio of men was now approaching their destination, the smell of smoke was stronger and the number of burnt wall of the labyrinth intensified. They turn left, and found scorched earth and a crater ten feet wide.

"I thought my time of dodging V.C. mortar was over." the guard joked.

"Pssst, you hear that?" Ken said, attracting the other two men attention.

"Hear what?" Tommy asked. "What did all that shooting messed up your ears?"

Amongst the sound of flames that was turning the grass wall into ashes they can hear someone crying, but the crying wasn't right, the voice belongs to a female, and as far as Tommy knows the Forelli's doesn't have female in their ranks. Tommy and the guard approach the crater, while Ken stayed behind.

Tommy and the guard approach the crater, as they got closer the crying was becoming more audible, and it was definitely female. Both men now able to see the center of impact, on the center of the crater, what they witnessed was unbelievable yet amazing. The two saw a horse, a purple horse with wings, and a horn that adorned it's head.

"What is that?" the guard asked in bewilderment.

Tommy don't know what to reply to the question, but he tried the best he can, "Its a purple horse."

The guard tried to jump into the crater to get a closer look at the creature in it, but was stopped by Tommy's hand. He gesture his head toward where Ken was and regrouped with the said lawyer.

"So what's in there?" the lawyer asked.

"A horse," Tommy answered.

"A horse?" Ken questioned again.

"A purple horse, with wings and horn," explained the guard.

"You guys must be joking right?" said Ken. But his question was answered by two very stern face.

"Go see for yourself," Tommy suggested.

The conniving lawyer decided that they were joking and wanted to see what was on the crater, he approached the crater and saw what the previous two men did a crying purple horse, he immediately turn back to his companions.

"Believe me now?" Tommy asked Ken.

"I know what I see, but I don't think I can believe it," Ken said, "Maybe I should lay off the coke for a while."

"Well it's definitely real," the guard, "We ain't seeing things, or hearing things."

Tommy pondered at the thought that they were hallucinating the same thing at the same time, but he quickly dismissed the idea because it literally impossible. He reached a dead end on coming up with a logical explanation why is there a purple horse laying on a crater in the middle of Starfish Island. Then he asked to the rest of his three men group, "Got any ideas?"

"Well we can't just leave a unicorn on your backyard can't we?" Ken said.

"A unicorn?" Tommy questioned.

"Yeah, ya know horses with wings and horn, a unicorn," Ken explained. "It's greek myth, and there's paintings of it inside the house."

"Anyways, any idea how are we getting out a unicorn outta my backyard?" Tommy asked to his lawyer and his employee.

"Maybe we an lure 'em out?" the guard suggested.

"With what exactly?" Tommy said.

"With food I guess." the guard continued his idea. "Carrots maybe?"

Tommy agreed with the idea, a quickly set the plan into motion. "You, what's your name?" Tommy asked the guard.

"Vincent sir." the guard gave up his name.

"Alright you're the one with the idea,Vincent, get some rope." Tommy commanded the guard then turn to Ken, "Ken you grab some carrots from the fridge, go!"

With that Ken went back into the house and make a dash to the mansion's kitchen to find the carrots Tommy mentioned, the guard went to jetty behind the house, he grab the mooring rope used to tie speed boats to the said jetty and went back to the labyrinth. Within three minutes Ken and the guard came back with the items required to lure the purple unicorn out of the labyrinth.

"What's the plan sir?" Vincent asked.

"We're gonna lure that horse outta the crater first," Tommy continued, "Then we tie 'em up and place it in the house."

*** *** ***

Twilight eyes had open it's gate and let stream of tears flow for how long, she didn't know, she felt guilt of unable to protect her friends from the yellow menace. She lost track of time of how long she had been mourning for her friends death, but she didn't care, unfortunately her mourning was abruptly interrupted by a voice. She looked up to the source of the voice, instead of a pony, her vision met by an alien, it was a creature covered in skin not fur, it posses a curly mane on it's head and it wears a purple suit and a pair of glasses. The creature's claw like appendage approach her with an orange vegetable on it grasp.

"Here horsey, horsey, horsey," the alien called.

Twilight was terrified as the creature was getting closer and closer, in hoping of fending off the creature, she charge up her horn and shot a bolt of magic.

"Holy shit!" the alien swears.

"What the hell was that?!" shouted a different voice.

After hearing another voice, Twilight ears drop an she closes here eye, fearing that those creatures would came back for her. After a while the creatures didn't reappear. Twilight decided to climb the crater to check her surrounding, she found herself in a labyrinth. Suddenly something grabbed her mane from behind, and the claw like appendages returns and put a rag upon her mouth, the rag had an intoxicating smell that cause her world to turn dark again.

*** *** ***

"Holy fuckin' shit!" the lawyer cursed, "That thing almost took off my arm!"

"Well that plan didn't worked," Vincent stated.

"Damn it, I should've known," Tommy said.

"Know what sir?" Vincent asked.

"A scared animal is the most dangerous animals," Tommy explained to the guard. "You don't spend 15 years in prison without knowing that."

Tommy proceed to make another plan on how to removing and relocating the unicorn that had attacked his lawyer out of the labyrinth."Vincent get me a piece of rag and look for a bottle of chloroform," Tommy ordered Vincent.

Vincent immediately ran back to the house to get the things his employer needed, soon he was back at the labyrinth. Tommy soak the rag in clear liquid that is chloroform."We gotta make sure it can't see us," said Tommy.

"How?" Ken asked

"We gotta go behind 'em," Tommy answered.

The three men maneuver around the crater make sure not to be seen by it's occupant. Arriving behind the crater, they all took a prone position on the grass and waited. Half an hour later the occupant of the crater popped out it's head, with chloroform soaked rag in his grasp, Tommy yanked Twilight's mane and put the rag on her mouth, making her unconscious, Vincent then tied Twilight's leg, and the three men ran back into the house.