• Published 10th Jun 2013
  • 1,177 Views, 3 Comments

Galaxy Express 999: Pegasus Line - Metro A-5



A train of myth and legend pulls into Canterlot Station

  • ...
2
 3
 1,177

(Chapter 1) It Came from the Sky

"EVERYBODY STEP BACK!" The station master screamed, along with other conductors who were also trying to make the crowd move back. Everyone wanted the chance to see. Just sheer minutes ago a gigantic train pulled in from above the clouds and slammed on to the rails. Nearly everyone in the station turned to the platform when the train hit the ground and eased into the station. At first the locomotive remained still and everyone approached it, curious as to its arrival, but when the grey beast let out a huge whiff of steam the conductors and other station employees began moving in and slowly edged the growing crowd back to the other side of the platform.

The station master yelled again. "CAN WE PLEASE HAVE EVERYONE MOVE BACK!!!!" The crowd continued to resist. New people had arrived and wanted to see the train themselves which added to the force of the mob. The station master shook his head to the ground, inhaled, tilted back and gave off one final holler. "WE WILL INFORMED THE ROYAL GUARDS IF YOU DO NOT CORPORATE WITH US!!!" Soon the crowd backed off and were huddled in the building's main lobby area, inside the station. The station master waved over an conductor and asked him to call the royal palace, he acknowledged him with a head nod and ran to find a phone.

The train let out another whoosh of steam, covering the platform near it. The station master let out a sigh, took his hat off, and ran his hand through his hair. "What the hell are you?" he thought. But soon he decided to wait for the royal guards out in the lobby with the rest of the crowd who were just as confused as he was.

30 minutes later....

"Alright the last group may leave now." announced a guard. And soon the lobby was empty. The guard turned to the station master. "Can you explain that hunk of metal out on the express line?"

The station master shrugged. "It just came from the sky. Theirs nothing more I can really say about it. Is their something wrong?"

"I just don't have a good feeling about this train. Its been sitting there with the car doors open and no ones left the train." The guard looked out a window to make sure the train was still there. He stumbled back when the train let out another wisp of steam.

"Maybe there is no one on board." suggested the station master.

"Then we will just have to check it out ourselves." said a voice from behind. The guard turned, then immediately snapped to attention.

"What's the deal sir?" asked the station master, but he too snapped to attention when he looked over his shoulder. Princess Celestia had managed to walk in without making any noise. She made a soft smile as the two snapped to attention. The idling train made another whoosh of steam, which grabbed her attention.

"Has their been any developments in regarding this train?" Celestia moved closer to the window and observed the train. The size and shape was very remarkable. Its silver steel reflected the sun from the top of the engine. Labeled on the tender was 999 in bright yellow paint.

"As far as we can tell princess, the train hasn't shown anything to us that would suggest it being dangerous. It might just possibly be a flying train. But we can't know everything until we take a look inside." The guard looked to the front door to the train station, then looked back at Celestia. "If you want I could have someone go and check."

The princess waved her hand. "No, there won't be a need for that."

"Why?" asked the Station master. Celestia motioned her hand toward the window.

Princess Luna was waiting on the platform scanning the train. She leaned back and forth on her feet looking for anything that stuck out. And after a minute of thinking, Luna crossed her arms and walked on to the train.

The guard looked back at princess Celestia. "Are you sure you don't want me to escort her?"

Celestia laughed. "Luna can handle herself. I don't think a train is going to get the better of her besides she---"

AHWOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Everyone immediately looked out the windows. The engine had a huge pillar of smoke leaving the funnel. All the passenger car doors began to shut simultaneously. CLANG-CLANG-CLANG-CLANG-CLANG-CLANG The train let out another scream.

AHWOOOOOOOOO!!!!

The huge train began to pull slowly away from the station. It soon let out a enormous cloud of steam that covered the entire platform. The guard ran to the platform doors but Celestia grabbed the back of his armor. "I said she can handle herself." The guard looked back.

"What are you saying? Just let that thing pull away!?"

Celestia stared directly into the guard's eyes. " I'm not comfortable with this either but if we try to chase, restrain or stop the train. The owners will see it as an hostile act and might harm Luna. So for now we'll wait and then call the station down the line and talk to them about the train. We'll see if we can get Luna off of it."

"Um......Princess.....that might not be possible." Called out the station master in a shaky voice as he slowly pointed out the window.

The princess walked over and tilted her head to look out the window and gasped in shock. The train wasn't following the tracks. It was heading back up into the air. Tracks began appearing in front of the train out of thin air as it climbed into the sky. And as the train became smaller it gave one more holler good-bye.

AHWOOOOOOOOO-WOOOOO-WOO-WOO

Celestia placed her hand on the window. "Luna....." she said softly.

Everyone remained silent as the train disappeared completely. The whistle echoed through out the train station. Celestia began to fear the worst of what could happen to her sister.

Author's Note:

Sorry that things were rushed and sorry that my grammar is terrible. This idea was a last minute decision. And to the person who had to review this for submission, Sorry that you had to suffer.