• Published 14th Feb 2012
  • 614 Views, 11 Comments

Am I Crazy? - Moony



Applejack just couldn't hold her curiosity.She HAD to open the door, and might end all of equestria!

  • ...
 11
 614

Into Darkness...

Applejack knew that sleep was out of her reach for at least three hours as she tossed and turned in her bed. She knew inside that the door wasn't just a prank - all of her friends were at the party by the time she got there. But she also knew that she wanted to open it like all heck in Equestria. The hunger was eating her inside, and the first seed was planted. She formed a plan to curb the hunger, and laughed - hushed so as not to wake any pony. The laugh was maniacle, horrible, and wicked - it sounded nothing like the true Applejack's laugh. She crawled out of the window and cantered as fast as her hooves could take her to the Everfree Forest.

The forest was cool and dark, with flowers like ghosts lurking at the edge of the path. They watched as an orange pony trotted breathlessly through the draping trees. They wilted slightly as she passed, knowing that nothing good could come of this midnight visit.

"AHAHAHAHA! Must. Open. Door! It's killing me! IT IS! My friends, they think that I can't open it, but they're wrong, they're WRONG! They think it's just a prank, they think they can get away with it! I'll show THEM!" she screamed devilishly.

She wasn't herself, and she was DEFINITELY going to open the door.

'Where's the door?!' she though anxiously to herself. She simply MUST open it - her curiosity's life depended on it! She would go loopy if she couldn't open the -

"DOOR!"

She skidded to a halt in front of the same door. The signs were still there, but there almost seemed to be MORE of them. She bit her lower lip, wondering if she should just go back home. 'I can't' she thought strongly. 'I have to open the door. Besides, it's just a DOOR! I wonder why it's makin' me so crazy? I don' know why it's makin' me so...' she let her subconcious finish with whatever word it liked, but she knew she couldn't admit it to herself at this time. She brought up a hoof, poked the door, and pole vaulted behind a bush. Peeking out, she didn't see any quick sand or swinging knives, so she walked back over. "Okay door, you're being opened."

The door didn't do anything at first. It just kinda... opened. She laughed, and for the moment her craze went away. Then the door blew up.


"GROAN!" Applejack said, regaining her grip on reality. She slid gracefully (Not really) to her hooves and looked around. The door was gone, but the signs were still there. She took a step and yoweled in pain. Looking at her throbbing hoof, she saw a six inch long splinter sticking out. Okay, so the door WAS there, just in a billion useless shards on the ground. Great. "What a good idea to open the door Applejack! Real great. Now it blew in yer face and ya have no clue how!" she scolded herself. She had to admit it to herself now. For a while there, she had gone unexplainably, oddly, crazily, horribly...




Mad.