• Published 6th Jun 2013
  • 595 Views, 14 Comments

Melomancy - The Notebook



A song that can tell someone's life is a story spindled into sound. Lets put that all in reverse, shall we?

  • ...
0
 14
 595

Heart Song 1: Granny Smith

Loyalty

Since all began,
It all started with a boom,
And now she who flies in blue,
Has made that happen again,
From a Loyal freind in need,
To a endless supply of swag,
She started it all.
------
A little blue filly,
Ready for a silly little race,
A look of focus upon her face,
Mane a mess and wings spread out,
The flag is waved,
Vroom,
Off she goes with no time delay,
Her competitors ahead she speeds up,
The first turn was a breeze,
The second a quick flash,
One racer downed,
On to the rings,
Quick as a blur she goes through most,
The final ring she drops like a falcon,
Suddenly they flash fills the sky,
Barrier shattered faster than sound,
Soaring five others gain their marks.
(By me)













Apple of My Eye (Granny Smith)


When I was young...
When I was young...
----------
Yeah that's right granny had once been a young mother and not a wrinkled sack of bones. Her rocking chair slowly tilting back and forth. Rocking in a very calming rythme, even so she cried her tears not completely without emotion though. She was forever thinking of the thought no mother could escape, especially at her age. Whether her foal was watching down on her mother and her children?
---------
When I was young
You were still here
I watched them grow
I kept them safe
-------------------
Granny had ever since Big Mac was in diapers taken care of her child's foals. Even though the incident had happened at a young age Applejack had taken it the hardest. All she had left was a brown fedora from her ma, Big Mac his father's harness. Applebloom had gotten only a simple ribbon, and each had cried at the fact of "Yer Ma and Pa ain't Comin' back." And that the fact of it hurt Granny to the point of all she could do was cry while comforting her grand foals. Why was it so difficult to escape the facts.
----------------------
But you had to go
You had to go
--------------
10 years back

"Are ya gonna come back an' take me fishin?' You did promise Pa." Applejack said looking up at the worn farmer pony that was her father. His massive structure like a pillar on stone that could never be blown down. Oh how wrong that was.

" 'Course My prettiest apple," He replied using his pet name for Applejack, smiling affectionately he looked nuzzled her before turning to Mig Macintosh and taking off his harness, "Big Mac this is yers for now keep it safe, I doubt Manehattan needs me smashin' into people with this cind'r on mah neck. Can I trust ya with that much?" Finishing he put it on the ground for Big Mac

"Eeyup." Big Mac replied in a childish and in no way deep voice, he was only 11 after all he had no time for purposely making his voice deeper and Stalliony.

Granny Smith looked at her daughter Apple pie with a worried look, "Are ye sure I may be ol' but I can still do my work with them food companies." She said trying to talk her daughter out of it, something bad always happened when she got worried and right now Granny was worried beyond herself.

"Yes mom I'm sure we'll be back tomorrow." Apple pie said nuzzling little newborn Applebloom one last time before giving her to Applejack. Taking off her ratty brown fedora she placed it atop Applejack's head. Nuzzling Big Mac, and making him blush visibly and embracing her mother and daughters quickly Apple pie waved to them and ran off to catch the train that left in 15 minutes, followed in suite by her husband. Little did they know that that train ride would hold the couples last few moments.

Trapped within the metal death box were three bombs, each level 5 exsplosives.
--------------
Granny Smith stares out a window and she see's many things.
From the past to the present and the inbetweens.
Love, Loss, limits, and Dreams, and even screams...
But that's life, and for her it's just a routine...
Or at least it seems...
Upon a desk a few feet away... a picture displayed.
A frame with a face and name that is placed on the corner of memory.
Traced to a time that's embraced by a many who have stayed
In this old house. Sometimes it's just a cold house.
Haunted by the fears and the old doubts.
-------------------------------------
Hollowness seemed to be the only thing that filled the space where a pony didn't stand to Granny Smith. Her sanctuary was her worst fear, and her worst fear was the emptiness that those bombs had left in her chest. The cold nights to her were minuscule to the cold in her chest. On her exterior you would see a old, gentle mare that would tend to get rowdy and strict, but that was a mask.
-------------------------------------
Life was but a dreaded phase now. Pain and nothing but that, even for such a caring family the house was hollow inside.
She remembers being a foal, but admits she is old now.
Applejack throws her hair back. Applebloom laughs towed by her big brother Big Mac.
It's exactly the way you'd have want it.
The only thing missing is your presence here upon it.

It gets harder to remember you.
But when it happens I just look to your children for a better view.
I see your eyes in their tender youth
I see your smile when they grin I pretend that you're with 'em too.
If only then I had I had listened too...
Then a granny they'd have lost, 'stead of both their parents is the truth.
I survived as the living proof... but I'd gladly give my life in second
just to switch with you.
--------------------------------
If she could Granny would have gone. Why had she agreed to let those two go, instead. Had Granny become lazy? Had she become... No that wasn't the right question. Would she have switched places with her foal and son-in-law? Yes, that went unsaid, as no one in the family was half as grieved by the events as her. No one was as affected by the plague that was death, than Granny Smith. Not even her grand kids .
--------------------------------
I wish you'd stayed
I wish you'd seen
How beautiful this family would've been
If you had stayed
If you had stayed
-------------------------
Beautiful. It was true, so true. Why did you go I would have gladly gone, you had no reason to. Why Apple pie? Harness? Granny was asking only her thoughts as tears fell down her wrinkled and elderly face.
-------------------------
They were too young
Big Mac, Applejack
It was too soon for Applebloom
My heart it broke
The tears they choked
When you did go
------------------------------
10 years back (The Funeral)

In front of all the apples each dressed in black was a tribute bigger than any fancy fireworks display or song that could be written for some one. This funeral was being done Southern style, outside, family-only, and as cherry as dread and sadness would let you be. Playing there fiddles in a very sad and depressing square dance song, the apples all cheered out one last good bye for the two they had lost.

"To you we sing this disheartened song. It's not really our thing here but for today the lullaby must ring. The tree is long with work and blood from harness to bones, each apple is different. And today two have fallen. So we sing the lullaby. Good bye, our sweets, and cousins, our parents, to you our siblings, and Friends, to the blood that you used to paint the apples a delicious red. Listen to the lullaby, we say Goodbye." The apples seemed to chant more than sing, crying and depression emitted from the crowd and made many have to stop.

Big Mac not much of a singer, or a talker, stood straight in front of his fathers casket wearing the harness his father had left him as well as his only black clothing a plaid black shirt, that barely fit. Not a sound came from the red colt, who at that moment became the man of the house vowing his silence and to work more than yap for the rest of his life.

Applejack stood beside of him chanting while trying to hush very loudly crying Applebloom. Applejack was wearing a black dress and was waiting for the end of this pain. Her heart was bleeding on the inside and it was gushing. HARD. She vowed that day to work, with THE BEST work ethic, to say only Honesty, and to watch after her siblings even if she was the middle child.

Granny Smith cried, normal right? Wrong. Granny Smith almost NEVER EVER cried about anything even when Little Appleseed... Best leave that untouched. Point back on, Granny Smith crying was scary, it filled many with doubt and fear. Wearing a black band around her hair and a black pilgrim dress. She made no vows only said 22words, "Today we lost my foal and her love I ask we give them one last Apple family Square dance in there honor."

Everyone agreed in their grief, as saying no was like rejecting the whole family.
------------------------------
And I can tell you you'd be proud of em all.
Applejack is worth her weight in gold, Big Mac standin Tall
Applebloom so strong with her friends...
And it sends me shivers cause I see in them SMALL
images, and snippets of your life when you grew up.
When I was rough young and tough and I knew of
the only thing that our family needed was a few of
these bits and these apple-seeds and a bit of true love.
And who loves you more than I do...
I remember when you met that stallion... the shy dude.
When I had to meet him he would hide behind you.
In time love bloomed as he'd ride beside you.
I cried as you recited "I do"
Pride in my little foal grew to find you
A grown mare, and soon you'd have your own there.
3 gems you brought into our home here.
No fear... cause clearly they grew up fine.
No father or mother... they had a tough time.
But they had each other and that's enough right?
And I did my best to raise 'em up right.
I still cry in my room, on various nights.
I wonder why so soon you had to just die.
No mother should ever bury her one child
When I was young, I died a little inside.
------------------------
Granny Smith was no longer a full soul. She was missing a few screws, some from age and memory loss, but some from the one memory that never seemed to be elusive to her, the one she thought on now as tears entered her wrinkled face. Apple pie, Applejack would be your source of bragging with all the things she and her Friends do. Harness Big Mac is even bigger than you, and one day will probably make someone's daughter quite happy. Applebloom and her group of rascals, oh I hope you watch those three the get into more trouble than Celestia's 4,000 years of knowledge could tell you. Oh, why didn't I just go? Harness, you and Apple pie are bother silver tongued... Ruffians.
------------------------
When you were young...
You both too young...
When I young...
When I was young...