• Published 3rd Jun 2013
  • 383 Views, 2 Comments

What do we live for? - Graccodef1le



A time of oppression without Cutie Marks is revolutionized by a particular stallion who discovers his true potential and sparks a revolution against the SSB

  • ...
 2
 383

PROLOUGE

What do we live for?
Industrial beginnings of Equestria
PRELUDE

What do we live for? We live for others to find happiness within ourselves. We live to find the meaning of life itself.
The Land of Equestria wasn’t always so peaceful and full of merriment. It was once a dark and eerie place that was inhabited by Stallions working every day to feed their starving families. The land grieved over the loved ones that lost their lives during the first Pony War I. Families usually consisted of four to five, were usually found burying the dead in heaps of dirt on the battle field because the cost of tombstones became too expensive.

Unfortunately, the term “Cutie Mark” wasn’t invented until the 20th century. It was an industrial time, so “anypony”, no matter what age, had to devote at least 10 hours a day to helping the economy in some way. Beforehand, fillies and colts marks appeared on their flanks to mark their occupation. Their youth was their worst enemy because; they were often given impossible tasks. Young colts worked alongside stallions to run the mines and do construction. Young fillies were seen alongside ponies either tending to foals at home, knitting clothes, teaching, and providing medical aid to wounded soldiers.
In the lowly outskirts of Equestria, where the wind doesn’t blow, a small town resides. This town is called Laharlville. The Land of Equestria is very dependent on this particular town because it is built above thousands of mines filled with gems. These gems are dug up and then exported to the surrounding villages.

It may seem that the town of Larharl and the ponies in it should be wealthy but, it is not. All the wealth goes to a group of Stallions that goes by the name Sun Shine Brigade. Any gems or bits collected from the mines goes directly to them. Half of the money is exported to other villages by law but then the other half is kept by the SSB. They cause terror fear and terror throughout the streets of Laharlville. Houses are kept locked when the SSB are on patrol. If a house is unlocked, they clean the house out of the family’s earnings. Anyone that resists or tries to stop them is dragged out onto the street by their hooves and is given the “Sunny Day” treatment. The amount of terror that they caused prevented anypony to revolt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~