• Published 25th May 2013
  • 616 Views, 8 Comments

The Titanic - Weisted Machine



Rarity sails the titanic, but we all know how it ends. Don't we?

  • ...
 8
 616

Letting Go

“Ooh Sweetie Belle you’ll be alright. I promise to visit you anytime I can!” Rarity tried to cheer up her younger sister, Sweetiebelle. The white unicorn filly looked up at Rarity with teary, emerald eyes.

“Promise you’ll come back to Ponyville?” Sweetie Belle asked, her voice wavering as more tears threatened to escape.

“I promise. Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye” Rarity did the motions of the Pinkie Pie promise as a small smile fell across Sweetie Belles’ face.

“Alright. I love you, big sis” Sweetie Belle said crawling into her sisters lap for a hug. Rarity returned it, inviting the filly into her hooves.

The purple maned unicorn let out a sigh. She hadn’t expected Sweetiebelle to take her departure this hard, but this was her choice. Her life. Ever since she received a letter from her mother, it had been the best and most disappointing moment of her life. In the letter, her mother had explained that she received two first-class tickets to ride the Titanic. Rarity, at this, was overjoyed. But with only two tickets, that meant somepony had to stay behind. Sweetie Belle volunteered to stay back, and with Rarity gone sailing, she would have to take over and watch her sisters boutique.

“Will you tell mom I said hi while you’re on the titanic too?” Sweetie Belle asked. Rarity nodded.

“I will” Rarity said.

“Where is the ship taking you, anyway?” Sweetie Belle asked.

“The Titanic is taking us ponies across the Pacific ocean, to the city Trottingham. Right next to Manehatten” Rarity replied, stroking her sisters purple and white mane.

“I see … Well, you better continue to pack your stuff … The Titanic sails tomorrow, and you don’t want to be late” Sweetie Belle said, drawing back from Rarity’s lap.

“Oh .. That’s right .. Well, hehe, I better get back to it!” The fashonista smiled, getting to her hooves, and proceeded to her room.

--

Packing took hours. For Rarity, at least. For four hours, she was gathering her dress making supplies, her dresses, clothes, materials, and everything else important to the unicorn. And with a final pull of a zipper on her luggage, she collapsed.

‘Packing can sure be hard!’ The white unicorn thought to herself as she examined her gatherings. She had everything, and now, her room was almost empty with the exception of her bed.

“Well, a lady has to get some beauty rest if she’s going to be on Equestria’s largest ship tomorrow! I’ll just wish Sweetie Belle to bed, then I’ll get to bed myself, as well” Rarity said aloud. Butterflies flew in her stomach as she trotted down the stairs of her boutique. She grew more nervous as time ticked by, but she didn’t care. She was excited, too.

“Sweetie Belle? Sweetie Belle darling are you down here?” Rarity called as she reached her main floor. She found Sweetie Belle on the couch, sleeping softly with a piece of paper, folded neatly in half.

‘Oh .. If she is sleeping, I shouldn’t wake her up’ Rarity said inside her head silently as she made her way to the couch. She leaned over to her younger sister, kissed her gently on the cheek before drawing back.

“Goodnight, Sweetie Belle” Rarity whispered. With that, she turned back and walked up the stairs, turned the hallway to her room, and closed the door behind her.

She fell over onto her bed, snuggled into the covers, shut her eyes, and fell into a peaceful, silent and dreamless sleep.