• ...
4
 6
 993

introduction

A small group of four mares walked quietly along the alleyways of the once great streets of canterlot. The once classy city was now a desolate city polluted with fire and smoke, which darkened the already dark night sky. Behind the partially destroyed building and graffiti filled alleyways, four mares walked around. Trying desperately to survive.

They took a turn a turn down an alleyway, it was full of rotting bodies. They approached an exploded carcass; twilight touched the unknown slime on her hooves. "Never seen them like this before." She said to the group.

"Geez twilight, dash said sarcastically, don't let that stop you from rubbing it all over yourself"
Twilight turned to her friend; she walked over and wiped the revolting slime all over her fur. "They're changing rainbow."

She continued down the alleyway, dash whined out loud, "oh god DAMMIT twilight!" it smells like shit!" the finally all walked down the alleyway until they heard the sound of crying.

"Somepony still alive!" applejack exclaimed to the rest of the group

"Pinkie and rainbow stand guard, I and AJ are going in." they gingerly opened the door and walked in. their hoof steps echoed in the almost vacant building.

"Howdy, are you okay, were not gonna-" as their lights shined over the figure twilight noticed the milky white eyes of the figure. And noticed they were shining,

"AJ! lights off!" twilight whispered loudly. As she attempted to lower AJ's revolver, she accidently hit her hoof back, firing a shot right at the zombie. The zombie shot up, screamed and ran with immense speed right at the 2 ponies. "HOLY SHIT, RUN!!" twilight yelled.

Rainbow and pinkie heard the commotion and nervously looked in. only to be greeted by AJ and twilight running and being followed by a screaming zombie.

The trio ran outside at full speed. The zombie managed to knock down twilight. Rainbow raised her katana and stabbed it through the screaming zombie. The zombie unfazed turned around and stabbed her claws straight into rainbow. She screamed in horrible pain and fell down.

"RAINBOW!!" the group said nearly simultaneously. Before they could charge at the zombie, smg bullets spitfire into the night. The zombie was then covered in blood and filled with bullets. The zombie screeched one last time, and fell to the ground dead.

A silhouette ran toward them. It emerged into the light, revealing it to be an uninfected, male Pegasus. They all turned their attention to rainbow, who held her hoof over a giant wound in her chest, with blood leaking everywhere.

AJ sat rainbow upright and twilight pulled out some bandages and wrapped her up. Rainbow said a "Thanks a lot Twi, and also thanks mysterious Pegasus guy." She sat upright. Before anyone could respond they heard the screech of the zombie horde advancing on them, fast.

Pinkie helped rainbow dash on her feet. Applejack, pinkie, and the Pegasus pointed their guns down the alleyway and started firing. The zombie horde was being taken down fast. As the last of the zombies were killed the gunfire stopped. The group of now 5 walked down, almost tripping over all the bodies. A zombie without a leg reached out toward the Pegasus. He pointed his smg at its head and fired. Its brains splattered all over the wall, and its hoof dropped down.

A bright light appeared in the sky. The group dismissed the light until they heard the sound of chopper blades. The helicopter flew overhead; pinkie immediately ran at the helicopter and yelling at the top of her voice.

"That moron!" the Pegasus yelled and chased after her. Pinkie chased the helicopter until she was in the street. "Damn it!" she said to herself and started sulking. But she had no idea something was stalking her. It hopped on some pipes and aimed for pinkie. It launched its body in the air and landed on pinkie.

Before it sunk its claws into a screaming pinkie, the Pegasus turned the corner and shot up the zombie, it got hit in the chest and stumbled off her. A final bullet was put in its neck. It fell onto a nearby car and busted open the windshield, and started bleeding out on the car. The rest of the group ran onto the street.

"Pinkie are you okay?" twilight asked pinkie nervously.

"Yea! My new friend here saved me just in time!" pinkie responded.

"OK good" she let out a sigh of relief and turned to the Pegasus. "Thanks again, umm, what's your name?" she asked him.

"Well my name is s-" the zombies finally bleed out and hit its head into the cracked windshield, sending of an alarm. "OH GOD DAMMIT!" the Pegasus yelled into the air. He started to run; the rest of the group did the same. They ran through the streets, dodging zombies. They heard a loud roar behind them. They looked back to see a car being flung into the air and crushing multiple zombies. Then a lumbering 8 ft tall beast emerged from the crowd. The group slowly backed up.

"Run or shoot?" pinkie asked as calm as she could. No one responded. This time she yelled it at them, to break them of their trance. "RUN OR SHOOT?"

"BOTH!" she yelled back. The group started running, focusing their gunfire on the beast. They managed to run into a nearby alleyway. They spotted a fire exit nearby. Twilight, pinkie, and applejack climbed up the ladder. The male Pegasus flew in the air and fired down at the zombies.

Dash backed onto a wall. She yelled "COME ON, COME ON!" at the nearby tank. The tank jumped around the corner and hit the wall. She readied herself and the katana in an attacking position. But before she could strike the tank picked up a zombie and threw it at her, it hit her in the side and knocked her off balance. The tanked raised it arms above his head attempting to crush her. But he was met by a magnum shot to the head and spray of the Pegasus's smg.

She heard AJ's voice shouting at her. "RAINBOW GET UP HERE!" she flew to the top. AJ was shooting at zombies down below. The tank started climbing up. AJ reached the top when the fire escape broke. It was about to fall when she took a leap of faith. She almost reached the top before yelling "RAINBOW!" dash reached her hoof down and grabbed AJ and pulled her up. AJ sprawled onto the floor, Rainbow slouched against the wall, and the male Pegasus reloaded his smg. And twilight started smoking a magical cigar.

Pinkie bounced up and down saying with relief "We made it! I can't believe we made it!"

"Pinkie we just crossed the street, Twilight said with slight irritation, let's not throw a party until were out of the city..."

With that they all relaxed and drifted off to sleep.

Author's Note:

second ever attemp at fan fiction, hope you guys enjoy :)