• Published 30th May 2013
  • 465 Views, 6 Comments

Fire that burns - Poniard Dagger



Princess Luna must flee to escape a new Princess Celestia

  • ...
5
 6
 465

prelude

Here follows the accounts and annals of Princess Luna Alicore, Princess of Equestria, Keeper of harmony, and Defender of the Faith, concerning the beginning of the Solar Flare and the days therein.

Day one hundred the seventh of the year 2322 of the Third Age: The Age of Harmony:

I find now how dull our job truly is, we stay awake during the time when most ponies sleep. My night court does not have but near twelve visitors any one night, and only on holidays. I sometimes wish that out shift had any interesting ponies to visit us. The royal guards have taken to playing Chess in between visitors, a game that I declined, as it is not proper for the night princess to be seen playing games while there is work to be done, what little work my sister trusts me with.

Today we saw only seven ponies, two traditional couples, one group of two mares, and a stallion. As is usual in my night court, the two couples wished a blessing on their marriage, both I gladly provided. The two mares, one cream-white and the other a pale green, wished a rather strange blessing, one I have not heard for quite a while, they wished a fertility blessing, I am not certain how it will help, for, as my sister once put it, “Slot A cannot go into Slot B”. The stallion, a handsome deep purple unicorn, if I do say so myself, simply wished for an approval of a project he wished to gain government funding for. He spoke of a magical box, he called it a storage box, he said it opened to a new dimension, he wished for government funding to develop and stabilize the spell to make it possible. When I granted his request of one million bits he seemed overjoyed, and told me he would name the spell after myself, how kind of him. I forgot to ask his name, I very much wish to find him again.

Day one hundred the eighth of the year 2322 of the Third Age: The Age of Harmony:

My sister troubles me, she showed me several plans of hers, she spoke of a new government. She spoke of what Nightmare Moon wished, she spoke of how she now sees the wisdom. I fear she has succumbed to the same shadow which overtook me. In secret, I have gathered my personal guard, and four of the six. Should she wish upon us a Solar blaze, I hope Equestria is ready. The last time one of the three separated, Equestria was nearly destroyed, along with the world. Apart from my sister's strange ideas, the night came and went as is usual, I saw but one pony today, the purple unicorn again, he simply wished to convey gratitude for his grant. I am pleased to see him again, I asked of his name, for which he replied, “Silent Shadow.” His name startled me, but I am not sure as to why, I feel as though I have known him, but it cannot be possible, I have just met the stallion yesterday.

Day one hundred the twentieth of the year 2322 of the Third Age: The Age of Harmony:

It seems my sister has come to her senses, I have had little type to write my daily log, as I was attempting to head my sister off. This evening however, she appears to be much more herself, no more talk of the new regime. I hope we may put this small bump in the r

Here ends the accounts and annals of Princess Luna Alicore, Princess of Equestria, Keeper of harmony, and Defender of the Faith, concerning the beginning of the Solar Flare and the days therein.