• Published 16th Jun 2013
  • 1,860 Views, 11 Comments

City of Vices - A Pony Typewriter



Flashy cars, big hairs, boom boxes, and ye-yo

  • ...
3
 11
 1,860

Hallways

Spike was pacing back and forth across the castle gate, waiting for Twilight to take him to his delicious, moist, gem and cream filled donuts. As Twilight arrived at the gate she was met by a drooling baby dragon with a blank expression.

"Spike c'mon!" shouted Twilight.

Spike snapped out of his day dream, and follow Twilight, "Coming!"

The pair walked down the streets of Canterlot to their destination, Joe's Donut shop. During their walk, ponies waved hello and gave bows to Twilight, being occupied by studying the content of the Starswirl's book, she didn't reply them, she just kept walking to their intended destination. They arrived at their destination, upon opening the door Spike and Twilight met by an almost empty store, only an earth pony stallion in a blue uniform can be seen in one of the booth.

Hearing his door rings Donut Joe exited his kitchen to greet a new customer. "Welcome to Donut Joe Do-" Joe halt his welcome speech to see who was his customer, it was a unicorn with wings and lavender in color, he immediately lowered his head, "Greeting Princess," the lavender princess didn't reply. For a full thirty second there was silence, and Joe held his bow, hoping he will be relieved from his position right now.

Twilight was just standing in front of the counter reading the book held by her magic. Spike finally took action by elbowing Twilight.

"Ouch, what was that for?" asked Twilight angrily. Spike just gesture his head to the opposite side of the counter."Oh, you may rise," Twilight commanded.

Joe rose from the bow and asked, "May I take your order, Her Majesty."

"No need to be formal," Twilight requested, "You and I have known each other for a very long time, and I owe you for those late night study in your store anyways."

"Hehehe, I guess your right," Joe continued, "So what can I get for ya?"

Spike raised his claw an opened his mouth, before he can let out a single word, he was interrupted by Twilight. "I would like half dozen of glazed donuts, four strawberry jam donuts, and two of your specials," Twilight continued with her order, "Coffee and three gem donuts for Spike."

"Comin' right up." said the Joe

After ordering they both took a seat on one of the booth, and Twilight continue her reading. "Twilight, whats is it with you and books," Spike asked. "I mean, you just become a princess,relax will ya?"

Twilight shot a glare at Spike and said, "Spike this book is not just any book it's one of Starswirl the Bearded book," Twilight continued,"And it's my last assignment from the princess before she let me go." Twilight expression suddenly became sullen as she heard those last words.

What does she mean by letting me go ?

"Twi, you okay ?" asked a worried Spike.

"Yeah I'm okay." replied the lavender mare.

For the rest of the day Twilight spend her time within the store premises studying her last assignment, with only coffee, donut and Joe as her companion, while Spike, after finishing his donuts went straight to search for the mare of his dreams, offering help in anyway he can.

*** *** ***

The sun was already setting when Twilight finishes her study, she figured out how to cast the spell that her mentor couldn't. She paid for all her orders and went back to the palace, before she enters she asked one of the guard standing guard on the door."Excuse me sir, have you seen any of my friend came in before me?"

"No your majesty," the guard answered.

"Could you tell them to come to my room if they pass by?" requested the lavender alicorn.

"It will be done your highness," the guard complied.

She thanked the guard and made her way to her room.

Half an hour passed by and only one of her friends had come to her room, it was Rainbow Dash.

"Hi Twi, what do you need me for?" the cyan pegasus asked.

"Hello Rainbow Dash," greeted the lavender princess,"I need you for a spell that I'm about to cast."

"Need me for a spell?" asked the rainbow maned pegasus, "but I don't own a horn, let alone how to cast magic."

"Well, it's not only you actually, but also the rest of the girls." explained Twilight.

The explanation Rainbow Dash received only add to her bewilderment, she scratched her head to the fact that only two of their group can do real magic or cast any spells, those being Twilight and Rarity, but she decided not to inquire further. Both of the mares spent another hour waiting for their friend to arrive. Applejack came next, then Rarity, after that came along the party pony, Pinkie Pie, last to arrive was the timid pegasus, Fluttershy.

"Looks like we're all here," stated Twilight. "Then let's begin."

"Twi, why do you need us again?" asked Applejack. "Ah'm mean less than a half of us can do magic."

"The book said that, in order to spell to work there must be more than one pony to work," explained Twilight. "Here take a look."

"Maybe it's a spell to create a party?!" said Pinkie Pie.

She handed the book to Applejack for her to see, the others soon gathered in a group to see what the book said as Twilight set candles on her guest room floor. Written on the last sentence of the paragraph on the opened page was a phrase.

One must share a strong bond in order to overcome great distance, to face great adversary, with that bond one will accomplish the impossible.

To the rest of the mares the phrase doesn't make any sense, but they decided not to question it. Applejack gave the book back to Twilight. By the time the Elements, excluding Twilight, finished reading, the lavender princess was completing some kind symbol on the floor using chalk. The symbol had a double circular outer line with unfamiliar letters in between and on the out most line was candles put in five separate points, inside the inner circle were straight lines that seems to go in different direction.

"And we are ready," Twilight continued, "Please step into the circle."

The other Element bearer hesitantly put their hooves into the circle. After all of her friend were inside the circle, Twilight proceed to join them. As her horn glowed, so the lines that she had drawn, the candles fire also grew larger and changed color to purple, eventually the circle and the floor became nothing but a bright purple light.

Everypony in the room was starting to worry, as the floor beneath them start to emit a brighter glow. Twilight horn was now emitting sparks, she opened her eyes and her body started to float. The scene was horrifying, as Twilight wings was now flared open and her eyes glowed white. With a blinding light and an explosion they were gone.

Spike walked out of the bathroom after he heard a loud bang outside, "What happened out there, felt like an earthquake...whoa," He was surprised to see the room in shambles after just ten minutes he was gone. Then there was a knock.

"Oh, Fluttershy you forgot your saddlebag...."said the Lord of Chaos. He was stunned to saw a room with scorch mark in the center and debris everywhere, he then greeted the purple baby dragon inside like nothing had happened, "Oh, hello Spike."

*** *** ***

Twilight opens her eyes to find herself lying on the floor, she got up with nausea and headache pounding her head. She then looked around her surrounding, finding herself in a dark hallway.

"Ugh....." came a raspy yet familiar voice.

"Rainbow Dash?" asked Twilight.

"Where are we?" the prismatic pegasus asked groggily.

"I-I don't know," the lavender mare replied.

"Ma'h belly ain't feel'n dandy," stated Applejack, as she proceed empty her stomach.

"Did it work, is it a party spell, tell me!" asked Pinkie, with her hooves covering her eye, hoping for a surprise.

"Well it worked, but it isn't a party spell," Twilight answered.

"Ahhh, ponyfeathers," Pinkie said in disappointment, but her optimism surfaced again,"Well at least it worked."

"Uh-uhm can we find an exit" said Fluttershy. "It's dark in here and I don't really like the dark, if that okay with you."

"I agree with Fluttershy, let's find an exit from this dreadful place," Rarity said as she comfort a trembling Fluttershy.

They eventually started wondering through the hallway looking for an exit. After five minute of search they came upon on a door with a metal plaque of the number four in roman numerals. Twilight enveloped the doorknob, as she was about to turn it a sound came from beyond the said door.

Yellow car!

"There's somepony on the other side!" Twilight thought.

Well it seems that my invisibility pills are still working

BOOM!

Before Twilight could open it, gunshots rang from the opposite side of the door, spent round casing start rolling from the gap separating the door and the floor. Then something crashed on to the door that caused it to dent. After that the Elements backed away from the door, looking for the exit.

"What was that, Twi?" questioned Rainbow Dash.

Twilight had no answer to that question, she just answer as best she can."What ever that was, it doesn't sound friendly."

They came upon another door, on the left of the hallway, the door has metal plaque of a helmet.As they approach the door the air became warm and moist but accompanied by a foul stench. Instead of someone talking there was music. But then there was multiple voice having an argument

Let's get ready to move!

Wait a minute, hold it, hold it, nobody pullin' out, it's only one fuckin' sniper out there!

Back off Mother I'm calling place, I said we're pulling out!

Yeah? How 'bout Doc Jay and Eightball?

I know it's a shitty thing to do, but we can't refuse to accept the situation.

Yeah? But we're not leaving Doc Jay and Eightball!

Doc Jay and Eightball are wasted you know that!

Bullshit! c'mon you guys we gotta go bring 'em back, let's go get 'em let's do it

Stand down Mother that's a direct order!

Fuck you Cowboy, fuck you all asshole!

CHUGA CHUGA CHUGA

God dammnit!

CHUGA CHUGA CHUGA

WEEEEOOOOO!