• Published 11th Feb 2012
  • 2,217 Views, 16 Comments

Trixie - Rising - Charade



Trixie's humiliation at the hooves of Twilight has only made her lust for greatness more powerful!

  • ...
8
 16
 2,217

Expectation

Trixie found herself standing in the thrown room of Canterlot castle. It was the same dream every night. She could see princess Celestia standing over a limp, heep of minty blue fur. The next thing she knew she could see Bane, much younger looking, with four pegasi royal guards straining to hold him back. "You killed her! You killed her! I hate you! Roxane! ROXXXANNNE!" He screamed and flailed wildly, his skin a soft red glow. The strength spell.

The azure unicorn recognized the spell ever since she had learned it herself a few weeks back. It used magic to temporarily bypass the brain's control of over a ponies muscles, like an artificial adrenalin. A very dangerous spell to say the least since it could easily tear your muscles apart if you weren't careful.

Every night Trixie dreamed this same dream, but every night she was shown more. Celestia spoke now. "General Bane! Calm yourself!"

"No! You knew this would happen! You knew and you did it anyway! Why?!" The crimson red pony wailed, seeing the love of his live lying dead on the floor at the hooves of the sun princess.

"Bane! That is enough!" She boomed in the royal Canterlot voice.

Her mentor broke free from the four pegasi guards and charged at the princess shouting, "I'll kill you! I'll kill you, you evil bitch!!"

Trixie's eyes shot open into the waking world. Just as was every day she remembered the dream in vivid detail, but why? *What does it mean?* Every day she thought about asking bane himself if he knew anything about it but what would she say? Oh hey I had this dream about you? It just seemed like an odd thing to talk about.

Another question weighed on the young unicorn's mind: *Why is he teaching me these things? I want to be better than Twilight, I want to be the best! But what is he getting out of it? Does it have something to do with my dream?* She let out a long yawn and figured It was no use worrying about Bane's intentions. Whatever they were.

The light blue pony had learned quite a lot in the last year. She'd learned how to fly, how to walk on water, how to teleport vast distances, even how to detect the magical presence of other ponies and gauge how powerful they were. It was because of this last passive spell that she could 'feel' that the difference between hers and Bane's magic was rapidly closing. Then of course most recently, she had learned Bane's strength spell.

Last night they had fallen asleep in a cave embedded into a rocky outcrop in the middle of this...waste land that Bane insisted on training her in. Under normal circumstances The Great and Powerful Trixie would never sleep in a filthy cave, but she was always so tired by the end of her training sessions that it didn't matter to her any more. Not to mention she was kind of getting used to it, and to the golden shackle around her neck.

"So you've finally woken up, eh sleeping beauty?" Bane said as he entered the cave.

Trixie groaned. "Please, don't EVER call me that again."

"Are you ready for today's training?" He asked

She nodded. "Trixie is ready."

Bane held a flask of blue liquid in front of his student.

"What's that?" Asked the blue unicorn

"This," He answered "Is your final exercise, but fist lets review. Show me flight." Trixie stood on her hind legs while a blue aura instantly formed around her. The boastful unicorn drifted about six feet into the air before landing gracefully back down.

"Good, now show me teleport." In a fashion much quicker and more effective than your typical unicorn, Trixie rapidly vanished and reappeared around the room. With almost no effort at all she could instantly zip to any nearby location at less than a moments notice.

"Very good! Now show me strength." Her skin a soft red glow, the unicorn let her magic take full control of her muscles. She reared back and slammed her hooves into the dried dirt. The impact of her demonstration left two miniature craters in the ground. That is, of course, if you count a two feet deep hole that looks like it was dug with an explosive as 'miniature'.

"Now, show me magic bolt." A bright blue spark lit up the tip of Trixie's horn and a jagged crack of magic shot forth like a bolt of lightning, blasting a hole in the solid rock wall bigger than Bane's head. "Splendid! Amazing, you've progressed a staggering amount since we began our training!

Trixie soaked up the praise like a sponge, oh how she loved to be told how powerful she was. It would be all the sweeter once she finally bested twilight!

"Ahem, now then..." Said Bane trying to get himeself back on topic. "...drinking this potion will cause an imbalance in your body's passive magic, basically forcing dozens of latent talents to come to the surface." He could see that Trixie only understood about half of what he was saying. "Its called 'Cutie-pox' in lamepony terms."

His pupil nodded slowly. "Soooo, you're going to intentionally infect me with cutie-pox?" She was about to ask why but she had already gained so much power so far, why start questioning now?

"Right," He said "...and you're going to control it, or at least I hope you will." He took a deep breath. Was he...was he worried!? Trixie had never seen her mentor look worried or even the slightest bit concerned.

"I-is something the matter?" She asked awkwardly

He shook his head. "The thing is...I've never completed this exercise before, I tired but...I just couldn't do it." He stared intently at Trixie. "I don't even know if it can be done... but in theory if you could wrap you conscious magic around your disrupted system of passive magic and forcibly re-stabilize yourself....if you could CONTROL the disease...You would unlock all the talents and knacks that came with it. Since magic IS your special talent, if any pony can do its you."

A stunning revelation hit Trixie "That's why you chose me, isn't it? Because only a unicorn who's talent is magic could pass the final test...but wait why did you choose me over twilight?"

He smiled. "Simple, Twilight does not posses the shear DRIVE that you do! You WANT to be the best! That makes the difference!"

She nodded. "Ok then, Give me the potion."

"Very well but you'll never pull it of with that thing still around your neck." Bane touched the tip of his horn to the golden restraint around Trixie's neck. With a flash it it dropped to the ground.

At first Trixie felt light headed, with so much suppressed power now flowing freely though her. She felt lighter, more powerful! The thing had certainly done its job in exercising the blue mare's magic. Now that that accursed brace was gone the azure mare could swear her power had increased ten fold!


"Ok, here goes." She said and gulped down the potion. Trixie felt a bit of pressure and a slight burning sensation as the first cutie mark appeared, a trapeze swing. The younger unicorn began immediately to start jumping and flipping around the cave with much more grace and accuracy then she could ever manage with out the potion.

A flood of knowledge bombarded the young mare's mind and senses. Recipes, skills, songs, knowing how to do things she'd have never thought herself capable of! But it was all flashing by so fast she couldn't even make sense of it.

The next mark, a music note flashed into view on her opposite flank. "Baaaane" She sang. "I fell so very strange! and look whats this? I could never sing this in this range!?" She continued to do flips and cartwheels around the cave as she sang.

Bane had to hold back his laughter. "Use your magic! Take control!" He shouted

Just then *Oh NO* a comedy mask appeared on the pony's azure shoulder. "Whats the difference between a piano and a fiiiiish?" She sang out.

Bane smirked. "I don't know, tell me."

Trixie wanted to strangle him for that but she could not help herself as she blurt out the punch line. "You can tune a piano, but you cant tune-a-fish!"

Bane laughed hysterically.

The next cutie mark, a gardening trowel. She ran out side, compelled by the cutiemark to dig out a garden even though she had nothing to plant in it.

A kanji symble appeared on her forehead. "ベイン!私はそれを行うことはできません!何?私はちんぷんかんぷんな話をしています!" She shouted, almost crying.

((Bane! I don't know if I can do this! WHAT!? I'm talking gibberish now?))

Trixie concentrated as hard as she could, and slowly the flood of knowledge filling her brain seemed more coherent. It didn't attack her nervous system and force her to do every task that popped into her head.

With her face visibly straining with effort she begins to bring the cutie pox more and more under her control. One by one all of the cutimarks all over her body began to fade away, yet the young mare could still feel the knowledge in her brain.

The azure colored unicorn was left trembling. This, this feeling it was amazing! She felt like she could literally match anypony's talent! "Bane...Your insane! I-it worked! I can feel it, so much unlocked magic!"

Bane smiled. "Congratulations, Trixie. You've learned everything I can teach you. Of course I would expect no less from my own daughter."

Trixie's eyes widened in realization. "Your DAUGHTER? But then your my...my"

Bane finished her thought "...Father, Yes Trixie I'm you father."

Trixie was at a loss for words. She had asked Alex many times about her parents but he never told her much. "What about my mother!? Do you-"

Bane cut her off with a blunt, and bitter remark. "Celestia killed her!"

Trixie shook her head. "I saw it! I mean well I had a dream, It felt so real." She looked at Bane with suspicion. "Did you mess with my dreams?"

Bane shook his head. "No. I haven't but if you've really somehow seen it...Your mother was a unicorn with mint colored blue fur, Her name was...." He nearly choked on the nest word. "...Roxane."

Trixie's awe quickly turned into rage as she remembered the hard life she had with only her and Alex to look after each other. "Where have you been?! Why weren't you there for us!?" She remembered all the times when they didn't have enough to eat! All the knights of sleeping on the cold street. "How could you abandon us!?!"

"I DIDN'T!!" He snapped. "I Was banished to the moon for over ten years after I attacked that worthless whore they all call a princess!"

The small blue mare didn't know rather to feel happy or enraged. Bane was her father but he hadn't been there! In fact Trixie almost considered Alex to be her dad. He was CERTAINLY more of a father than Bane ever was. *But what could he have done?* Se argued back to her self. After all he was imprisoned on the moon for ten years!

So many questions welled up inside her. What exactly had Celestia done to kill her mother? Why did she and her brother end up living on the street if their father was a high ranking general? Should...Should she even believe a word Bane says? But She knew, Trixie could feel it in her soul what he was saying was the truth.

All the questions and memories buzzing around inside her head, all of the noise led her to one conclusion. "This is all HER fault! She's the reason I had no family! SHE'S the reason I grew up on the streets!" Bitterness and rage overwhelmed the little blue unicorn and the ground shook beneath her new found power.

"That miserable worthies whore of a princess thinks she's better than everyone else? She thinks she can just do whatever she wants? Well NO PONY stomps all over The Grrrreat and Powerful Trixie!"

Her entire body became a blaze with bight blue magic. Her voice crackled like lightning. "I'll show Twilight, I'll show Celestia....That I AM The Great and Powerful Trixie!! The most powerful pony IN THE WORLD!!"